Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Paddy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Leave JayRam to it. His talk isn't genuine. He just likes to argue and play the contraian. People haven’t got the energy to chime in everyday on this topic. Leave it for a few weeks and you'll see.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:09 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Leave JayRam to it. His talk isn't genuine. He just likes to argue and play the contraian. People haven’t got the energy to chime in everyday on this topic. Leave it for a few weeks and you'll see.

Genuine and factual.
All I have said is that we're on good form recently and I am positive about it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Listen, each to their own. when the vast majority wanted Wenger Out there were still some people who were steadfastly Wenger In. I have no problem with Jay having a different opinion, I'm just stating my opposition to his opinion. Jay isn't the only person on the forum that is giving his support to Arteta, they are not WUMs for doing so.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 pm

theHotHead wrote:Listen, each to their own. when the vast majority wanted Wenger Out there were still some people who were steadfastly Wenger In. I have no problem with Jay having a different opinion, I'm just stating my opposition to his opinion. Jay isn't the only person on the forum that is giving his support to Arteta, they are not WUMs for doing so.

I’ve gone from Wenger In to Wenger Back. Who’s with me?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:54 pm

theHotHead wrote:Listen, each to their own. when the vast majority wanted Wenger Out there were still some people who were steadfastly Wenger In. I have no problem with Jay having a different opinion, I'm just stating my opposition to his opinion. Jay isn't the only person on the forum that is giving his support to Arteta, they are not WUMs for doing so.

Jay was Arteta out whilst we were in this epic 5 month run he keeps banging on about. It was only an epic 2 or 3 month run then but regardless he wanted him gone.

We get humiliated in the Europa and all of a sudden he loves Arteta?

Come on HH. He's trolling. I don't mind it but it is what he's doing
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Loved when Wenger was in. But, now its too late for him to devote the time and energy to straighten up the mess.
I don't see a quick turn around, neither is Arteta my favourite, but now that he is in charge I am willing to give him more time to improve. There might be some decent additions and some important clear out of deadwoods and troublemakers which gives me hope.
As a long term fan who has gone through ups and downs, I am willing to accept some pain to eventually enjoy better days again.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:14 pm

Ach wrote:

Jay was Arteta out whilst we were in this epic 5 month run he keeps banging on about. It was only an epic 2 or 3 month run then but regardless he wanted him gone.

We get humiliated in the Europa and all of a sudden he loves Arteta?

Come on HH. He's trolling. I don't mind it but it is what he's doing

1 ) I do not love Arteta - made clear. You know this, but you are baiting.
2) I, like anyone, am entitled to change my mind based on results. I have told you this several times. but you are baiting.
3) My outlook on our form changed prior to the Europa League exit - it was actually in April (The Arteta thread shows this where I was talking then about our improvement in form) - so your theory it was after the EL exit is plain wrong. But hey, you instead choose to bait.

This place has become an emotional meltdown wreck with posters sounding more like Chelsea fans than Arsenal fans.

By the way, there is one absolute troll on this site and it's pretty clear who that is (not you, but even you know who - but they just happen to be on your side of the argument).

I will actually f**k off and leave you chaps to it, though.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm

Okay, guys, enough with the pot-shots and accusations. If you people disagree and can't digest each other's opinions, ignore each other. It's simple. You don't have to go on and on about the same topic when there's no middle ground. It gets annoying and boring.

Paddy and Ach, that's enough. No need to accuse Jayram of being a troll repeatedly.

Enough with this nonsense. Talk about other things rather than beating a dead horse. There are loads of other discussions to be had. If you can't agree, then agree to disagree.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ag6789 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Agree very much.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jase89 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Angelito wrote:Okay, guys, enough with the pot-shots and accusations. If you people disagree and can't digest each other's opinions, ignore each other. It's simple. You don't have to go on and on about the same topic when there's no middle ground. It gets annoying and boring.

Paddy and Ach, that's enough. No need to accuse Jayram of being a troll repeatedly.

Enough with this nonsense. Talk about other things rather than beating a dead horse. There are loads of other discussions to be had. If you can't agree, then agree to disagree.

About time! This happens far too much on many threads
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby swipe right » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:00 am

Who’d you rather? Mikel Arteta or Paolo Fonseca?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 am

ag6789 wrote:Loved when Wenger was in. But, now its too late for him to devote the time and energy to straighten up the mess.
I don't see a quick turn around, neither is Arteta my favourite, but now that he is in charge I am willing to give him more time to improve. There might be some decent additions and some important clear out of deadwoods and troublemakers which gives me hope.
As a long term fan who has gone through ups and downs, I am willing to accept some pain to eventually enjoy better days again.

I like you, every post of yours ive seen recently has been decent and pretty rational, refreshing to see :grouphug:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 am

Santi wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Loved when Wenger was in. But, now its too late for him to devote the time and energy to straighten up the mess.

I like you, every post of yours ive seen recently has been decent and pretty rational, refreshing to see :grouphug:

The problem is we are a season and a half into Arteta's reign and, the football is worse, there are no clear signs of what Arteta is actually trying to do, there seem to be personnel issues throughout the squad, Areta is as stubborn as Wenger which is not a good thing. Whats the point of waiting and hoping that Arteta finally gets a clue ? We are wasting valuable time. Meanwhile eveyone around us is moving forwards ......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:17 pm

So what do you want? Sack Arteta and pay the remaining 15m of his contract (will likely mean 1 signing less this season) while paying over the odds for a top manager like Conte who will want near enough 10m a season (lets say 30m over 3 years) to come here and deal with this shit.

That's 45m total cost to replace him and get a good manager, only to be stuck with the same wank bunch of players as before. The mistakes have already been made, about 7 years ago when we kept Wenger and didn't get Klopp. Followed by appointing Emery and then paying a rookie 5m a season because he licked Pep's arsehole for 3 years.

Now it's either Kroenke spends his way out of it big time, Arteta gets his shit together or someone buys the club to fix it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:41 pm

I think the only real option is for Kroenke to pay his way out of this mess, KSE absorb the hit and move us forward. If we wait another 3 years to see if he comes good, we might be playing catch up for a longer period. At the very least we have to arrest the slide, I do not think Arteta is capable of doing so, I foresee 3 seasons of tepid football and bouncing around where we are now. With the players we have the very least we would end up in a leauge season is 10th, but II don't have confidence that Arteta can out-think teams that come to sit back. Its all well and good beating top teams that come at us by defending and nicking a goal here and there, but where we have been caught out is games we are expected to go out and attack, Arteta has shown time and time again that he is limited tactically.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk