Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 pm

The problem is our build up play. Seems like he wants White starting attacks. But white is too deep and he has to bring the ball forward before he can start an attack which gives the opposition time to regroup. He also plays very few through balls or penetrating passes. We need a midfielder who can start attacks instead.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ag6789 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:32 pm

That's Partey's job to bring the ball out of our defense and ha hasn't been doing it well. We need better midfielders and we have been clamouring for them for a while. Let us see what January brings.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:56 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
BexleyGooner wrote:How people want him sacked right now is beyond me

because we managed 3 points against a team in dead last?

Yeah, these people and their Arteta coloured glasses! We beat the club bottom of the league, whoop de f***ing do!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:02 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:Last 2 years will have something to do with it

We’ll those people are idiots.

2 years is nothing considering the state we was in. The teams taking shape now. At least give him until the end of this season.

Problem is, people will want him out even if we qualify for the champions league.

2 years is nothing?? He has far more resources than shit Wenger had, and shit Wenger didn't finish 8th and out of Europe! He has more leeway than Emery who also didn't finish 8th and out of Europe with LESS resources!

The only significant victory on our record so far this season was the NLD because that was a 50/50, every other team we have beaten are teams that 8 out of 10 we would be expected to beat every time.

We don't share your view that beating cannon fodder teams is a representation of where we are, getting our arses handed to us by Liverpool is a representation of where we really are - which is still nowhere! Smashed by 5 vs Man City, smashed by however many by Liverpool, nothing has changed, nothing has improved
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Yeah, these people and their Arteta coloured glasses! We beat the club bottom of the league, whoop de f***ing do!

Good win and played well in the second half.
3pts and we move onwards and upwards.
Our manager has us challenging for the top 4.
At this stage this entire thread is a joke.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Its not until after Everton and Utd.

That 1st half was a pure regression to how we were playing before he switched to 4-4-2 and that four game win streak.

The next two games he needs to sort out how he wants this team to play, we got away with it against the bottom of the league team, against tougher competition we won't.

Glad with the win but it was mandatory, my concern is that general play won't beat better teams, the attack was weak apart from two moments of brilliance.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

That 1st half was a pure regression to how we were playing before he switched to 4-4-2 and that four game win streak.

The next two games he needs to sort out how he wants this team to play, we got away with it against the bottom of the league team, against tougher competition we won't.

Glad with the win but it was mandatory, my concern is that general play won't beat better teams, the attack was weak apart from two moments of brilliance.

Don’t understand this nonsense downplaying who we beat every time we win a PL game. We are in the fight for top 4. Has anyone below had a much harder schedule than us?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:26 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Don’t understand this nonsense downplaying who we beat every time we win a PL game. We are in the fight for top 4. Has anyone below had a much harder schedule than us?

Its not even the opponent.

Its the performance and how the team is set up, I want to see good purposeful play like all the good teams do.

Today in the 1st half we looked clueless because we couldn't find our one ST, the reason the level of opposition is important in that context is because against tougher teams we'd likely get punished.

The way he tried to make us play today we don't have the CF for hence why Auba was annonymous all game.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:29 pm

I'll take a top 4 challenge regardless of performances for now tbh. Sounds like today wasn't that bad anyway but the Liverpool game was atrocious (assume everyone agreed) so let's take the wins as they come and hang around that top 4.

I do want better performances in future but feel we need to get better players in midfield for that. Partey really f***ing me off, he's shit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:32 pm

The position we're in is fantastic.

I just want us to get back to good form so we can cement this place.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:34 pm

Last season we dropped a total of 7 points against teams that finished in the bottom four.

Those 7 points would have gotten us top four.

It's utter nonsense to belittle these wins.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Phil71 wrote:Last season we dropped a total of 7 points against teams that finished in the bottom four.

No ones belittling the win.

The concern is if we don't get our performances back to the level pre-Liverpool it won't be enough to beat tougher competition.

Our next games are Everton and Utd.

This is all depending on what starting 11 / system Arteta fields in those games.

Its up to him now.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Last season we dropped a total of 7 points against teams that finished in the bottom four.

No ones belittling the win.

The concern is if we don't get our performances back to the level pre-Liverpool it won't be enough to beat tougher competition.

Our next games are Everton and Utd.

This is all depending on what starting 11 / system Arteta fields in those games.

Its up to him now.

theHotHead wrote:

Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goonerz » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:27 pm

ag6789 wrote:That's Partey's job to bring the ball out of our defense and ha hasn't been doing it well. We need better midfielders and we have been clamouring for them for a while. Let us see what January brings.

Partey is an overrated player.
Not that better than Lokonga or AMN in my opinion.
I miss the style of our old players like Diaby, Cesc, Rosicky, Wilshere etc in that midfield.
They could break from midfield by running with the ball or flashy passes.
Imagine a fit on form Diaby, Wilshere, Rosicky or Cesc in our midfield today.
Lokonga has something but does not seem to be confident enough.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Its not even the opponent.

Its the performance and how the team is set up, I want to see good purposeful play like all the good teams do.

Today in the 1st half we looked clueless because we couldn't find our one ST, the reason the level of opposition is important in that context is because against tougher teams we'd likely get punished.

The way he tried to make us play today we don't have the CF for hence why Auba was annonymous all game.

Well look, yes, first half was not good enough, but the second half was much better. In fact the second half was actually very good, all round, including creatively.
Even in the first half, we DID create an absolutely brilliant chance for Auba but he bloody missed it from a yard out.
In truth we did enough to win by 3 goals today and you can't really ask for much more against any opposition in the PL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk