Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby NovaGB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 am

elkanofan wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Reiss wrote:
ag6789 wrote:All Arteta haters, Benítez is available just now.
So make your pitch!

I remember when Arsenal fans were seriously suggesting for us to get him.

The man is a dinosaur and only fits in at a certain level of club.

I would have thought this would have been his level. He's had a shocker. Ancelotti wasn't this bad for Everton.

It's an issue with the club. They haven't had a manager finish 2 full seasons since Roberto Martinez years ago. Ancelotti had money to spend and still finished 12th.
Last three seasons have been the same story, started really well then just fell away into midtable underwhelming obscurity.

They spent huge money on douchebags like James and many more overrated players just to go backwards.

Their problem is still their defence is simply not good enough. They have good attacking players and decent, good midfield but nowhere near consistent enough.

Bentiez silver lining is his legacy at Anfield has only been enhanced with the shitshow hes left Everton in.

To be honest they were on the up until Ancelotti and James binned them off after 1 season, it tore the heart out of that team, now they literally have 2 very good attackers with no body to provide for them and Digne (whos now gone) and the rest of the team is relegation level

At the beginning of last season i remember them turning over liverpool and Calvert-Lewin was on fire, they looked dangerous.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:35 pm

As a great man once said,

In the name of God, go.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby elkanofan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:45 pm

Arteta is pound for pound still the worst skilled manager in the league. I put this latest loss again all his fault! The players looked lost, yeah some were tired and Saka, Tomi were crap however this seemed down to having no instructions what to actually do when on the ball.

Vieira in the 2-2 draw earlier this season has exposed just how poor Arteta is in drilling our attack on the ball. How can he easily outplay us away from home playing great possession based football with inferior players? Arteta despite being number 2 to the tiki-taka golden child in Pep has no f***ing clue whatsoever how to drill a team into possession football. Vieira has Palace playing great football after a few months, yet we still state, ridged nonsense after 2 years?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:48 am

Lol.
Drama queens and self proclaimed tactical geniuses out in force after a loss.

This thread, good grief.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:22 am

TedLasso wrote:Two years in and there is no excuse for performances like today or Forest. We had the majority of our starting XI and still lacked creativity and discipline.

The project is trending in the right direction but many of those decisions were obvious. The tactical side has not measured up and that, more than anything else, is the true indication of skill for a manager. If we miss out on top 4 this season, get him out and bring in a manager that can build off this roster.

They are the same tactics that got us to 4th playing fluid and attacking football.
Games are not played on chalk boards.
Sometimes the other team just plays slightly better on the day.
I am not concerned unless we finish outside the top 6.
The squad we are building is very promising and we’re on the up.
That’s what I wanted to see this season.
I suspect that is in line with what the board want to see this season too.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:04 am

jayramfootball wrote:
TedLasso wrote:Two years in and there is no excuse for performances like today or Forest. We had the majority of our starting XI and still lacked creativity and discipline.

The project is trending in the right direction but many of those decisions were obvious. The tactical side has not measured up and that, more than anything else, is the true indication of skill for a manager. If we miss out on top 4 this season, get him out and bring in a manager that can build off this roster.

They are the same tactics that got us to 4th playing fluid and attacking football.
Games are not played on chalk boards.
Sometimes the other team just plays slightly better on the day.
I am not concerned unless we finish outside the top 6.
The squad we are building is very promising and we’re on the up.
That’s what I wanted to see this season.
I suspect that is in line with what the board want to see this season too.

Fourth??? You mean while the teams behind us still had games in hand :rofll:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:04 am

Jota goal made a mockery of TetA’s defense and summer signings.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 am

Arteta needs a psych eval for playing Partey. Wtaf?!

This is why I don't give a rat's about the LC. Now we're without Partey and Xhaka for Burnley because of a tinpot cup that could cost us a CL spot. Really not looking forward to seeing a lightweight midfield. Maybe Chambers or White can step up and play DM for this one.

Shame on Arteta and Edu for not bringing in a CM reinforcement knowing we didn't have depth (especially after sending AMN on loan).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Nuggets » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:42 am

LMAO wrote:Arteta needs a psych eval for playing Partey. Wtaf?!

This is why I don't give a rat's about the LC. Now we're without Partey and Xhaka for Burnley because of a tinpot cup that could cost us a CL spot. Really not looking forward to seeing a lightweight midfield. Maybe Chambers or White can step up and play DM for this one.

Shame on Arteta and Edu for not bringing in a CM reinforcement knowing we didn't have depth (especially after sending AMN on loan).

But but trust the process as the artetasexual keep saying, yup he is doing a stellar job. :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 am

LMAO wrote:Arteta needs a psych eval for playing Partey. Wtaf?!

Oh come on, I'm not an Arteta fan but Partey is a professional, he should know how to handle himself. He already had a yellow he should have played accordingly. He also should have told the manager if he wasn't up to it I don't blame Arteta for putting him on especially the way we were playing. Taking Laca off was probably a bigger mistake at least he had the strength to hold them up a bit.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:30 am

elkanofan wrote:Arteta is pound for pound still the worst skilled manager in the league. I put this latest loss again all his fault! The players looked lost, yeah some were tired and Saka, Tomi were crap however this seemed down to having no instructions what to actually do when on the ball.

Vieira in the 2-2 draw earlier this season has exposed just how poor Arteta is in drilling our attack on the ball. How can he easily outplay us away from home playing great possession based football with inferior players? Arteta despite being number 2 to the tiki-taka golden child in Pep has no f***ing clue whatsoever how to drill a team into possession football. Vieira has Palace playing great football after a few months, yet we still state, ridged nonsense after 2 years?

Coming back from injuries and Covid apart, how the hell were the players tired they hadn't played for a week?
Goonerred

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:40 am

Goonerred wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Arteta is pound for pound still the worst skilled manager in the league. I put this latest loss again all his fault! The players looked lost, yeah some were tired and Saka, Tomi were crap however this seemed down to having no instructions what to actually do when on the ball.

Coming back from injuries and Covid apart, how the hell were the players tired they hadn't played for a week?
Tomi and ESR were rusty since they had not played in a while, no momentum. Neither should have played imo.

Saka look as if he needs a break. Maybe hes carrying a injury or something, was way off the pace.

Partey had just arrived a few hours before the game.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 am

He needs to find a Plan B. We've been trying to play this more progressive style of possession based football for a while now. Every game is the same approach and it's taken us ages to get to this level which still isn't quite there yet.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:58 am

elkanofan wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Tomi and ESR were rusty since they had not played in a while, no momentum. Neither should have played imo.

Saka look as if he needs a break. Maybe hes carrying a injury or something, was way off the pace.

Partey had just arrived a few hours before the game.

I accept those, and if Saka is injured he shouldn't play, but he's just had a break.
Goonerred

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 am

jayramfootball wrote:Lol.
Drama queens and self proclaimed tactical geniuses out in force after a loss.

This thread, good grief.

Jay, at some point you will have to accept criticism of Arteta ... at some point buddy .......

You do know whats happened don't you, you have become an Arteta cult follower, just like we had the Wenger disciples who could see no wrong/fault in Wenger and would argue against any and every criticism made. Let it go buddy .....
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk