2021 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

How would you classify this transfer window?

Poor
41%
Average
41%
Good
6%
Great
13%

Total votes : 32

Re: 2021 Summer Transfer Window

Postby ag6789 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 pm

I think Laca will stay on and might have an extension ( maybe short), otherwise why is he featured regularly in pre season build up. I believe he has qualities which cannot be found in other available strikers ( not talking about Ronaldo, Griezemann or even Kane types, who live in stratospheric levels).
He should be kept even at the risk of losing for nothing next season. Remember the RVP saga? If we were a little brave and kept him on, we could've pipped ManU to the title. He was the Difference, that year.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:13 pm

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:If we can’t do a deal for Xhaka he will start alongside Partey. We won’t be able to buy another CM and Sambo’s too raw to start.

Quite optimistic on Sambi. Looked very composed on the ball in the preseason game and he was also the captain of his previous club at a very young age. Regardless of levels being captain at that age says a lot about him.

Yeah but dude it’s the Belgian league. We must only judge em based on premier league.

:lol:

Karma may be a b*tch but she sure is funny.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:38 am

Angelito wrote:I'm not sure if Edu and Arteta have realized this, but next summer is a pre-World Cup summer. Only this time, the World Cup is only 6 months away. Most players expected to be in their national team squads wouldn't prefer to move with the World Cup only six months away.

We're already in need of a striker. Next summer, Lacazette would be off to another team and Auba would have a year left on his contract.

Our transfers this summer is even more crucial than ever.

Equally those who aren't sure to play for their clubs (e.g. bernardo silva) would be eyeing a move for first team football. Works both ways.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:21 pm

Another sad summer
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:24 pm

swipe right wrote:Another sad summer

2 unknowns and a bang average player for world class money

It's a depressing one
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:If we can’t do a deal for Xhaka he will start alongside Partey. We won’t be able to buy another CM and Sambo’s too raw to start.

Quite optimistic on Sambi. Looked very composed on the ball in the preseason game and he was also the captain of his previous club at a very young age. Regardless of levels being captain at that age says a lot about him.

Yeah but dude it’s the Belgian league. We must only judge em based on premier league.

:lol:

Karma may be a b*tch but she sure is funny.

Sambi hasn;t been judged yet.
We'll know once we see him in the Premier league

If you are going to attempt a wind up at least do better.
:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Chin up, we could still sign Ramsdale and Tammy Abraham
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:58 pm

aniym wrote:

Chin up, we could still sign Ramsdale and Tammy Abraham

It’s Tammy time
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:32 pm

Ach wrote:
I'd rather take a chance on him then spend 35-40m on Abraham.

Also:

Copy and paste from arteta thread

I'm not happy that it looks like xhaka and maybe bellerin are staying. I was banking on those as the two big improvements. I was fine with spending 50m on White providing we improved in those areas. It seems Maddison will be our other big signing. That is big money spent on two areas that didn't really need improving and ignoring the problem areas.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:50 am

White will likely start replacing Luiz. Lokonga and Tavares will likely not start. How is this going to improve our season? The first thing Edu should have fixed was central midfield but it’s August and we are stuck with Xhaka.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:03 am

swipe right wrote:White will likely start replacing Luiz. Lokonga and Tavares will likely not start. How is this going to improve our season? The first thing Edu should have fixed was central midfield but it’s August and we are stuck with Xhaka.

Sambi plays in central midfield.
I see no reason why he shouldn't be playing games, including starting a decent number of matches.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:40 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:White will likely start replacing Luiz. Lokonga and Tavares will likely not start. How is this going to improve our season? The first thing Edu should have fixed was central midfield but it’s August and we are stuck with Xhaka.

Sambi plays in central midfield.
I see no reason why he shouldn't be playing games, including starting a decent number of matches.

Sure he’ll get some games but is that enough to push us three levels up the ladder? I don’t think so. He’s a young player who will need to be given time. I fear for us this season seeing how stronger squads are strengthening.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:25 am

Arsenal are at risk of losing five of their players for free when their contracts run out next year. The Gunners could lose Alexandre Lacazette, Callum Chambers, Sead Kolasinic, Mohamed Elneny and Eddie Nketiah who are all worth a combined total of £65 million.

Players who have six months left on their contract could negotiate a move away in the January transfer window and leave for nothing at the end of their contract.
It's amazing that this could happen where is the accountability?
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:32 am

A pretty familiar story really, once again we fail to get rid of players for a fee and it looks like we’re going to offer a new contract to a liability, what a shambles!

Honestly though it’s been so long since this was a decent football club that did things properly, nowadays it’s an absolute joke, I mean who in their right minds employs a nobody with zero experience and then continues to back him after two 8th places and being schooled by their former manager?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk