Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:09 am

Jay, we are turgid in attack and are 12th. Crystal Palace have developed a system of play and identity that is giving everyone trouble in a fraction of the time (and money spent) that Arteta has been given. We have luckily scraped victories, they have been unlucky and dropped points.

Our luck will run out, what will we be left with??? How can we be so shit in attack?? Its not just this season, it goes back to last season too. What was the graphic I just saw - 20 goals scored in 20 something home games!!! Thats over a season's worth of home games!! Absolutely dreadful return of goals.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 am

It is funny how we all seem to have forgotten that we, during this recent international break, broke the record for most goals scored by players from a single club. If there is any evidence that something is off ... it is in this. We have not once under Arteta's reign played to the strengths of our players - we play according to a prefabricated image and understanding Arteta has about how we should play. I am all for creativity and aspiration but the players and manager need to meet in the middle. That is not happening.

Look at Lacazette last night ... structurally dislocated in our current system, therefore has become a backup. Comes on and most of the forum (many of whom were happy to offload him before the window closed), alongside much of our fanbase, recognize his ability and influence. Had we have won 1-0, we would not have recognized this because within that instance, Arteta's plan still holds up, even if by its teeth. Do we see the danger in all this?
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:09 am

TedLasso wrote:You’re blinded by the silver lining

No, he is just the biggest WUM on the forum. :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:31 am

Reiss wrote:
NovaGB wrote:The concern is how easily these shit teams are pressing us and how hard it is for us to score, even the Norwich performance was terrible, the only good performance has been the Spuds game, even then i was not confident we would keep hold of a 3-0 lead.

Why have we stopped pressing? Auba is pressing but the rest don't.

We looked so good against Spurs when we pressed them and closed the space down. It gave us a real identity. What identity do we have under Arteta? I can't see one.

Klopp has implemented a good gegenpressing style of play at Liverpool. They press whether they play Bradford or Barcelona.

They weren’t matching the same intensity on the press.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:06 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:
NovaGB wrote:The concern is how easily these shit teams are pressing us and how hard it is for us to score, even the Norwich performance was terrible, the only good performance has been the Spuds game, even then i was not confident we would keep hold of a 3-0 lead.

We looked so good against Spurs when we pressed them and closed the space down. It gave us a real identity. What identity do we have under Arteta? I can't see one.

Klopp has implemented a good gegenpressing style of play at Liverpool. They press whether they play Bradford or Barcelona.

Wasn't the issue yesterday.
The issue is that we are struggling to deal with the press and we got outnumbered in midfield.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NovaGB » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:12 pm

swipe right wrote:Arsenal and United decided to unearth or develop the next great manager. City, Liverpool and Chelsea went out and hired the best managers available. The results are there for all to see.

I agree 100%
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:

The issue is that we are struggling to deal with the press and we got outnumbered in midfield.

We could see that would be a problem from the lineup, I was surprised to see 1 CM and 4 attacking players ahead of him. That isolated Partey, its easy for 3 players to gang up on one.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:18 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:

We could see that would be a problem from the lineup, I was surprised to see 1 CM and 4 attacking players ahead of him. That isolated Partey, its easy for 3 players to gang up on one.

I agree, I felt the same.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby LMAO » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:51 pm

That's...not good enough.

Give Arteta until the end of the season, and if results haven't improved, then fire him and bring in someone like Ten Hag or Potter.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm

LMAO wrote:

Give Arteta until the end of the season, and if results haven't improved, then fire him and bring in someone like Ten Hag or Potter.

Last 33 games = 58pts, 1.76pts per game, season extrapolation 67 pts (same as Chelsea last year in 4th)
First 33 games = 47pts , 1.43pts per game, season extrapolation 54 pts (mid table)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:20 pm

TedLasso wrote:67 points would have been 6th in 2019 and 2018, 7th in 2017. Not exactly the form we should be aiming for.

...and 4th last year.
I would take 6th this year to show progression.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:23 pm

No Europe. Anything less than top 4 is failure
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:32 pm

LMAO wrote:

It's cool dude, no Europe this year to distract Arteta from his tactical diagrams #trusttheprocess
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Top 5 I would accept providing the football was scintillating. I refuse to accept top 6 as an achievement or improvement
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:Top 5 I would accept providing the football was scintillating. I refuse to accept top 6 as an achievement or improvement

Top 6 is an improvement.
It would be an incredible achievement for the youngest squad in the PL and a new team getting to know each other.
Next year top 4, but that is a massive stretch for a team so young.
It's a long tern project whether you accept it or not.
Been trying to tell you.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk