Realistically Though Guys...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Realistically Though Guys...

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:33 pm

We all know that Wenger really doesnt like to buy in the market.. so I and WE probably all know that Wengers gonna be just as prudent again and say something along the lines of 'f**k it we have Baptista and Robin up front that'll do us we dont have to spend any money' and then we'll be left up shits creek!
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Realistically Though Guys...

Postby slappy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:35 pm

ScottishLass wrote:We all know that Wenger really doesnt like to buy in the market.. so I and WE probably all know that Wengers gonna be just as prudent again and say something along the lines of 'f**k it we have Baptista and Robin up front that'll do us we dont have to spend any money' and then we'll be left up shits creek!

But Baptista's gone, love :P
slappy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Wheres wee Reyes then? <--- not been in touch with internet for agesss :P know nothing lol.. he'll probably think Adebayor + Rapin Robin can do it then with Bednter being the bit part player? He wont spend is what im getting at :P
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:17 pm

LOL Tiff! :lol:

Reyes at the moment is still on ur books, although has not returned form Spain & will almost definatley be sold.
Baptista has returned to Madrid after AW not offering a permanent contract.

The 1st choice forwards for next season is likely to be Adebayor & Van Persie with Bendnter & Theo warming the bench
as you say, unless of course we get a proven forward.

Im not so worried about Wenger spending, im sure he's got a few on his wish-list that we dont know about, we all know how much he likes to keep quiet on these things ;)
But what does concern me is the fact that any prospective player may turn us down because of the uncertainty surrounding Wenger himself.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby emmagicaleboue » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:09 pm

I'd really like to see Wenger acting sooner rather than later in the transfer market. The club and all us fans need a boost after Henry leaving and the sooner the players are brought in, the more time they will have to gel with their team mates. Does anyone know the exact date when pre season training will start?
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:24 pm

emmagicaleboue wrote:I'd really like to see Wenger acting sooner rather than later in the transfer market. The club and all us fans need a boost after Henry leaving and the sooner the players are brought in, the more time they will have to gel with their team mates. Does anyone know the exact date when pre season training will start?

In all honesty i think the most important signing would be Wenger to extend. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby emmagicaleboue » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:32 pm

agreed! that man is a god
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal_4_Life » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:11 pm

weve now signed eduardo da silva, who scored 32 goals in 34 appearences last season, looks like a very exciting player. i still think we should go for another top class striker tho, someone we know can score in the big leagues, because the croation league isn't exactly the most competetive, still an amazing record tho.
Arsenal_4_Life
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Return to Arsenal Talk