Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:22 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:Arteta'll be off to Barca next time they need a manager IMO. To the outside world our title race was him massively overachieving. He won't turn them down if they come knocking.

He actually says all the right things, he knows and said they were out played and he knows they are grossly under powered, I don't see us fighting for the title next season we still are a long ways off being the squad we all crave,
Arteta is a good manager we could do far worse, CL will bring us extra money to buy some players, it also provides games of more intensity the players we sign from here in imo need to be 1st teamers that better that 1st 11 and the players they replace will have to improve and fight to play
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:56 am

VCC wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:Arteta'll be off to Barca next time they need a manager IMO. To the outside world our title race was him massively overachieving. He won't turn them down if they come knocking.

He actually says all the right things, he knows and said they were out played and he knows they are grossly under powered, I don't see us fighting for the title next season we still are a long ways off being the squad we all crave,
Arteta is a good manager we could do far worse, CL will bring us extra money to buy some players, it also provides games of more intensity the players we sign from here in imo need to be 1st teamers that better that 1st 11 and the players they replace will have to improve and fight to play

He can talk the talk but can't walk the walk, defiantly a case of bullshit baffling brains when it comes down to him. This was the season to WIN something, next, we will be nowhere near the top. Put all his eggs in one basket and lost everything.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:26 am

If he keeps getting top-4 here, I think he might succeed Pep at City eventually.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:53 am

firfi wrote:Honestly i'd say Conte over Nagelsmann.We need some fighting spirit in the team and i don't think Nagelsmann is that guy that brings that.

I wouldn't. As much as I like Conte he isn't a mid to long term manager, I don't want him to set things in motion then piss off 2 years later
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:01 am

My take on this is My joy and happiness of the season up until now far far outweighs the disappointment of the inevitable fact that City closed the gap and are in pole position. In reality and I said it before, the gap was only 5 points and we had been winning most games and hardly drawing any. It was a phenomenal run from us.

My goal for Arsenal was for us to be competitive and this season has proved without a shadow of a doubt that we are. What we now need to do is cement our place as second best team in the league and then push on next season in a genuine attempt to over-haul Man City.

If we go into next season relying on Xhaka, Nketiah, Holding and Zinchenko (LB) against the strength and depth that City have we may as well concede the title in August, cos City will not let up !! If we can get Rice and another RB that immediately plugs the most obvious holes we have, Jorginho/Partey/Rice would be a fantastic midfield set, let Tierney and Zinch play LB in certain games.

I'm NOT Arteta Out, he has done a fantastic job this season, its a shame we have collapsed at the last hurdle.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:09 am

theHotHead wrote:
firfi wrote:Honestly i'd say Conte over Nagelsmann.We need some fighting spirit in the team and i don't think Nagelsmann is that guy that brings that.

I wouldn't. As much as I like Conte he isn't a mid to long term manager, I don't want him to set things in motion then piss off 2 years later

If he lasted that long, no I don't want him either, I just hope and pray that Arteta has learned a massive lesson this season and will utilise what knowledge he has learned this season to push on and better this season. My biggest problem with him is he seems too rigid one dimensional so to speak keeping his fav boys starting and not giving others a chance to shine.
Nuggets

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:55 pm

He'll be eaten alive there; Xavi is expected to win the league, he's not getting 3.5 years to do it. Arteta has lived in the UK for 20 years, never played for Barca or Spanish NT, rarely recruits Spanish players. After Arsenal, I think he'll manage in England; they'll give him more time.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby firfi » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:51 am

U know i say Conte ,because he can bring the winning mentality in the squad and Arteta seems to be a bottlejob type of manager.Last season when we had the upper hand for top4 it came down to some belief and winning mentality and we bottled it big time and this year same happened.The players came to City with the mentality that we cannot beat them even Southampton came with more belief and we're first in the league.The squad has quality in it.He did amazing job rebuilding it , but got lucky with Saka and Martinelli and they're the ones leading the squad.I don't really rate any of our signings as game changers.All of them are okay for the price ,but nothing special.Saliba is the one outstanding defender and he was here beforehand.Jesus was a good signing when we we're fighting for top4 ,but for the Title not really and same goes for Zinchenko.However that being said the squad was good enough to win the league this season and with few additions is gonna be good enough to challenge for the league next season.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby PairyGrows » Mon May 01, 2023 11:51 am

I am starting to get concerned that bottling is seeping into the DNA of this team.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Mon May 01, 2023 12:13 pm

I preferred not to speak after the diabolical draws hoping against all hope that we'd do something v Man city. We didn't

I prefer to speak now. Absolute epic bottle job.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 01, 2023 2:01 pm

Ach wrote:I preferred not to speak after the diabolical draws hoping against all hope that we'd do something v Man city. We didn't

I prefer to speak now. Absolute epic bottle job.

Sad but True. :(
Nuggets

Postby Goonerred » Mon May 01, 2023 2:07 pm

I never truly thought we'd win the league but we sure went out with a whimper.

Big summer transfer and season coming up.
Ps it's still mathematically possible...
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Nuggets » Mon May 01, 2023 2:57 pm

Goonerred wrote:I never truly thought we'd win the league but we sure went out with a whimper.

To be honest I didn't think we would win BUt it's the way we bottled our last games is a bummer, it just looked like he didn't learn anything from the first of the bottle games. Yes we can still win the Prem and I can still be ordaind the next pope :arse fan: :sneaky2:
Nuggets

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 01, 2023 3:56 pm

Goonerred wrote:I never truly thought we'd win the league but we sure went out with a whimper.

We'll keep dropping points until the gap becomes too wide. That's when we'll go on a winning run!
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Sun May 14, 2023 5:27 pm

Has to go
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk