2021 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

How would you classify this transfer window?

Poor
41%
Average
41%
Good
6%
Great
13%

Total votes : 32

Re: 2021 Summer Transfer Window

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:I remember when signings were celebrated. People got excited about them. It was nothing but a positive thing.

Now they analyse them to death and even make ludicrous suggestions about money laundering and all sorts.

Oh well...

You mean when we were signing Sanchez and Cazorla?

Are you excited about Lokonga and Tavares? do you even know who they are?

White is a decent signing but that won't make a window.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:17 pm

No one would ever get excited about Lokonga and Tavares even back then, there’s nothing exciting about season signing players like these, hopefully they work out.

For me I prefer to sign lesser known players who come with a big reputation, like Saliba, that’s exciting.

As for White we’ll have to wait and see, just think 50 million is far far too much for him, at that price we should be signing worldview, I’m not sure he is.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:45 pm

Negotiations are never easy and need many dominos to fall....to free up cash for all concerned.
Regarding Saliba, he might be a decent player but there are others in the team as well as in PL whom the current manager thinks more useful at this point.
That BW is a good buy has been echoed by most ex Arsenal players and pundits.
Not for nothing one gets an England call up. He has qualities that will make our defense more mobile and faster in absence of Luiz, who was great at moving the ball out from the back and starting an attack ( though his defensive mistakes often overshadowed his other great qualities ).
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I remember when signings were celebrated. People got excited about them. It was nothing but a positive thing.

Now they analyse them to death and even make ludicrous suggestions about money laundering and all sorts.

Oh well...

I'm always excited when we make new signings. It's great for the club and great for the fans.

Nobody knew who Petit & Vieira were when we bought them. Or Anelka, or Ljunberg, or Toure, or Sagna, or many others who came in as unknowns and left as successful players.

See... I've cheered you up already! :biggrin:
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Oh well...

I'm always excited when we make new signings. It's great for the club and great for the fans.

Nobody knew who Petit & Vieira were when we bought them. Or Anelka, or Ljunberg, or Toure, or Sagna, or many others who came in as unknowns and left as successful players.

But back then we had a manager who could spot talent. That isn’t the case any more.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 am

£60m ~ James Maddison
£50m ~ Ben White
£40m ~ Tammy Abraham
£15m ~ Albert Sambi Lokonga
£7m ~ Nuno Tavares

Excited?

:hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 am

No

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:38 am

Who ever we sign.
When they play well they will be a bargain and when they dont they will be over priced shit.
That's the way it seems to roll. Winning changes a person's perspectives
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 am

Jay - how can you not understand the simple analysis that had 2 CBs playing in the same team and one was rated higher than the other ? It would logically follow that the higher rated player would be a better performer at another club.

How do you think scouting works, would an inferior looking player in a team be the one a scout would recommend ? Not all scouted players turn out to be the gems the scouts predicted they would be, but that initial prediction is how scouting works becaue nobody knows the future !

Based on reports DSaliba was the better player so its perfectly reasonable and understandable to say that Saliba should should have surpassed Fofana's level, given that Saliba was the better player.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 am

Santi wrote:At least the signings are getting over the line. Worrying but is how long these were rumoured before they landed, meaning our CAM or any other signings will at best land when the season starts.

Well there is that, not sure who we have even been linked to, may get one in the Winter window LOL
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 am

ag6789 wrote:Negotiations are never easy and need many dominos to fall....to free up cash for all concerned.
Regarding Saliba, he might be a decent player but there are others in the team as well as in PL whom the current manager thinks more useful at this point.
That BW is a good buy has been echoed by most ex Arsenal players and pundits.
Not for nothing one gets an England call up. He has qualities that will make our defense more mobile and faster in absence of Luiz, who was great at moving the ball out from the back and starting an attack ( though his defensive mistakes often overshadowed his other great qualities ).

Tom Cleverly says hi
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:47 am

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Oh well...

Yea, I am over the fecking moon now :arse fan: :rofll: :1990_dancing.gif:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:50 am

Phil71 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Oh well...

Lies, lots of people knew who Petit was, French football was shown on Eurosport and the "ponytailed left footer" was featured regularly. Everyone knew who Ljungberg was, after Sweden tore England a new arsehole, Wenger bought him ! And all of the players stood out early doors, you saw their quality immediately ....... lets see about Lokonga and Tavares ......
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:51 am

Angelito wrote:£60m ~ James Maddison
£50m ~ Ben White
£40m ~ Tammy Abraham
£7m ~ Nuno Tavares

Excited?

:sick:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:£60m ~ James Maddison
£50m ~ Ben White
£40m ~ Tammy Abraham
£7m ~ Nuno Tavares

Excited?

:sick:

I see £50m of over spending in that list.

That £50m could of bought us an extra very good player.

The prices should be roughly .............

£40m ~ James Maddison
£30m ~ Ben White
£30m ~ Tammy Abraham

Give or take £5m here or there, you could add £5m for White and detract £5m from an injury prone Maddison who to say is worth £40m is actually a bit of a stretch anyway.

Again, Arteta pissing the Kroenke's family fortune up the wall worse than any ex-wife would.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk