Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:55 pm

^ Benitez?
I am sure he would be really well recieved by Arsenal fans after getting tanked by Watford at home like today.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:17 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Santi wrote:Good tally from the last 6 games but let’s not get too excited yet, it’s been a pretty easy run of fixtures and we did drop points we shouldn’t have.

That puts us needing to take some points off at least one of Leicester, Scouse or Utd to accommodate. Spurs was a nice win but we need more of those against the better teams if we can’t maximise points against the lesser teams.

Yup
Let's see where are going into the second half of the season.
Pretty optimistic.
:arsesmile:

You are taking the absolute piss Jay :rofll:

2nd in the 6 game run table :rofll:

I can't take it :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:21 am

jayramfootball wrote:^ Benitez?
I am sure he would be really well recieved by Arsenal fans after getting tanked by Watford at home like today.

Arteta isn't fit to do up Benitez' belt let alone be compared to him! Even after the drubbing Everton are still higher in the table. FACTS. And lets not discuss having your 2 main strikers missing for most of the season (Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison) as well as your main creator (James Rodriguez)
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:54 am

theHotHead wrote:

Arteta isn't fit to do up Benitez' belt let alone be compared to him! Even after the drubbing Everton are still higher in the table. FACTS. And lets not discuss having your 2 main strikers missing for most of the season (Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison) as well as your main creator (James Rodriguez)

You got that spot on, more drivel from the Arteta fanboy J.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:53 am

theHotHead wrote:

Lol, Benitez and facts :lol:
Never forget how he was reduced to a mess. Fact. Lol

https://youtu.be/Wsg0KiLkzHU

Kevin Keegan level meltdown.
He's a comedy act.

His comments yesterday were quite funny too after his team were hammered at home by Watford.

Love the excuses for him, though. Missing some players... But, he's the manager... Her should be able to sort that out... Right? Right??
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:00 am

When Everton slip to 15th and score as few goals as we did last season for half the season, your argument will be right. Until then Benitez pisses all over Arteta as a manager

And a reminder, no Calvert Lewin, Richarlison and Rodriguez for most of the season. Lets see Arsenal without Auba, Laca and ESR and see where we would be in the table!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Love the excuses for him, though. Missing some players... But, he's the manager... Her should be able to sort that out... Right? Right??

Did you not make excuses for our poor start to the season, missing some defenders???

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander! And the point is Everton haven't been shit due to missing key players - another nail in Arteta's coffin
Last edited by theHotHead on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 am

theHotHead wrote:When Everton slip to 15th and score as few goals as we did last season for half the season, your argument will be right. Until then Benitez pisses all over Arteta as a manager

So wait, what?
Slipping to 15th? A few games does matter now???

One thing I will give Benitez... He realises it's not him that is important, saying this week it's the players that make the difference.
At least he got that right.

If Arteta doesn't improve us this season I hope to god it's not the fat Spanish waiter we get as a replacement.

Bet you we'll finish above Everton.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 am

From JustArsenal

. Is Arteta finally getting it right at Arsenal? Here are some key positives

Three league games into this season and it looked very much like Arsenal would fire Mikel Arteta before the new year.

Who wouldn’t feel that way after spending almost 200m euros in the transfer market?

The Spaniard saw his team return to form just in time to save his job and Arsenal has become one of the most in-form teams in the Premier League recently.

After the win against Aston Villa yesterday, we cannot help but notice the many positives around our beloved club.

There are so many of them, but the points below show some sign of good progress being made.

Midfielders are scoring

Arsenal overly relied on attackers to score goals not so long ago and the lack of goals from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang last season affected our form.

Today we can get goals from Thomas Partey and almost certainly Emile Smith Rowe, which makes us unpredictable and improves our chances of winning matches.

Aubameyang is back to his pressing and scoring best

Aubameyang’s body language for much of last season and at the start of this campaign wasn’t so good, but that has changed.

The club captain now looks hungrier than ever and now leads from the front by example with good pressing. Let’s not forget the inevitable goals.

Our defence looks very coordinated and settled

Ben White and Gabriel Magalhaes look like a match made in heaven and it is a credit to Mikel Arteta’s judgement in the transfer window.

Both players are the real deal and could lead us back to the top four if niether gets a long-term injury.

Even the backup players are showing good hunger

Nuno Tavares was in solid form last night and Gabriel Martinelli was eager to impress when he came into the match late.

These fringe players look ready and will be valuable to the team down the line.

With these little developments, I am confident that we are ready to make a great leap up the league table this season
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Get goals from Partey....

He's scored once in over a year with us
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:17 pm

The facts are yesterdays performance was an accident.

The only reason it worked is because of something so basic myself and half the forum have been calling for it for months ........ play two strikers centrally so Auba has support and we double our goal threat as we have no proper CF.

How many times have I been saying "Play Auba LF and Laca / Pepe as RF"?

I've lost count.

So this is why its a concern, Arteta did what half this forum knew MONTHS ago finally and it was all due to a happy accident where he was forced against Crystal Palace to bring on Lacazette to salavage us from losing.

He then see's how much better Laca is than Odegaard etc and is literally forced to start him for yesterdays game.

Now ......... credit to Arteta for actually doing it but it still wasn't an organic managers idea, it was due to circumstance.

Any other day yesterday we'd of played Odegaard in the 10 and that performance doesn't happen.

............. so, what I want now is to see Mikel's reaction, does he now go with two central strikers moving forward or does he revert back to something which couldn't beat CP or Brighton.

That will tell me everything I need to know.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:20 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The facts are yesterdays performance was an accident.

The only reason it worked is because of something so basic myself and half the forum have been calling for it for months ........ play two strikers centrally so Auba has support and we double our goal threat as we have no proper CF.

How many times have I been saying "Play Auba LF and Laca / Pepe as RF"?

I've lost count.

So this is why its a concern, Arteta did what half this forum knew MONTHS ago finally and it was all due to a happy accident where he was forced against Crystal Palace to bring on Lacazette to salavage us from losing.

He then see's how much better Laca is than Odegaard etc and is literally forced to start him for yesterdays game.

Now ......... credit to Arteta for actually doing it but it still wasn't an organic managers idea, it was due to circumstance.

Any other day yesterday we'd of played Odegaard in the 10 and that performance doesn't happen.

............. so, what I want now is to see Mikel's reaction, does he now go with two central strikers moving forward or does he revert back to something which couldn't beat CP or Brighton.

That will tell me everything I need to know.

Like the Spurs 'accident' playing 1 up top?

Give it a rest.
We've taken 14 points from the last 18. These are some accidents happing right now.

Maybe our losses were 'accidents' too.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:21 pm

Worrying the goals came from luck rather than us opening them up. We won't have luck every game

Header on to the shoulder and Emi being shit for the first goal

Penalty rebound for the second

Deflection for the third

We played well. Deserved to win but major problems still remain

Arteta has to go
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Its the style of play and how well it works.

Something you don't have a clue about JayRam.

Spurs was a good game for every player, Spurs were crap and we were very good ......... but it was a one off.

Brentford, City, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Chelsea ........ was our norm and we won none of them.

We also scraped 1-0 against Norwich and Burnley.

Spurs game was the one time we played well until yesterday so stfu.

We've said time and again you can tell if the season will go well due to the performances and playing style, how we were playing before yesterday would of got us 12th, one good game in our last 8 games isn't enough to make top 5 hence why I'm saying I want to see what Arteta does from here on.

You'll learn one day.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Happens to all teams including the current top 4. Luck occurs to the more prepared ones and fortune favours the brave. If you have 14 attempts and are unlucky w/ 6 then lucky in three is hardly a factor. Important thing is the number of attempts on target.
Also, we have some potential match winners in Auba, Laca, Pepe Martinelli and even Nktiah, Balogun and the midfielders ESR , Saka, , Odegaard and others,: so a decent manager will use all his weapons when appropriate because different folks for different strokes.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk