Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:20 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Top 5 I would accept providing the football was scintillating. I refuse to accept top 6 as an achievement or improvement

Top 6 is an improvement.
It would be an incredible achievement for the youngest squad in the PL and a new team getting to know each other.
Next year top 4, but that is a massive stretch for a team so young.
It's a long tern project whether you accept it or not.
Been trying to tell you.

I don't buy this long term project rubbish!
Auba and Laca are gone in the summer, we will then have to rebuild our front line. Can we attract players of their calibre? No!
So next season we will be starting a long term attacking project.
Our emerging talent will be getting nods from Newcastle in season 3.
We are likely to be level at mid table with them. They will be building up with big wages and we will be building for the future.
City or Liverpool will be flirting with Saka before long. He's too good for top 8.

In my view which I'm sure is right, long term projects only work when you're at the top. What is there to keep a modern player at our club at present?
World class manager? No
World class players to work with? No
Champions league? No
High wages? No
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:40 pm

We won’t finish in the top ten this season.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:43 pm

It's unlikely. 11-14 I'd say
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Top 5 I would accept providing the football was scintillating. I refuse to accept top 6 as an achievement or improvement

Top 6 is an improvement.
It would be an incredible achievement for the youngest squad in the PL and a new team getting to know each other.
Been trying to tell you.

I don't buy this long term project rubbish!
Auba and Laca are gone in the summer, we will then have to rebuild our front line. Can we attract players of their calibre? No!
So next season we will be starting a long term attacking project.
Our emerging talent will be getting nods from Newcastle in season 3.
We are likely to be level at mid table with them. They will be building up with big wages and we will be building for the future.
City or Liverpool will be flirting with Saka before long. He's too good for top 8.

In my view which I'm sure is right, long term projects only work when you're at the top. What is there to keep a modern player at our club at present?
World class manager? No
World class players to work with? No
Champions league? No
High wages? No

Then don't buy it.
Your approval nor your money are required.
It is a fact though, the club have outlined it.
I guess you could choose to stop following the club, wait and come back when we're better again, or just moan about it. Up to you really, but it is what it is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Top 6 is an improvement.
Been trying to tell you.

No way do you get away with that, not in the slightest.

You said to make top 4/5 we'd be better off outside of Europe so we don't have to travel to Ireland on a Thursday night which is an exact quote.

Fk off with 6th, we didn't sacrifice Europe just for two places up.

Also I hate to break it to you, this "long term project" is dead, its an idea sold to d*ck heads who believed it.

There is nothing long term, we bought players, no different to what Wenger used to do, Wenger bought youth all the fkin time what are you on about??

In a nut shell as Swipe already laid it on you, this "long term" is just an excuse for failure, nothing about the Prem is long term anymore, look at Newcastle, the competition started yesterday and it'll still be going on decades from now, no one wants to hear about some cack handed "long term" nothing.

All we're doing is praying our youth come good, then by the time they do, Newcastle would of bought some of them, the others won't be good and we'll be back to square one.

It won't work.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Top 6 is an improvement.
Been trying to tell you.

No way do you get away with that, not in the slightest.

You said to make top 4/5 we'd be better off outside of Europe so we don't have to travel to Ireland on a Thursday night which is an exact quote.

Fk off with 6th, we didn't sacrifice Europe just for two places up.

Also I hate to break it to you, this "long term project" is dead, its an idea sold to d*ck heads who believed it.

There is nothing long term, we bought players, no different to what Wenger used to do, Wenger bought youth all the fkin time what are you on about??

In a nut shell as Swipe already laid it on you, this "long term" is just an excuse for failure, nothing about the Prem is long term anymore, look at Newcastle, the competition started yesterday and it'll still be going on decades from now, no one wants to hear about some cack handed "long term" nothing.

All we're doing is praying our youth come good, then by the time they do, Newcastle would of bought some of them, the others won't be good and we'll be back to square one.

It won't work.

Nope - and I don't have to get away with anything.
I have consistently said top 6 is acceptable, top 4 a real push but possible.
I don't give a flying f**k about the EL.
I want top 6 to show improvement, not get in that shit competition.

It's a long term build whether you like it or not.
It is what it is and has been well articulated by the club.
You can moan that it won't work or you can watch to see if it will, up to you really.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:57 pm

We have the 5th best squad, to get 4th with the 5th best squad and no european football is doable
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:We have the 5th best squad, to get 4th with the 5th best squad and no european football is doable

If it's not then the manager is shit!
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:We have the 5th best squad, to get 4th with the 5th best squad and no european football is doable

Agree, however, we've already dropped 7/15 pts against winnable opposition. That's the gap right there.

We should be gearing up for a FA Cup run, because we aren't going to make it to Europe via league position. Or goal difference at this rate. The margins are far too thin these days.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm

Doesn't give a f**k about the Europa but qualifying for it is successful

:rofll:

Ladies and gentlemen I give you jay. He doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

Maybe getting in to it and being knocked out by a "shit" team will make him do another 180 as it did last season lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 pm

Do we?

Midfield is as bad as it's ever been. No creativity. Defence is poor.

Strikers aging

But we did spend the most money. Anything less than a title challenge is unacceptable
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:57 pm

Ach wrote:

Do we?

Midfield is as bad as it's ever been. No creativity. Defence is poor.

Strikers aging

But we did spend the most money. Anything less than a title challenge is unacceptable

I rate us above Leicester, it pretty close with spurs for me
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:49 am

We don't have the 5th best squad.
We have a potentially good for squad but very young.
This season the squad is mid table, maybe 8th/9th but possibly lower.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:58 am

Ach wrote:Doesn't give a f**k about the Europa but qualifying for it is successful

:rofll:

Ladies and gentlemen I give you jay. He doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

Maybe getting in to it and being knocked out by a "shit" team will make him do another 180 as it did last season lol

You qualify for the Charity Shield if you win the FA Cup. I would love to win the FA Cup, couldnt care less about the Charity Shield really.

Finishing 6th is about showing progress for this young squad. A barometer of their success as a team in improving our level.

The EL? Meh
B League stuff.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 am

Yeah cos our European record is so good, we can afford to look down on European competitions lol

Your lack of knowledge about the club you claim to support is astounding. Who needs rivals fans when we have you?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk