2021 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

How would you classify this transfer window?

Poor
41%
Average
41%
Good
6%
Great
13%

Total votes : 32

2021 Summer Transfer Window

Postby swipe right » Sat May 15, 2021 1:48 am

The summer transfer window will open on Wednesday June 9, 2021 for Premier League clubs and it will run for 12 weeks until 11pm BST (6pm ET) on Tuesday August 31.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: 2021 Summer Transfer Window

Postby swipe right » Sat May 15, 2021 1:49 am

Arsenal target five summer signings as Mikel Arteta and Edu seek to complete squad overhaul
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... a-20592982
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat May 15, 2021 1:54 am

Outgoing transfers could raise a fair bit of cash.
Joe Willock - 20 mil pounds
Ainsley Maitland-Niles - 15 mil pounds
Matteo Guendouzi - 20 mil pounds
Lucas Torreira - 15 mil pounds
Mohamed Elneny - 20 mil pounds
Xhaka - 25 mil pounds

That’s about 115 mil pounds just in midfielders that we don’t want.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat May 15, 2021 1:57 am

We could also reduce the wage bill significantly
Ozil - 250k
Willian - 200k
Laca - 180k
Xhaka - 100k
Luiz - 100k

With the exception of Laca none of the others would be a loss.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Paddy » Sat May 15, 2021 7:30 am

@FabrizioRomano: Arsenal are still backing Mikel Arteta and he’ll stay. The club is planning with the Spanish manager about next transfers window and new signings. #AFC

hes reliable

not good news
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat May 15, 2021 6:47 pm

I actually don't care about this window because the players aren't the problem.

Yes we have some that need to go same as any club but as long as this team has to play Arteta's way and he chooses the players and trains them we're screwed.

We bought Partey, we bought Pepe ......... how much more money should we waste?

We could buy Messi, but as long as we keep playing keep ball between our defence who cares.

I'd swap buying no players at all for a new manager.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun May 16, 2021 3:17 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I actually don't care about this window because the players aren't the problem.

Yes we have some that need to go same as any club but as long as this team has to play Arteta's way and he chooses the players and trains them we're screwed.

We bought Partey, we bought Pepe ......... how much more money should we waste?

We could buy Messi, but as long as we keep playing keep ball between our defence who cares.

I'd swap buying no players at all for a new manager.

^ that post literally makes no sense
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 16, 2021 8:31 am

Swipey, what doesn't make sense?? It makes perfect sense, I concur with it entirely.

Take Wenger as an example, started spending money and our football got worse!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 16, 2021 9:53 am

We actually need to stop acting like a club that can solve our issues by buying one or two players for huge money . Tried it and hasn't worked. It's way too risky.

The success of this window , or not, could take some time to be known if we do it right. Bring in younger players for less money with strong potential and supplement that with some solid players with PL experience.

Key positions to fill.
CF
DM
GK
RB

Looking forward to seeing us offload deadwood too. Just knowing some of the clowns we have in the squad will not kick another ball for Arsenal is good.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun May 16, 2021 10:18 am

theHotHead wrote:Swipey, what doesn't make sense?? It makes perfect sense, I concur with it entirely.

So we don’t replace players like Leno, Laca and Bellerin who are leaving because we are sulking about Arteta? What happens if Arteta gets the sack a month after the window closes ?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 16, 2021 10:33 am

Trying to be realistic, we don't need a massive squad with no european football. First XI signings need to be GK, RB and CM. Then we need squad players to cover LB, CM and CF.

If we really want to push it extend Odegaard's loan for another season but Saka could cover there giving Pepe more game time.

We only need a first choice striker if Lacazette goes. Other than that we have been linked to lots of 6'2+ cheaper forwards who would be great as a plan b from the bench. Balogun could then be eased into the team from wing-forward positions.

In CM I'd keep Elneny as fourth choice until January in case Azeez isn't ready but sign a partner for Partey and a third choice CM too.

I'll add names in the wish list thread later :sneaky:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 16, 2021 10:38 am

Tony Adams wrote:Image

Trying to be realistic, we don't need a massive squad with no european football. First XI signings need to be GK, RB and CM. Then we need squad players to cover LB, CM and CF.

If we really want to push it extend Odegaard's loan for another season but Saka could cover there giving Pepe more game time.

We only need a first choice striker if Lacazette goes. Other than that we have been linked to lots of 6'2+ cheaper forwards who would be great as a plan b from the bench. Balogun could then be eased into the team from wing-forward positions.

In CM I'd keep Elneny as fourth choice until January in case Azeez isn't ready but sign a partner for Partey and a third choice CM too.

Broadly agree - although we do need a striker.
Auba will be 32 - he MIGHT recover his form, but it's a risk.
With Laca, we either have to sell or give him a new contract otherwise we're going to lose out financially.
Obviously giving him a new contract would be a mistake at his age, unless it was 1 year... but I doubt he'd take that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun May 16, 2021 11:05 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:Image

Broadly agree - although we do need a striker.
Auba will be 32 - he MIGHT recover his form, but it's a risk.
With Laca, we either have to sell or give him a new contract otherwise we're going to lose out financially.
Obviously giving him a new contract would be a mistake at his age, unless it was 1 year... but I doubt he'd take that.
If we keep both auba and laca and sign a cheaper striker as back up he'd have the season to prove himself and take their place. I suppose a better scenario is laca going and replacing him too but if money is tight I say keep him for another season.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:24 pm

I'd like us to consider signing players already playing in England this summer. Far too often have we overlooked what's right in front of us in favour of signing expensive hopefuls from overseas.

Some players I think could be worth a look and wouldn't break the bank:

Goalkeepers:
- Robert Sanchez (Brighton)
- Areloa (on loan Fulham)

Defenders:
- Aarons (Norwich)
- Dunk (Brighton)
- Sorinola (MK Dons)

Midfielders:
- Sander Berge (Sheff Utd)
- Bissouma (Brighton)
- Buendia (Norwhich)
- Michael Olise (Reading)
- Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

Wingers:
- Pedro Neto (Wolves)
- Ismaila Sarr (Watford)
- Raphinha (Leeds)
- joao Pedro (Watford)
- Soucek (West Ham)
- Jack Harrison (on loan Leeds)

Strikers:
- Ivan Toney (Brentford)
- Danny Ings (S'ton)
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun May 16, 2021 1:52 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Swipey, what doesn't make sense?? It makes perfect sense, I concur with it entirely.

So we don’t replace players like Leno, Laca and Bellerin who are leaving because we are sulking about Arteta? What happens if Arteta gets the sack a month after the window closes ?

Didn't say that though did I?

Of course players who are leaving will have to be replaced for numbers squad wise alone.

But what I'm saying is I'd rather we changed the root of the issue then gloss over it with another hype window where we buy another Pepe only to turn him into a shadow of himself and a sideways passing merchant.

.............. because that doesn't help us and doesn't solve the issue.

Also Arteta still being here means he's the one spending that money and picking players, who's he bought? Willian, Partey, Cedric, Mari?

Only good player there was Partey and again, look what we've done to him by making him play this system, we've made him toothless, how many Willians shall we waste our money on also?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk