Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:53 pm

theHotHead wrote:DG - the wind affects direct football far more than it does passing football, direct football involves longer passes that are affected by the wind, playing in to the wind the ball goes nowhere, playing with the wind the ball flies out of play a lot.

Playing passing football the ball is lower to the ground or along the ground, the wind has far less affect on the ball. So if anything its Brighton that should've been affected the worst but they managed to cope with it.

Whilst I don't think the wind and rain was the reason we didn't win, I think the opposite of what you are saying is true.

To play along the ground the weight of the pass has to be almost perfect. Wind and rain does affect that a lot.
Going high, it doesn't have to be a perfect pass. Players have time to get to the ball and fight for it. It becomes more a physical battle for possession rather than a skilful battle for possession. That is why the high ball is an equaliser and the wind just makes it even less of a skilful pursuit.

Again - I don't really think this was the issue last night because I don't think Brighton played the high ball and get under it tactic anyway.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:DG - the wind affects direct football far more than it does passing football, direct football involves longer passes that are affected by the wind, playing in to the wind the ball goes nowhere, playing with the wind the ball flies out of play a lot.

Playing passing football the ball is lower to the ground or along the ground, the wind has far less affect on the ball. So if anything its Brighton that should've been affected the worst but they managed to cope with it.

............ that's because you've made the assumption that "direct football" is all about hoofing it down the field, it isn't.

Ball carrying, quick transition, direct attacking is what I mean.

Not what we do where we overly pass it around as a tactic i.e make more passes than is needed which when in windy, slippery weather is more difficult when being pressed.

Brighton got the ball down and ran at us, some crosses yes but even in normal conditions crosses can land wherever and to whomever so not much difference there.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Brighton had to deal with the same conditions, didn’t stop them outperforming and out battling us.

Part and parcel of football and you have to deal with them, if the team can’t then it’s on them, they should adapt.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Özim wrote:Brighton had to deal with the same conditions, didn’t stop them outperforming and out battling us.

Part and parcel of football and you have to deal with them, if the team can’t then it’s on them, they should adapt.

Just get rid of this clown and get a proper manager.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:10 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:Brighton had to deal with the same conditions, didn’t stop them outperforming and out battling us.

Lol, which proper managers have managed more than 10 points from the last 12? :biggrin:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:30 pm

10 other clubs have more points than us. Their managers

Oh wait, the losses don't count in your world
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:32 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Lol, which proper managers have managed more than 10 points from the last 12? :biggrin:

There is a lot to choose from how about any one of the managers above us for starters. :rolleyes: we played relegation fodder and you are creaming over that, lol
Nuggets

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Ach wrote:10 other clubs have more points than us. Their managers

:lol: Spot on

We seem to be forever midtable or below under this guy, he’s that bad. It’s embarrassing people are defending this to be honest, this is Arsenal football club not some small club that is happy if they don’t get relegated.

The sooner we get rid of this clueless guy the better, I think it’s fair to say most Arsenal fans are sick of him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:47 pm

Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:10 other clubs have more points than us. Their managers

:lol: Spot on

We seem to be forever midtable or below under this guy, he’s that bad. It’s embarrassing people are defending this to be honest, this is Arsenal football club not some small club that is happy if they don’t get relegated.

The sooner we get rid of this clueless guy the better, I think it’s fair to say most Arsenal fans are sick of him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

There is a lot to choose from how about any one of the managers above us for starters. :rolleyes: we played relegation fodder and you are creaming over that, lol

There is no manager that has taken more points than Arteta in the last 4 games.
Not really the situation for sacking him, is it?
Right now there is 0% chance of him being sacked.
Rightly so.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:27 pm

Have you missed out on us being 11th?

Being top of the second half table means nothing
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:32 pm

Ach wrote:Have you missed out on us being 11th?

Being top of the second half table means nothing

Now lets examine this.

Last season in the second half of the season - actually from Christmas over a run of 23-24 games - we had the 2nd or 3rd best record in the league.
You said quite clearly that meant nothing and it was what we did over a full season and where we finished that mattered.
Right?

So why would it matter where we are after 7 games at the start of the season?

Now if we are 11th after 23 or 24 games I would certainly be worried, but 7 games??? NO...and I fail to see how you can say it means something important now given what you have said in the past.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:57 pm

It meant nothing cos we finished eighth. Did f all in the cups which were the big pressure games after Xmas last season.

Means nothing cos this run you keep mentioning about did not go in to this season where we have been even worse. One good half all season.

I literally have to explain this for the umpteenth time and it's still not getting through.

I'm not just calling for arteta to go cos we are shit this season. It's cos we've been mostly shit for all his time here.

Spent the most money this summer and didn't solve our biggest issue from last season. 50m for Brighton's third best CB. Their fans words. Not mine

Need I go on?

The football we play, the shit tactics, the shit subs.

Even you wanted him gone before we got knocked out by Villarreal and you decided to troll it up and do a 180. Explain that?

It's getting ridiculous.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 pm

Ach wrote:It meant nothing cos we finished eighth. Did f all in the cups which were the big pressure games after Xmas last season.

Means nothing cos this run you keep mentioning about did not go in to this season where we have been even worse. One good half all season.

I literally have to explain this for the umpteenth time and it's still not getting through.

I'm not just calling for arteta to go cos we are shit this season. It's cos we've been mostly shit for all his time here.

Spent the most money this summer and didn't solve our biggest issue from last season. 50m for Brighton's third best CB. Their fans words. Not mine

Need I go on?

The football we play, the shit tactics, the shit subs.

Even you wanted him gone before we got knocked out by Villarreal and you decided to troll it up and do a 180. Explain that?

It's getting ridiculous.

You don't know where we will finish this season.
Therefore until the season is over, you can not claim that being 11th now means anything.

If you didn't already know - that is the end of the argument - bar the shouting.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:54 pm

On the brink.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk