Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 19, 2022 6:55 pm

I’d rather have an older team that wins over a young team that doesn’t.

I think that to succeed you need top quality experienced players who have been there and done that, young players as we saw during the Wenger era can’t win big trophies, they need to learn from the experienced players.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Thu May 19, 2022 7:08 pm

We have/ had experienced players in Xhakha, Elneny, Partey, Laca, Auba, Pepe etc. So it was a mix of youth and experience. But the experienced players didn't do that well whereas youth more or less pulled the team to 5th. Next year the 20-23 yrs will be 21-24 so bit more hardened, bit more experienced like ManU in '93-'95. Someone famously said then 'You can achieve nothing w/ kids' and he was taken to the cleaners by SAF. Old story!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Hypergooner » Thu May 19, 2022 7:14 pm

ag6789 wrote:We have/ had experienced players in Xhakha, Elneny, Partey, Laca, Auba, Pepe etc. So it was a mix of youth and experience. But the experienced players didn't do that well whereas youth more or less pulled the team to 5th. Next year the 20-23 yrs will be 21-24 so bit more hardened, bit more experienced like ManU in '93-'95. Someone famously said then 'You can achieve nothing w/ kids' and he was taken to the cleaners by SAF. Old story!

Alan Hansen! Fergie was another level though
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 19, 2022 7:44 pm

ag6789 wrote:We have/ had experienced players in Xhakha, Elneny, Partey, Laca, Auba, Pepe etc. So it was a mix of youth and experience. But the experienced players didn't do that well whereas youth more or less pulled the team to 5th. Next year the 20-23 yrs will be 21-24 so bit more hardened, bit more experienced like ManU in '93-'95. Someone famously said then 'You can achieve nothing w/ kids' and he was taken to the cleaners by SAF. Old story!

SAF had no rivals with more money, paying higher wages, and with more chance of winning trophies to contend with - different game now. How many 'kids' in the City and Liverpool starting elevens?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 19, 2022 7:54 pm

Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:Youngest team in the league and people are asking if our team is young :rofll:

You couldn't make this up!

Its relative, for someone as smart as you claim to be you don't half chat some bullah !

We've literally got the youngest team in the league you lemon :rofll:

Making yourself look like a bigger tit by the day :rofll:

Nothing that you wrote makes a difference.

"I'm the youngest person in the room I am 54 years old" ...... not exactly young is it ... its "relative" to the people in the room.

It might be the youngest team in the league but that doesn't mean the team is young. 24 is not young especially when people have said Pepe at 27 is old !

Another point to make for every fuckwit making a big deal out of this youngest age thing. We look likely to finish 5th, all of our kids are worth big money, they are not fresh out of the academy. 5th is not a "thing", it gives us f**k all. By the time this team matures and are ready to win the big prizes at least 3 years will have passed. That average age moves from being 24 to 27. Lets look at the average ages of teams that actually win shit:

2021 League winners - 26.1
2021 FA Cup - 26.4

2022 League winners - 27 or 27.7
2022 FA Cup winners - 27.7

Point being we won't win anything until the team matures so rubbing one out just because we have the youngest average team right now - capable of winning nothing at all - is an exercise in stupidity.

Youngest team in the league but it doesn't matter apparently :doh:

Anti Arteta trolls, ladies and gentleman :dontknow:

Yeah so what your saying is we set ourselves up for failure?

Okay then.

These lot are in an absolute meltdown, they gambled, they lost, now the state of Jay, Reiss and Santi is an absolute embarrassing mess.

Rather than take it like a man and admit they were wrong, they run around picking fights across the forum trying to get some dignity back but it doesn't work that way ladies.

You see I know Phil supports Arteta and I respect that, at least he is above acting like a clown when Arteta failed top 4, its fine, it happens, we're all hurting from it ......... but the state of the other 3, yuck.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 19, 2022 7:55 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

SAF had no rivals with more money, paying higher wages, and with more chance of winning trophies to contend with - different game now. How many 'kids' in the City and Liverpool starting elevens?

Yup, exactly the point I made. What Fergie did won't happen in modern football again for a long time so that being the exception to the rule, Hansen was right.

In any case, they had bare leaders on the pitch, Schmeichel, Bruce, Pallister, Ince, Robson, Cantona, Hughes
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 19, 2022 7:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:Youngest team in the league and people are asking if our team is young :rofll:

Its relative, for someone as smart as you claim to be you don't half chat some bullah !

"I'm the youngest person in the room I am 54 years old" ...... not exactly young is it ... its "relative" to the people in the room.

It might be the youngest team in the league but that doesn't mean the team is young. 24 is not young especially when people have said Pepe at 27 is old !

Another point to make for every fuckwit making a big deal out of this youngest age thing. We look likely to finish 5th, all of our kids are worth big money, they are not fresh out of the academy. 5th is not a "thing", it gives us f**k all. By the time this team matures and are ready to win the big prizes at least 3 years will have passed. That average age moves from being 24 to 27. Lets look at the average ages of teams that actually win shit:

2021 FA Cup - 26.4

Point being we won't win anything until the team matures so rubbing one out just because we have the youngest average team right now - capable of winning nothing at all - is an exercise in stupidity.

Okay then.

These lot are in an absolute meltdown, they gambled, they lost, now the state of Jay, Reiss and Santi is an absolute embarrassing mess.

Rather than take it like a man and admit they were wrong, they run around picking fights across the forum trying to get some dignity back but it doesn't work that way ladies.

You see I know Phil supports Arteta and I respect that, at least he is above acting like a clown when Arteta failed top 4, its fine, it happens, we're all hurting from it ......... but the state of the other 3, yuck.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 21, 2022 8:14 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat May 21, 2022 8:18 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Reiss wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

2021 FA Cup - 26.4

Okay then.

^coping strategy. :biggrin:
I see you are still feeling self conscious.
Coping strategies like you are exhibiting often lead to accusing others of what you are feeling embarrassed about yourself.

That’s over 30 times you’ve mentioned me now in 5 days :sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby #ST » Sat May 21, 2022 9:42 am

Mikel Arteta

This guy is so mediocre it hurts me to write any of the following things down, but I need to put it out there.
I want to share with my fellow Gooners just how bad its going with our club.

I absolutely LOVE Arsenal FC, even if they are not giving me any reasons to love 'm these days.

We had Wenger for too long, lets start with that. I absolutely adore Arsene Wenger, he is my wifi password today still, and I will NEVER disrespect him in any way. He shouldve been replaced when we had better options available, not because they are so much better than Arsene Wenger, but because you cannot keep the same coach indefinitely and when you have good options, you take 'm.

We didnt. We kept hanging on to Wenger. And we did something that I am ashamed as an Arsenal fan, we fired our legendary manager.
Dont be fooled into thinking anything else; Wenger had another year left on his contract, and he was told to announce he's leaving. Wenger never breaks contract. He was fired.

Years after, we are struggling to finish in the top 4. Something Wenger 'always' did. And we, the fans, said thats not enough. We pay the MOST money out of all the clubs in the Premier League, for top money we expect to be playing for the top spots. And top 4 wasnt enough. We wanted to compete for gold. Which is a fair thing to demand looking at the shameless amount of money they ask of us to watch the Gunners play.

We replaced him with Emery. And lets face it, it just wasnt a good fit. Maybe it was the language barrier, maybe it was because he wasnt allowed to get the players he wanted, but the beautiful football we played during the Wenger days were gone.
He got a semi final, where we faced an Athletico Madrid side we really shouldnt have lost to over 2 games, and we lost a final against Chelsea.

He was very close to European silverware, something we lack tremendously. And he was fired.

I thought to myself; holy shit, the board are finally ruthless! I thought it was too harsh since the guy was performing really well in Europe and I felt that he would surely end the European prize drought ( which is even worse than our League wins drought ) but I was like ; OKAY, this is nice. We are finally acting like a big club.

Who did we get? We got Mikel Arteta. A mediocre player that was at Everton for 95% of his career. Comes to Arsenal for his final few years, and now, suddenly, with ZERO experience, gets the hot seat for the Arsenal? I was NOT amused.

He then proceeds to win the FA Cup. And he does it wonderfully, beating 2 major teams on his way to glory.

Obviously, after this, I back him for the following season. He. Didnt. Qualify. For. Europe.

Guys, this is absolutely dreadful. We, the Arsenal, playing no European football? This is mid-table stuff. We were NOT content with simply finishing top 4, now we werent even CLOSE to top 4? Whats happening?

He gets another crack at Arsenal. He bullies major defensive signing Saliba out of the club, tells Guendouzi to f**k off to France as if we got all the depth in the world ( side note: WE DO NOT ) gets all these major signings. And then what? Without Europe, we are eliminated by Liverpool in the League Cup. Alright, big club, you can lose that. But getting kicked out of the FA Cup against Nottingham? Thats not okay at all.

But okay, now we are out of both cups, and with no European football, surely, we are going to get that top 4 finish.

Listen to me, I HAD NO EXPECTATIONS. Not because Arsenal is so poor, but because MIKEL ARTETA is. This guy is a f***ing joke.

I am fuming when I think of how we didnt turn up VS C. Palace. Then proceed NOT to show up VS Brighton. Southampton was harsh, we were good in that game, shouldnt have lost that, but that happens in football.

There comes the big game, do or die, the NLD.

What the f**k happened? This was f***ing disgraceful. But okay, time to get the heads in the right direction, we had the cushion of losing to Spuds. Just show up VS Newcastle.

WE DIDNT.

Tavares. This guy is SO ridicilously bad. He looks like a f***ing amateur. WE LOANED OUT SALIBA. WE SHIPPED KOLASINAC. Only to be left with NUNO f***ing TAVARES. This is on Mikel Arteta. You dont BULLY your talented defender and keep a f***ing amateur. You dont ship out Kolasinac, who is not a world beater, but compared to Tavares is a f***ing Roberto Carlos class of defender.

He f***ing played Tavares after seeing TIME AND TIME AGAIN this guy cannot handle the pressure. We f***ing melted. Our season has been ruined. And why? Because MEDICORE f***ing ARTETA thinks he is a f***ing genius with his f***ing ridicilous way of removing player without replacing them with someone decent.

Guendouzi is SO much better than Lokonga. Every time he was forced to play Lokonga, that couldve and SHOULVE been Guendouzi.
Saliba is a f***ing class A talented defender. We paid GOOD MONEY to see him loaned out 3 f***ing seasons.
Aubameyang was in terrible terrible terrrrrible f***ing form, but you DONT REMOVE YOUR TOP SCORER JUST TO REPLACE HIM WITH AIR.
This is BEYOND ridicilous.

Arteta is a JOKE.

Arsenal is a JOKE for hiring him. An even BIGGER joke for giving him a f***ing budget. And a DISGRACE for not firing him.

f**k Mikel Arteta. f**k the board for not removing this mediocre piece of shit out of our club.

We are being run by imbeciles. Arteta is the worst cancer our team has ever had. This guy will NEVER resign. He'd be crazy to do so. Mark my words, Mikel Arteta WILL NEVER manage a big club in his life again.

Mikel Arteta and the board who backs him should get the f**k out our beautiful football club.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Sat May 21, 2022 10:45 am

#ST wrote:Mikel Arteta

This guy is so mediocre it hurts me to write any of the following things down, but I need to put it out there.

I absolutely LOVE Arsenal FC, even if they are not giving me any reasons to love 'm these days.

We had Wenger for too long, lets start with that. I absolutely adore Arsene Wenger, he is my wifi password today still, and I will NEVER disrespect him in any way. He shouldve been replaced when we had better options available, not because they are so much better than Arsene Wenger, but because you cannot keep the same coach indefinitely and when you have good options, you take 'm.

We didnt. We kept hanging on to Wenger. And we did something that I am ashamed as an Arsenal fan, we fired our legendary manager.
Dont be fooled into thinking anything else; Wenger had another year left on his contract, and he was told to announce he's leaving. Wenger never breaks contract. He was fired.

Years after, we are struggling to finish in the top 4. Something Wenger 'always' did. And we, the fans, said thats not enough. We pay the MOST money out of all the clubs in the Premier League, for top money we expect to be playing for the top spots. And top 4 wasnt enough. We wanted to compete for gold. Which is a fair thing to demand looking at the shameless amount of money they ask of us to watch the Gunners play.

We replaced him with Emery. And lets face it, it just wasnt a good fit. Maybe it was the language barrier, maybe it was because he wasnt allowed to get the players he wanted, but the beautiful football we played during the Wenger days were gone.
He got a semi final, where we faced an Athletico Madrid side we really shouldnt have lost to over 2 games, and we lost a final against Chelsea.

He was very close to European silverware, something we lack tremendously. And he was fired.

I thought to myself; holy shit, the board are finally ruthless! I thought it was too harsh since the guy was performing really well in Europe and I felt that he would surely end the European prize drought ( which is even worse than our League wins drought ) but I was like ; OKAY, this is nice. We are finally acting like a big club.

Who did we get? We got Mikel Arteta. A mediocre player that was at Everton for 95% of his career. Comes to Arsenal for his final few years, and now, suddenly, with ZERO experience, gets the hot seat for the Arsenal? I was NOT amused.

He then proceeds to win the FA Cup. And he does it wonderfully, beating 2 major teams on his way to glory.

Obviously, after this, I back him for the following season. He. Didnt. Qualify. For. Europe.

Guys, this is absolutely dreadful. We, the Arsenal, playing no European football? This is mid-table stuff. We were NOT content with simply finishing top 4, now we werent even CLOSE to top 4? Whats happening?

He gets another crack at Arsenal. He bullies major defensive signing Saliba out of the club, tells Guendouzi to f**k off to France as if we got all the depth in the world ( side note: WE DO NOT ) gets all these major signings. And then what? Without Europe, we are eliminated by Liverpool in the League Cup. Alright, big club, you can lose that. But getting kicked out of the FA Cup against Nottingham? Thats not okay at all.

But okay, now we are out of both cups, and with no European football, surely, we are going to get that top 4 finish.

Listen to me, I HAD NO EXPECTATIONS. Not because Arsenal is so poor, but because MIKEL ARTETA is. This guy is a f***ing joke.

I am fuming when I think of how we didnt turn up VS C. Palace. Then proceed NOT to show up VS Brighton. Southampton was harsh, we were good in that game, shouldnt have lost that, but that happens in football.

What the f**k happened? This was f***ing disgraceful. But okay, time to get the heads in the right direction, we had the cushion of losing to Spuds. Just show up VS Newcastle.

WE DIDNT.

Tavares. This guy is SO ridicilously bad. He looks like a f***ing amateur. WE LOANED OUT SALIBA. WE SHIPPED KOLASINAC. Only to be left with NUNO f***ing TAVARES. This is on Mikel Arteta. You dont BULLY your talented defender and keep a f***ing amateur. You dont ship out Kolasinac, who is not a world beater, but compared to Tavares is a f***ing Roberto Carlos class of defender.

He f***ing played Tavares after seeing TIME AND TIME AGAIN this guy cannot handle the pressure. We f***ing melted. Our season has been ruined. And why? Because MEDICORE f***ing ARTETA thinks he is a f***ing genius with his f***ing ridicilous way of removing player without replacing them with someone decent.

Guendouzi is SO much better than Lokonga. Every time he was forced to play Lokonga, that couldve and SHOULVE been Guendouzi.
Saliba is a f***ing class A talented defender. We paid GOOD MONEY to see him loaned out 3 f***ing seasons.
Aubameyang was in terrible terrible terrrrrible f***ing form, but you DONT REMOVE YOUR TOP SCORER JUST TO REPLACE HIM WITH AIR.

Arteta is a JOKE.

Arsenal is a JOKE for hiring him. An even BIGGER joke for giving him a f***ing budget. And a DISGRACE for not firing him.

f**k Mikel Arteta. f**k the board for not removing this mediocre piece of shit out of our club.

We are being run by imbeciles. Arteta is the worst cancer our team has ever had. This guy will NEVER resign. He'd be crazy to do so. Mark my words, Mikel Arteta WILL NEVER manage a big club in his life again.

Mikel Arteta and the board who backs him should get the f**k out our beautiful football club.

:clap: :clap:
Nuggets

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 21, 2022 10:59 am

@#ST, I more or less agree with everything you wrote, where our lanes unmerge is - I don't think Arteta is shit, I think he is mediocre.

Other than that I concur with everything you wrote.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat May 21, 2022 11:19 am

Lost to Atletico in the semi under Wenger.

Agree with everything though
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 21, 2022 12:26 pm

It is difficult to argue with anything in ST's post
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat May 21, 2022 12:51 pm

#ST wrote:Mikel Arteta

WE DIDNT.

Arteta is a JOKE.

That's from the heart.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk