Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm

Reiss wrote:There's literally no point debating this whilst we're challenging for top 4. The chances of the board getting rid of him now or in the foreseeable future is 0%.

They've just backed the manager, spent £130m in the transfer window and we're finally challenging for top 4 after years of no CL football. If you think they're going to get rid of him at this stage, you are barking mad.

And why should they. We look to be lacking fire power up front but we are winning games. It doesn't matter how we win them, if we look to be limping over the line or whatever. We are wining games and battling for a CL spot
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:29 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
Reiss wrote:There's literally no point debating this whilst we're challenging for top 4. The chances of the board getting rid of him now or in the foreseeable future is 0%.

They've just backed the manager, spent £130m in the transfer window and we're finally challenging for top 4 after years of no CL football. If you think they're going to get rid of him at this stage, you are barking mad.

And why should they. We look to be lacking fire power up front but we are winning games. It doesn't matter how we win them, if we look to be limping over the line or whatever. We are wining games and battling for a CL spot

With the prospect of more attacking players coming in + the exciting prospect of Martinelli regaining his stride.
Got a lot of confidence in the recruitment strategy after seeing what we did in the summer.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Pretty much .
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:33 pm

Of course they’re not. But it shouldn’t stop a brother from dreaming.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Hypergooner » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:42 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:

With the prospect of more attacking players coming in + the exciting prospect of Martinelli regaining his stride.
Got a lot of confidence in the recruitment strategy after seeing what we did in the summer.

I watched Moneyball for the first time last night. I think we are using a lot of this strategy in recruitment now (like Brentford). Round pegs in round holes. Makes sense
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:59 am

Angelito wrote:Lel.

Why do you guys hate Wenger so much? It's like he stole your lunch or something.

Wenger, in any sort of advisory capacity, would be good for Arteta and Edu. Even if someone's the brightest in the room, there is no substitute for experience.

I've observed that some Arsenal fans don't want anything to do with Wenger here. You have to realize that Wenger is a part of Arsenal much more than any of us.

Sad, unacceptable, travesty, terrorism, coronavirus... But the truth.

This current "progressive" generation of Arsenal simply need to honor him. Build that statue. Bring him back to the Emirates. Show some respect.

He's our most influential figure since Chapman. He's our most successful manager. This trend of Arsenal and every Arsenal great having an asterisk beside his name since the move to the Emirates—needs to end. It's embarrassing and only belittles us as a club. We already have the media and ignorant fans of other clubs shitting on our best accolades or undermining our great players. We don't need Gooners with, "pashun and solidarity," doing the same.

If we can't honor our history, our greats, nobody will. Time we honored Arsene for his historic contribution to Arsenal and English football.

It's also time we enshrined the Invincibles in some way. I'm sick and tired or how the likes of Ljungberg, Gilberto, Campbell (despite being a brave Englishman) are ignored.

I don't want a City-esque situation at Arsenal where their owners and contemporary fans pretend like City never existed before 2008.

I have nothing but love for wenger for what he achieved at the club when he was good
I take great issue with the fact that a paid employee is more of a part of Arsenal than you or I and all the people who have spent there hard earned and invested in the love of this club
His time for working in an advisory capacity has long since past.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:59 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:

If he's going to continue with 4-2-3-1 he needs to buy a proper CF target man, its that simple.

Personally I think he should go another route and change the system to suit who we have, if he did we'd have plenty of firepower.

With the players we have now I'd play this 4-3-3 or a 4-4-1-1

ESR would imo start over Odegaard and Saka can also started instead of Martinelli, but this team has goals in it for sure, Auba coming in off the LWF side like Mane does.

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:

If he's going to continue with 4-2-3-1 he needs to buy a proper CF target man, its that simple.

Personally I think he should go another route and change the system to suit who we have, if he did we'd have plenty of firepower.

With the players we have now I'd play this 4-3-3 or a 4-4-1-1

ESR would imo start over Odegaard and Saka can also started instead of Martinelli, but this team has goals in it for sure, Auba coming in off the LWF side like Mane does.

Wouldn't drop ESR and/or Saka.
If we were playing that formation, I'd have ESR in place of Odegaard and Saka in place of Auba - but I would swap Saka and Martinelli to the others side(s). Saka right and Martinelli left.

I do agree we need a proper CF - regardless of system.
Even if Auba regains form from 2 seasons ago he's too old and not part of our future.
Neither is Laca.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 pm

I'd start ESR as well I'm just showing how I think that formation would help Odegaard or ESR look up and have 3 attacking options instead of one which will help with our distribution up front.

I'd keep Auba though as LWF is his best position, but the point is we have the players for that set up, it'd be a good bench option and starting 11.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:33 pm

I think it would also help if stretched play a bit more and put left footer on the left and a right footer on the right to swing in crosses or cut the ball back earlier. There just isn't much space to cut through the middle of opponents with this slow build up style.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Last season we dropped a total of 7 points against teams that finished in the bottom four.

Those 7 points would have gotten us top four.

It's utter nonsense to belittle these wins.

No ones belittling the win.

The concern is if we don't get our performances back to the level pre-Liverpool it won't be enough to beat tougher competition.

Our next games are Everton and Utd.

This is all depending on what starting 11 / system Arteta fields in those games.

Its up to him now.

Im belittling the win, we looked mostly shit and beat a club bottom of the table. Whoop de fuckin do!

Our attack looks stunted, we had ESR, Saka and Odegaard on the pitch and didn't create anywere near enough good chances for ANYONE to be satisfied with the performance.

Arteta is still all defence and not a bloody clue in attack
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:Last season we dropped a total of 7 points against teams that finished in the bottom four.

No its not, because it tells us where we are. If we can beat up teams in the relegation spots and struggle to beat teams above them, that's cause for concern. Our attack is brittle, we can't hope/expect to play relegation strugglers every week.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:09 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No ones belittling the win.

The concern is if we don't get our performances back to the level pre-Liverpool it won't be enough to beat tougher competition.

Our next games are Everton and Utd.

This is all depending on what starting 11 / system Arteta fields in those games.

Its up to him now.

Im belittling the win, we looked mostly shit and beat a club bottom of the table. Whoop de fuckin do!

Our attack looks stunted, we had ESR, Saka and Odegaard on the pitch and didn't create anywere near enough good chances for ANYONE to be satisfied with the performance.

Arteta is still all defence and not a bloody clue in attack

Our attack has been good for some time.
Since the first 3 games we have the 4th most creative team in the league - not far behind Man City and Chelsea actually.
Even with the first 3 games included we are the 7th best in the league for creating chances.

Yesterday we created a load of chances - good ones.
Only Liverpool created more than us in yesterdays games, and not by a lot, by a little. In fact we created more big chances than they did against Southampton.

Not sure what your are talking about.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:14 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:How people want him sacked right now is beyond me

because we managed 3 points against a team in dead last?

Yeah, these people and their Arteta coloured glasses! We beat the club bottom of the league, whoop de f***ing do!

Good win and played well in the second half.
3pts and we move onwards and upwards.
Our manager has us challenging for the top 4.
At this stage this entire thread is a joke.

Its not until after Everton and Utd.

That 1st half was a pure regression to how we were playing before he switched to 4-4-2 and that four game win streak.

The next two games he needs to sort out how he wants this team to play, we got away with it against the bottom of the league team, against tougher competition we won't.

Glad with the win but it was mandatory, my concern is that general play won't beat better teams, the attack was weak apart from two moments of brilliance.

Don’t understand this nonsense downplaying who we beat every time we win a PL game. We are in the fight for top 4. Has anyone below had a much harder schedule than us?

Its not even the opponent.

Its the performance and how the team is set up, I want to see good purposeful play like all the good teams do.

Today in the 1st half we looked clueless because we couldn't find our one ST, the reason the level of opposition is important in that context is because against tougher teams we'd likely get punished.

The way he tried to make us play today we don't have the CF for hence why Auba was annonymous all game.

Well look, yes, first half was not good enough, but the second half was much better. In fact the second half was actually very good, all round, including creatively.
Even in the first half, we DID create an absolutely brilliant chance for Auba but he bloody missed it from a yard out.
In truth we did enough to win by 3 goals today and you can't really ask for much more against any opposition in the PL.

We can ask for much more!!! We played a team bottom of the table who have conceded the joint most goals in the league - 27 - when we played them. It should've been target practice, it should've been a game we make gains on our awful goal diff, it should've been like shooting fish in a barrell!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:How people want him sacked right now is beyond me

because we managed 3 points against a team in dead last?

Yeah, these people and their Arteta coloured glasses! We beat the club bottom of the league, whoop de f***ing do!

Good win and played well in the second half.
3pts and we move onwards and upwards.
Our manager has us challenging for the top 4.
At this stage this entire thread is a joke.

Its not until after Everton and Utd.

That 1st half was a pure regression to how we were playing before he switched to 4-4-2 and that four game win streak.

The next two games he needs to sort out how he wants this team to play, we got away with it against the bottom of the league team, against tougher competition we won't.

Glad with the win but it was mandatory, my concern is that general play won't beat better teams, the attack was weak apart from two moments of brilliance.

Don’t understand this nonsense downplaying who we beat every time we win a PL game. We are in the fight for top 4. Has anyone below had a much harder schedule than us?

Its not even the opponent.

Its the performance and how the team is set up, I want to see good purposeful play like all the good teams do.

Today in the 1st half we looked clueless because we couldn't find our one ST, the reason the level of opposition is important in that context is because against tougher teams we'd likely get punished.

The way he tried to make us play today we don't have the CF for hence why Auba was annonymous all game.

Well look, yes, first half was not good enough, but the second half was much better. In fact the second half was actually very good, all round, including creatively.
Even in the first half, we DID create an absolutely brilliant chance for Auba but he bloody missed it from a yard out.
In truth we did enough to win by 3 goals today and you can't really ask for much more against any opposition in the PL.

We can ask for much more!!! We played a team bottom of the table who have conceded the joint most goals in the league - 27 - when we played them. It should've been target practice, it should've been a game we make gains on our awful goal diff, it should've been like shooting fish in a barrell!

'Target practice'???
Get over yourself.
You are talking like you just landed in a space ship and had never followed the PL before.

In the 12 games prior to yesterday Newcastle have only conceded more chances than they did yesterday in two of those games.

Teams that created less than we did:
Chelsea
Spurs
Aston Villa
Manchester Utd
Leeds
Watford
Wolves
Crystal Palace
Brighton
Bentford
jayramfootball