Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Ben White (4)

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:25 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yeah I saw that, that was a badman tackle, I was cheering that, it was at that point I thought ... we might get something from the game.

Now ask yourself what would Holding, Mari or Bellerin have done in that situation?

Stood off him and begged for mercy, or in Bellerin's case.......... not even of cared.

So much trash we've needed to get rid of, it annoy's me that Arteta wanted Bellerin to stay.

So many players like Tomi and Gabby out there that aren't getting any love at lower clubs and we're being faithful to the likes of Willian, AMN, Xhaka and Bellerin??

Tomi was at Bologna, White was at Brighton, Ramsdale at Sheffield Utd ffs ........... what are teams like that doing with better players than we have per position??

Its nuts.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:Risky tackles, they’re Hollywood tackles, look good when they come off but when they don’t (more often than not) you give away fouls in dangerous areas, as White has a tendency to do (he was lucky to get away with the tackle against Kane which could have been a penalty).

His best game for us on Sunday but it’s fine margins with his rashness in the tackle.

So far 2 good games and 2 bad ones, plenty of room for improvement.

He’s quite rash, he’s got a lot to learn and will probably cost us points with this rashness.

So far doesn’t look like a 50 million defender, Gabriel has outperformed him and he cost half that.

what that clip doesnt show is he made the tackle then took so long getting rid of it that by the time he did he put our player who received it in a difficult position.

50m lol

It also didn't show him winning the header above Kane to get us on the counter for the first goal...
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 pm

billie86 wrote:
Jez wrote:
Özim wrote:Risky tackles, they’re Hollywood tackles, look good when they come off but when they don’t (more often than not) you give away fouls in dangerous areas, as White has a tendency to do (he was lucky to get away with the tackle against Kane which could have been a penalty).

His best game for us on Sunday but it’s fine margins with his rashness in the tackle.

He’s quite rash, he’s got a lot to learn and will probably cost us points with this rashness.

So far doesn’t look like a 50 million defender, Gabriel has outperformed him and he cost half that.

what that clip doesnt show is he made the tackle then took so long getting rid of it that by the time he did he put our player who received it in a difficult position.

50m lol

It also didn't show him winning the header above Kane to get us on the counter for the first goal...

It wouldn’t though because it wasn’t the same passage of play.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:33 pm

billie86 wrote:
Jez wrote:

50m lol

Yeah, that was another great moment in the game - one of many for White.
Pleased to see him play so well... it's not just about him, though... the entire team has benefited hugely from how White, Gabriel and Tomiyasu have gelled so quickly as a 3. It's a long time since I have seen us so composed at the back.

When you think that the 3 of them are aged 23,23 and 22 and Tierney in the other FB position is 24, with our keeper also just 23, it's bloody magnificent for our future, not just now. They're young so they'll have some bumps along the road, but if these guys can stay fit we could be seeing the start of a very special defence, which on the evidence so far will be led by White. He's the organiser back there. He could be our future captain.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:44 pm

I saw the header in the lead up for the first goal. Helps Kane didn't jump at all but that's not whites fault. After his non jump v Brentford and one of their goals, it's good to see he can actually head. Long may it continue

6/10 performance for the whole game.

Has yet to perform better than a 6

Still early days in his arsenal career but he's got this season to show what he can do cos Saliba is looming and he's been better in their careers so far
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:49 pm

Ach wrote:I saw the header in the lead up for the first goal. Helps Kane didn't jump at all but that's not whites fault. After his non jump v Brentford and one of their goals, it's good to see he can actually head. Long may it continue

Still early days in his arsenal career but he's got this season to show what he can do cos Saliba is looming and he's been better in their careers so far

:lol:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:23 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:I saw the header in the lead up for the first goal. Helps Kane didn't jump at all but that's not whites fault. After his non jump v Brentford and one of their goals, it's good to see he can actually head. Long may it continue

Oh yes I forgot, being bang average for Brighton is better than playing well in the top level in France lol

Please mention the player of the season award he got at Brighton. I beg you.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Spot on, get rid of Arteta then Saliba comes back under a decent manager that recognises talent and doesn’t use favouritism as his strategy to pick the team.

White better buck up his ideas because he’ll need to be a lot better than that to get a place once Saliba returns.

Very excited to see him and no Arteta :cloud9:
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:58 pm

Jez wrote:

yeah he's looked v shakey. made catastrophic mistakes every game.

we needed a reassuring centre half but he's the complete opposite. we needed a leader but he's a nervous wreck.

just a walking disaster. when saliba comes back he'll be 5th choice behind mari and holding.

Yeah he’s not been that impressive considering the money we paid.

Has lot to learn, like heading and not being too rash for example, he’s not the leader you’d expect at 50 million.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:59 pm

Ach wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Oh yes I forgot, being bang average for Brighton is better than playing well in the top level in France lol

Please mention the player of the season award he got at Brighton. I beg you.

Brighton seem to be doing pretty well without him, really flying high right now.

Was player of the season for Leeds….sorry I mean Brighton.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:15 am

^ barrage of nonsense from the 3 Muppeteers in an attempt to piece back their shattered agenda.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:27 am

Agenda :lol:

Shattered, after 3 games, come back in 2 years pal!

White has been underwhelming so far considering his fee, some good some bad, has a lot to learn clearly.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:45 am

Özim wrote:Agenda :lol:

White has been underwhelming so far considering his fee, some good some bad, has a lot to learn clearly.

Keep digging.
We have to lose now in order for you to maintain your agenda, which seems to be your aim.
What an awful position.
:dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:46 am

I don’t need to dig it’s fact.

There’s no agenda, we know where we are, need a massive change in fortunes to turn things around.

I don’t see it myself, so it’s just a matter of time until it goes wrong again. When it does hopefully the club will cut its losses and move onto greener pastures.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:16 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:Agenda :lol:

Keep digging.
We have to lose now in order for you to maintain your agenda, which seems to be your aim.
What an awful position.
:dontknow:

Kind of like you lighting candles and praying Auba misses.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk