Arteta Out

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arteta Out

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Hughes I will give you is shit, Eriksson wasn't

Well that's debatable but regardless, He was at the very start of the process of City purchasing trophies and was there for what, 1 year? The first year.
No doubt if they'd just kept him he'd have multiple titles by now.
A 5 yr old could win trophies at City.

Yet Mancini and Pellegrini only won 1 title each, and by a tiny margin at that.

The biggest clubs spend pretty similarly. But had Brendan Rodgers still been at Pool, there's no way they would have won PL+CL like Klopp did.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:19 pm

The pressure will be turned up this season.

I'm looking forward to it, he either comes correct with a workable formation, plan and style of play and he's now going to have his own players.

If he fks up like last year with no Europe to blame for a hectic schedule then he hopefully will be gone at Christmas.

Not sure how many millions Kroenke can take losing but its been interesting to see his patience with this Spanish dude in England blowing the value of a £27m CB, destroying any profit Guendouzi with of made had he not be ousted, Torreria can be barely moved on, Xhaka is going for £15m less than what we paid for him, didn't make Europe .......... the list goes on.

I estimate Arteta has cost him around £80m all in all, that's one hell of a bill.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:23 pm

No worries, Arteta won't last after Christmas if we are flirting with 10th-11th. The Ks will, however indifferent they are, pull the plug because the overall risk will be too much even for them.
But I have a feeling, we might be doing much better than last season once all the transfers are done and everyone is properly bedded in.
There's good mix of youth and experience and there'll be less dependence on loanees and erratic oldies.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:39 pm

ag6789 wrote:No worries, Arteta won't last after Christmas if we are flirting with 10th-11th. The Ks will, however indifferent they are, pull the plug because the overall risk will be too much even for them.
But I have a feeling, we might be doing much better than last season once all the transfers are done and everyone is properly bedded in.
There's good mix of youth and experience and there'll be less dependence on loanees and erratic oldies.

I'm not confident we'll be doing better at all.

We will probably win a bit more due to no Europe and 100% concentration on domestic but player for player, the new guys are no better.

Xhaka, Ceballos, Kalasinac, Saliba.

For

Lokonga, Neves, Tavares, White.

............. yeah I'm just not seeing it, there's no gap or margin of talent enough to fool me into thinking we've improved to guarantee top 5.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:44 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
ag6789 wrote:No worries, Arteta won't last after Christmas if we are flirting with 10th-11th. The Ks will, however indifferent they are, pull the plug because the overall risk will be too much even for them.

I'm not confident we'll be doing better at all.

We will probably win a bit more due to no Europe and 100% concentration on domestic but player for player, the new guys are no better.

Xhaka, Ceballos, Kalasinac, Saliba.

For

Lokonga, Neves, Tavares, White.

............. yeah I'm just not seeing it, there's no gap or margin of talent enough to fool me into thinking we've improved to guarantee top 5.

We didn't have kola or saliba though so tavares and white are improvements over nothing. Xhaka and Ceballos needed replacing. Neves is proven in the league already, lokonga is a risk but better than the status quo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:13 pm

Hosseum Aeour will be a definite improvement over the current crop from what I hear. Reports say he is heavily linked to us right now and is willing to join us.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jase89 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:44 pm

Doesn’t bode well does it:

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta remained tight-lipped about any future transfers after his side’s 2-1 defeat to Hibernian at Easter Road on Tuesday evening.

The Gunners have made just one summer signing so far after Nuno Tavares joined from Benfica.

“We have got one for now and we are really happy with the one we have,” Arteta told Sky Sports News.

“Unfortunately, he could not play today. Maybe he can play on Saturday.

“We will work with the players we have, try to make them better and try to compete as best we can.”
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:07 pm

ag6789 wrote:Hosseum Aeour will be a definite improvement over the current crop from what I hear. Reports say he is heavily linked to us right now and is willing to join us.

I think we were looking at him as an option if ESR left, which seems unlikely now.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:03 am

aniym wrote:
ag6789 wrote:Hosseum Aeour will be a definite improvement over the current crop from what I hear. Reports say he is heavily linked to us right now and is willing to join us.

I think we were looking at him as an option if ESR left, which seems unlikely now.

No, ESR was looking to leave if we bought him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:58 am

aniym wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Hughes I will give you is shit, Eriksson wasn't

Well that's debatable but regardless, He was at the very start of the process of City purchasing trophies and was there for what, 1 year? The first year.
No doubt if they'd just kept him he'd have multiple titles by now.
A 5 yr old could win trophies at City.

Yet Mancini and Pellegrini only won 1 title each, and by a tiny margin at that.

The biggest clubs spend pretty similarly. But had Brendan Rodgers still been at Pool, there's no way they would have won PL+CL like Klopp did.

I think it is clear to me that irrespective of the club you manage, if you are not a good manager, you won't win trophies.

You even have to look at Blackburn Rovers, yes they spent a lot of money but they still needed to be a very strong team and not all of the players that won the league were household names at the start. Dalglish got them playing some great football and they defended like Trojans
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:56 pm

A poor start to follow a shit summer which followed a dreadful season and surely he's gone?

With the start we have, city and Chelsea in first 3 games and also a promoted side who will be up for it, can see it going horribly wrong really quickly.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:24 pm

Wait for the excuses from some people when we lose games, it’ll be another hard luck story for Arteta, it won’t be down to him.

It will either be the players, the ref or the quality of the opposition.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:31 pm

Özim wrote:Wait for the excuses from some people when we lose games, it’ll be another hard luck story for Arteta, it won’t be down to him.

As most people have said, we need to be in touch with the top 4 by Christmas.
That's what reasonable people are expecting.
The significant majority of the fans want Arteta to stay - but no one is giving him a blank cheque.

It;s only you - and a few others - who have gone completely over the top in one direction.
All of a sudden I see lots of excuses, deflections and positioning to try and have an out if we do well.

Season must be getting close.

:biggrin:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Wait for the excuses from some people when we lose games, it’ll be another hard luck story for Arteta, it won’t be down to him.

The significant majority of the fans want Arteta to stay - but no one is giving him a blank cheque.

It;s only you - and a few others - who have gone completely over the top in one direction.
All of a sudden I see lots of excuses, deflections and positioning to try and have an out if we do well.

You keep saying the vast majority want him to stay but that doesn’t make it the reality.

Most realise he’s a rubbish manager who has massively missed underperformed.

I think you’ll find that if he loses a few games with fans back inside stadiums he’ll be under huge pressure and probably get booed.

Yes the usual suspects will excuse him and blame something else but a lot won’t.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:43 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

You keep saying the vast majority want him to stay but that doesn’t make it the reality.

Most realise he’s a rubbish manager who has massively missed underperformed.

I think you’ll find that if he loses a few games with fans back inside stadiums he’ll be under huge pressure and probably get booed.

Yes the usual suspects will excuse him and blame something else but a lot won’t.

The Athletic - Arsenal end of season survey

Does manager Mikel Arteta deserve to be in charge of Arsenal next season?

That's you in that little red slice.
For every one of you, there are 4 Arsenal fans who think Arteta deserves to stay as manager - which includes building the squad.
You and the other Doomers on this site do not represent Arsenal fans.
You are just loud and annoying.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk