Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:01 am

Goonerred wrote:
LMAO wrote:Arteta needs a psych eval for playing Partey. Wtaf?!

This is why I don't give a rat's about the LC. Now we're without Partey and Xhaka for Burnley because of a tinpot cup that could cost us a CL spot. Really not looking forward to seeing a lightweight midfield. Maybe Chambers or White can step up and play DM for this one.

Shame on Arteta and Edu for not bringing in a CM reinforcement knowing we didn't have depth (especially after sending AMN on loan).

Oh come on, I'm not an Arteta fan but Partey is a professional, he should know how to handle himself. He already had a yellow he should have played accordingly. He also should have told the manager if he wasn't up to it I don't blame Arteta for putting him on especially the way we were playing. Taking Laca off was probably a bigger mistake at least he had the strength to hold them up a bit.

But why be in that position in the first place ??? The man played in the AFCON on the 18th and got dumped out of the competition, he then has to fly back to London and is asked to play on the 20th !!! WTF. Terrible management.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:02 am

Goonerred wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Arteta is pound for pound still the worst skilled manager in the league. I put this latest loss again all his fault! The players looked lost, yeah some were tired and Saka, Tomi were crap however this seemed down to having no instructions what to actually do when on the ball.

Vieira in the 2-2 draw earlier this season has exposed just how poor Arteta is in drilling our attack on the ball. How can he easily outplay us away from home playing great possession based football with inferior players? Arteta despite being number 2 to the tiki-taka golden child in Pep has no f***ing clue whatsoever how to drill a team into possession football. Vieira has Palace playing great football after a few months, yet we still state, ridged nonsense after 2 years?

Coming back from injuries and Covid apart, how the hell were the players tired they hadn't played for a week?

Exactly, its nonsense.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:31 am

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Lol.
Drama queens and self proclaimed tactical geniuses out in force after a loss.

This thread, good grief.

Jay, at some point you will have to accept criticism of Arteta ... at some point buddy .......

You do know whats happened don't you, you have become an Arteta cult follower, just like we had the Wenger disciples who could see no wrong/fault in Wenger and would argue against any and every criticism made. Let it go buddy .....

At some point you will have to realise that we are in a battle for top 4 and exceeding expectations at the start of the year.
Not going into meltdown after every loss, bud.
I set my level of acceptance and support for Arteta at the start of the season. Top 6 minimum. Top 4 superb.
What I see is pretty common reaction to a loss. Always OTT, combined with a few who seem to revel in losses and only turn up when we lose.
It is what it is.

Arteta’s isn’t going anywhere.
If some people what to use the forum as some cathartic exercise to release their emotions after a game, that is up to them. But I can still call it out for what it is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

This thread, good grief.

Jay, at some point you will have to accept criticism of Arteta ... at some point buddy .......

You do know whats happened don't you, you have become an Arteta cult follower, just like we had the Wenger disciples who could see no wrong/fault in Wenger and would argue against any and every criticism made. Let it go buddy .....

At some point you will have to realise that we are in a battle for top 4 and exceeding expectations at the start of the year.
I set my level of acceptance and support for Arteta at the start of the season. Top 6 minimum. Top 4 superb.
What I see is pretty common reaction to a loss. Always OTT, combined with a few who seem to revel in losses and only turn up when we lose.
It is what it is.

If some people what to use the forum as some cathartic exercise to release their emotions after a game, that is up to them. But I can still call it out for what it is.

1 - We're not "exceeding expectations" at all, expectation was top 4 in exchange for no European football or Cup trophies, we're currently 6th, 2 pts off our 8th finish, how the hell do you consider that exceeding expectations?

2 - Its not a meltdown after a loss, I was the one tempering everyones sudden excitement after last weeks draw because I knew what was going to happen ........ it was obvious from that game that Arteta had not come up with a successful gameplan to give us an outlet to attack, which is the exact same as what happened yesterday.

The "frustration" as you call it actually for me anyway, comes from AFC not fixing the obvious to get better, don't act the fool, you think we need exactly the same as what I'm referring to, we've all been saying it for weeks if not months.

The fact that its January 21st and we're not seeing any concrete evidence of deals being done is what's pissing me off, not the cup exit, I already said IDGAF about the cup, I want top 4.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:

This thread, good grief.

Criticism of anyone is acceptable as long as the critic is being reasonable. In most cases on here that's not the case. It's just rabid, talk to the hand, anti-Arteta diatribe.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:38 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

This thread, good grief.

Criticism of anyone is acceptable as long as the critic is being reasonable. In most cases on here that's not the case. It's just rabid, talk to the hand, anti-Arteta diatribe.

Yep, which is why there is no conversation.
Just continual reaction to every moment that can be seized to underpin a weird agenda.
Players who make 1 bad pass… worst Eva! Example yesterday… I watched Lakonga… one of our better players. Particularly good in the second half. You’d think he’d just had a nightmare from the comments though. Zero objectivity, just constant BS.
After a loss, worst team eva! Worst manager eva! We’re doomed!
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:41 pm

............as opposed to 3 weeks of good football, you claiming "The Invincibles are back".

You're just as bad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:42 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

This thread, good grief.

It is what it is.

1 - We're not "exceeding expectations" at all, expectation was top 4 in exchange for no European football or Cup trophies, we're currently 6th, 2 pts off our 8th finish, how the hell do you consider that exceeding expectations?

2 - Its not a meltdown after a loss, I was the one tempering everyones sudden excitement after last weeks draw because I knew what was going to happen ........ it was obvious from that game that Arteta had not come up with a successful gameplan to give us an outlet to attack, which is the exact same as what happened yesterday.

The "frustration" as you call it actually for me anyway, comes from AFC not fixing the obvious to get better, don't act the fool, you think we need exactly the same as what I'm referring to, we've all been saying it for weeks if not months.

The fact that its January 21st and we're not seeing any concrete evidence of deals being done is what's pissing me off, not the cup exit, I already said IDGAF about the cup, I want top 4.

Very very few people said we’d get top 4. Many on here expected us to be mid table.

Top 6 is progress.
Top 4 is a major milestone in the clubs recovery.

I do not disagree that we need to sign a CF. It’s imperative and I am pissed of that we haven’t. BUT, I am not going to piss on all our young players that have done very well so far this season just because we lost to on of Europes top clubs.

I fully expect young players to be inconsistent and I know we are not the finished article.
Plenty more players need to come in during this rebuild… and that is what we are in the MIDDLE of. A rebuild.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby billie86 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

This thread, good grief.

It is what it is.

I agree, people go way OTT after every loss, teams do lose games, even the best teams lose and drop points, all in all so far in the league we have done quite well and have been as consistent as most, tbh we have been as consistent as everyone bar the top 2, we can actually go level with Chelsea if we win our games in hand and they were tipped to challenge for the league before it started.
You can always say "if we had done this" ," if we had done that", every set of fans will say the same after a loss, all we know is at present we are in a battle for top 4, we are actually well placed going in to the second half of the season to achieve it as well. No doubt before the end of the season we will drop more points, just like every other team but let's just see where we are come may, top 6 is an absolute minimum requirement given the circumstances but ideally top 4 where we want to be, anything outside top 6 and I think arteta will go.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:46 pm

billie86 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

This thread, good grief.

It is what it is.

I agree, people go way OTT after every loss, teams do lose games, even the best teams lose and drop points, all in all so far in the league we have done quite well and have been as consistent as most, tbh we have been as consistent as everyone bar the top 2, we can actually go level with Chelsea if we win our games in hand and they were tipped to challenge for the league before it started.
You can always say "if we had done this" ," if we had done that", every set of fans will say the same after a loss, all we know is at present we are in a battle for top 4, we are actually well placed going in to the second half of the season to achieve it as well. No doubt before the end of the season we will drop more points, just like every other team but let's just see where we are come may, top 6 is an absolute minimum requirement given the circumstances but ideally top 4 where we want to be, anything outside top 6 and I think arteta will go.

Definitely agree that anything outside top 6 and the manager has to go. Even if that happens though I think the young players he has brought through and signed are the foundation of our future. I think they are a superb group of players who will only get better.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:00 pm

3 defeats in 4. But but one loss

Out of both cups. But but one loss

Out of top 4. But but one loss

Out of Europe. But but one loss.

3 weeks in to the transfer window and much needed players nowhere to be seen.

2 years of shit football and mostly shit results. But but one loss. Barring a 2 week blip recently where we played excellently and got results. I'll include the city game in that even though result was a but but one loss

Crowd booing at full time. That's not just cos of one loss.

Think it's fair to say the one loss crap is exactly that.

It's not looking good for Arteta
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............as opposed to 3 weeks of good football, you claiming "The Invincibles are back".

You're just as bad.

No. I have consistently said we are progressing.
Some of our football in patches this year has been outstanding , however but our next step is to make it more consistent.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:07 pm

Ach wrote:3 defeats in 4. But but one loss

2 years of shit football and mostly shit results. But but one loss. Barring a 2 week blip recently where we played excellently and got results. I'll include the city game in that even though result was a but but one loss

I agree with that article he has to get top 4 I don't see how we are going to do that with the squad we have right now.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:15 pm

Goonerred wrote:
Ach wrote:3 defeats in 4. But but one loss

I agree with that article he has to get top 4 I don't see how we are going to do that with the squad we have right now.

It's top 4 or bust surely. Spent the most money last summer but not on what we needed and what a surprise it's come back to haunt us. Who didn't see that coming?

I'm an optimistic guy and I look for the best in every situation no matter how bad it is. No Europe and cup games means we can fully go all out for top 4. Let's hope it happens
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............as opposed to 3 weeks of good football, you claiming "The Invincibles are back".

You're just as bad.

Worse. Arsenal fans can say we played well when we have. Arteta can do no wrong butt boys can't accept when we're shit. There's always an excuse.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk