Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:A system change to a true front 3 would be the smart thing to do.

Saka, Martinelli, Laca, Pepe even ESR can all play as forwards.

None of them can play the isolated CF role so id dump that position.

Copy Liverpools formation

Spent all that time arguing over the false 9 role to come back with this. :dontknow:

...........well do you see a target CF in our roster?

Neither do I, so Arteta needs to adjust, I've never liked 4-2-3-1, its Arteta who wants it so don't know why your pointing the finger at me for?

I was explaining what Arteta wants, not what I want.

Also a 4-3-3 doesn't have to have a false 9, the central striker can be any type of ST that's the beauty of it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:12 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:A system change to a true front 3 would be the smart thing to do.

That's why I think we only really 1 striker in the summer... a CF type if we WANT to play that way in any game.

Apart from that, with just 1 new striker signing, we'd have a forward line of Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Balogun, Pepe + New CF. For 3 places...maybe 4 if we went 2 up top in some games (for whatever reason). IN other words we really only need a Laca replacement and we already have an Nketiah replacement with Balogun.

Yes but Arteta isn't going to change the system though is he.

We don't have a front three, we have two wingers and a lone CF role all isolated from each other.

Liverpools front three operate in the same line.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:16 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

That's why I think we only really 1 striker in the summer... a CF type if we WANT to play that way in any game.

Apart from that, with just 1 new striker signing, we'd have a forward line of Martinelli, Saka, ESR, Balogun, Pepe + New CF. For 3 places...maybe 4 if we went 2 up top in some games (for whatever reason). IN other words we really only need a Laca replacement and we already have an Nketiah replacement with Balogun.

Yes but Arteta isn't going to change the system though is he.

We don't have a front three, we have two wingers and a lone CF role all isolated from each other.

Liverpools front three operate in the same line.

Probably right , but in that case it's the same - New player + Balogun. We don't need 3 to complete for 1 place in a 1 up top system.
And if we do play a 3 across the front line, well we're good with what we have +1. (TBH might even be good with what we have for a 433 system)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Spent all that time arguing over the false 9 role to come back with this. :dontknow:

Neither do I, so Arteta needs to adjust, I've never liked 4-2-3-1, its Arteta who wants it so don't know why your pointing the finger at me for?

Also a 4-3-3 doesn't have to have a false 9, the central striker can be any type of ST that's the beauty of it.

That's what I said in the first place. Utilise what we have currently have available.

Also, for the last time, Liverpool play a false 9 in their 4-3-3 and that is why it works.

We've played a 4-3-3 before and the forwards still look isolated.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:27 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Why compare Arteta to Klopp or Wenger or Mou? They are from a different era of football and had years to build their style and reputation, starting from the obscure depths of lower division football.

Arteta is a modern era manager that walked into a top job with millions to spend. His tactics and man management should be compared to modern counterparts Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney and Xavi.

Gerrard
Xavi
Rooney
Arteta
Lampard

In that order.

Arteta is no longer the leagues worst manager as Lampard has returned. Rooney has done a great job with the world against him at Derby.

Gerrard and Xavi have actually done solid work in lower leagues and worked with lesser players to understand the fundamentals of management and put their philosophy on average players to help them understand how long it takes for it to settle in, along with the everyday grind of management without the finances to buy anyone you want and premium level players.

I wouldn't even go that far. Lampard got Top 4 with the squad he had, mostly young guys like Tammy, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Reeece James, Mason Mount and Christensen. Missed out on an FA Cup because he didn't have a quality striker, which we did.

Maybe he looks worse in retrospect because he was actually sacked.

Arteta's win over him in the FA Cup and the 4-1 at Emirates which effectively sacked Lampard showed me he's a 1 trick pony basic manager, riding 100% on his reputation who has one system which works well but anything outside of it he's clueless.

His interview after the FA Cup final where he said he 'Didn't know what went wrong' summed up his basic skills as a manager. Arteta isn't that bad, he's awful but not that level terrible.

Chelsea may have had a transfer ban but they had a very good team, even now they still don't have a good reliable striker.

Lampard got the Everton job based on his reputation as a player, as a manager he's basic!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:34 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Why compare Arteta to Klopp or Wenger or Mou? They are from a different era of football and had years to build their style and reputation, starting from the obscure depths of lower division football.

Arteta is a modern era manager that walked into a top job with millions to spend. His tactics and man management should be compared to modern counterparts Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney and Xavi.

Gerrard
Xavi
Rooney
Arteta
Lampard

In that order.

Arteta is no longer the leagues worst manager as Lampard has returned. Rooney has done a great job with the world against him at Derby.

Gerrard and Xavi have actually done solid work in lower leagues and worked with lesser players to understand the fundamentals of management and put their philosophy on average players to help them understand how long it takes for it to settle in, along with the everyday grind of management without the finances to buy anyone you want and premium level players.

I wouldn't even go that far. Lampard got Top 4 with the squad he had, mostly young guys like Tammy, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Reeece James, Mason Mount and Christensen. Missed out on an FA Cup because he didn't have a quality striker, which we did.

Maybe he looks worse in retrospect because he was actually sacked.

Arteta's win over him in the FA Cup and the 4-1 at Emirates which effectively sacked Lampard showed me he's a 1 trick pony basic manager, riding 100% on his reputation who has one system which works well but anything outside of it he's clueless.

His interview after the FA Cup final where he said he 'Didn't know what went wrong' summed up his basic skills as a manager. Arteta isn't that bad, he's awful but not that level terrible.

Chelsea may have had a transfer ban but they had a very good team, even now they still don't have a good reliable striker.

Lampard got the Everton job based on his reputation as a player, as a manager he's basic!

Did you put yourself in for the job?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:55 pm

That is just disgusting.

Go on the Arsenal page and view the video of Auba's AFC moments / goals.

Tell me where all these goals and great play are coming from??? LW.

The guy was a top LWF and Arteta the useless c*nt, ruined his AFC career by playing him at CF.

20+ goals Auba used to score playing LW for us.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/pierre-eme ... es-arsenal
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:04 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:That is just disgusting.

The guy was a top LWF and Arteta the useless c*nt, ruined his AFC career by playing him at CF.

Spot on
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

That's what I said in the first place. Utilise what we have currently have available.

Also, for the last time, Liverpool play a false 9 in their 4-3-3 and that is why it works.

We've played a 4-3-3 before and the forwards still look isolated.

.............. and that's what I said in the first place, that's not what "Arteta" is going for.

You keep talking to me like this is my bloody idea, do I sound like I approve of Arteta's system??

But when the guy is playing a 4-2-3-1 (something I opposed from day one) and promoting crosses in his interviews, then goes looking for CF's like Vlahovic, I know exactly what he's trying to do.

You don't need to convince me, I'm just telling you what Arteta is up to and the road he's trying to go down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:43 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:

Spot on

Except half the forum used to beg for Auba to be CF, so which is it? :biggrin:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:15 am

Santi wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Spot on

Whichever Arteta wasn't doing.

He played a bunch of games from the left and he was equally useless and ineffective. The guy was past it (mentally and/or physically) and if Arteta kept playing him on the left instead of centrally things would have unraveled in the exact same way.

The only difference would be DG's post which would now be blaming Arteta for ruining Aubameyang by not playing him centrally.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:23 am

Santi wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Spot on

Except half the forum used to beg for Auba to be CF, so which is it? [emoji3]
Not me mate, search my posts!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:26 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:

Spot on
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:30 am

Jedi wrote:
Santi wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Spot on

He played a bunch of games from the left and he was equally useless and ineffective. The guy was past it (mentally and/or physically) and if Arteta kept playing him on the left instead of centrally things would have unraveled in the exact same way.

The only difference would be DG's post which would now be blaming Arteta for ruining Aubameyang by not playing him centrally.

Playing Auba on the left but having a system that was shite doesn't help the player. The system changed to 1 up top and a fluidity moving the ball. Versus the 3 up top and whipping in shit crosses to nobody.

Our football when Auba played wide left was awful and you would have to be an idiot if you think he can play as a sole CF up the middle. He is better suited to playing in a 2 up the middle cos he cant hold the ball up and his link up play is poor.

As usual this thing boils down to getting the best out of the players you have and one trick pony Arteta FAILED AGAIN!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:54 am

theHotHead wrote:
Jedi wrote:
Santi wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

Spot on

Playing Auba on the left but having a system that was shite doesn't help the player. The system changed to 1 up top and a fluidity moving the ball. Versus the 3 up top and whipping in shit crosses to nobody.

Our football when Auba played wide left was awful and you would have to be an idiot if you think he can play as a sole CF up the middle. He is better suited to playing in a 2 up the middle cos he cant hold the ball up and his link up play is poor.

As usual this thing boils down to getting the best out of the players you have and one trick pony Arteta FAILED AGAIN!

Sounds like a perfect fit for Xaviball in that case :lol:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk