2021 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

How would you classify this transfer window?

Poor
41%
Average
41%
Good
6%
Great
13%

Total votes : 32

Re: 2021 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:05 am

The only players that will want to come to this club now with this clown in charge will be the ones after money and an early retirement pension fund.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:17 pm

We will end up with a whole bunch of players Pep wants to get rid of.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Luiz, Odegaard, Ceballos, Ryan all off the wages now - we could still try ans sign Odegaard and/or Ceballos but the fees would be huge
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:34 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Luiz, Odegaard, Ceballos, Ryan all off the wages now - we could still try ans sign Odegaard and/or Ceballos but the fees would be huge

Ancelotti has confirmed Odegaard is in his plans so that’s over.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:14 pm

West Brom have told Brazilian midfielder Matheus Pereira, 25, he can leave the Championship club this summer, if they are offered at least £15m. Aston Villa and Brighton are among those who have made enquiries. (Teamtalk)

Why aren't we all over this?

Far better than buendia.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:14 pm

Out entire transfer strategy seems to be going after players in lower table premier league sides. Buendia, Bissouma, Neves, Ryan. Really sad stuff from a club of our stature.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:25 pm

swipe right wrote:Out entire transfer strategy seems to be going after players in lower table premier league sides. Buendia, Bissouma, Neves, Ryan. Really sad stuff from a club of our stature.
Worked for Liverpool tbf
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:41 pm

swipe right wrote:Out entire transfer strategy seems to be going after players in lower table premier league sides. Buendia, Bissouma, Neves, Ryan. Really sad stuff from a club of our stature.

Tbf we haven't been doing this enough, we should be snapping up the best players from lesser teams that already play in the EPL and we know can perform
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:44 pm

I'm not fussed about Buendia because it would have been £35m spent for a player who wasn't even guaranteed a starting place. Poor use of money by an already highly profligate club.

I do want us to start actually moving some players on though. Where are these purported deals for Laca, Xhaka and Bellerin?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:22 pm

aniym wrote:I'm not fussed about Buendia because it would have been £35m spent for a player who wasn't even guaranteed a starting place. Poor use of money by an already highly profligate club.

I do want us to start actually moving some players on though. Where are these purported deals for Laca, Xhaka and Bellerin?

Yes, we do need to move more quickly.
The Euro's, Copa America and the Olympics are going to slow things down.
Going to be harder to get things done during those tournaments and then players will not even be around for pre-seasons.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:29 pm

From reading across sources it seems like we have no clear transfer strategy this summer.

Apparently we were fumbling around re. Buendia because we're still hopeful of getting Odegaard.

We bid £35m for Aouar last summer, now we're told he's available for £25m and we're having doubts - a 22 y old player doesn't become bad in one year.

Arteta and Edu need to make their minds up and be decisive. However I can just see us leaving things until after the Euros before a last minute panic sees us overpay for some hopefuls that aren't ready to hit the ground running.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:32 pm

alexafc12 wrote:From reading across sources it seems like we have no clear transfer strategy this summer.

Apparently we were fumbling around re. Buendia because we're still hopeful of getting Odegaard.

We bid £35m for Aouar last summer, now we're told he's available for £25m and we're having doubts - a 22 y old player doesn't become bad in one year.

Arteta and Edu need to make their minds up and be decisive. However I can just see us leaving things until after the Euros before a last minute panic sees us overpay for some hopefuls that aren't ready to hit the ground running.

............. so, business as usual then?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Pretty much.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
Worked for Liverpool tbf

I supposed the difference is they actually landed the players they wanted.

While us on the other hand seem like we're going to miss out on every rumoured target we had, it'll be 2nd and 3rd choice for us hence why the strategy won't pay off the same.

I agree however, I am done with these high priced primadonna's because the only big names that will come to an 8th place AFC with no Europe are ex-stars who are looking for a well paid soft landing that no other big club is stupid enough to give them (Willian comes to mind).

So I would rather younger, fresher, hungrier up and comer's looking to improve, however, if we can't even sign the likes of Bissouma or Buendia then what now? have a look at 1sts Div players??

Its not looking good from where I'm sitting.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:50 pm

i come back from portugal to hear that we were outbid by villa for buendia? i checked the date and its not april fools but im hoping its a sick joke

that or theyve got someone else lined up and think person B is a better investment

and that person better not be odegaard. if hes our only attacking player this summer ill be disappointed because hes been a bit underwhelming. weve seen what he can do and it wont lift us to anything great imo.

im hoping its because we're going for aouar + bissouma, otherwise its a sad day for AFC. getting outbid by villa... dear lord.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk