Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Benjamin White (4)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:33 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Losmeister wrote:If above comes to pass Saliba outdoing BW for the CB spot... can BW be a CDM?

I don't think that's necessary. I would rather rotate our players. This includes our forwards. Smith-Rowe, Martinelli, Odegaard, Saka, Pepe and our (new) striker won't play all the games together, will they?
Maybe White can play as a CDM. Even Chambers wasn't bad as a CDM at Bournemouth they say. I still prefer we buy another midfielder or two though.

I think White has now nudged ahead as our best defender this year. I would have put Gabriel ahead of him a month or so ago, but it was close. Same with Tomi. But with Gabriel losing some form and Tomi injured, it’s White looking like the cream of the crop right now.
Good to have such top players and a defence that is full of character.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:02 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:
Losmeister wrote:If above comes to pass Saliba outdoing BW for the CB spot... can BW be a CDM?

I don't think that's necessary. I would rather rotate our players. This includes our forwards. Smith-Rowe, Martinelli, Odegaard, Saka, Pepe and our (new) striker won't play all the games together, will they?
Maybe White can play as a CDM. Even Chambers wasn't bad as a CDM at Bournemouth they say. I still prefer we buy another midfielder or two though.

I think White has now nudged ahead as our best defender this year. I would have put Gabriel ahead of him a month or so ago, but it was close. Same with Tomi. But with Gabriel losing some form and Tomi injured, it’s White looking like the cream of the crop right now.
Good to have such top players and a defence that is full of character.

It is still debatable if we want to decide who our overall best CB is. All that I can say is that White is our best CB in term of spreading the ball and moving forward to help us attack. And we know Arteta want us to play that way.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:31 pm

If White keeps churning out 6/10 performances then Saliba will be in sooner rather than later
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:44 pm

We'll sell Saliba for 5m on deadline day.

Next game one of our CBs will get a season ending injury.

Can see it happening
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Ach wrote:If White keeps churning out 6/10 performances then Saliba will be in sooner rather than later

Truth is Benjamin has humiliated you and quite a few others and it's great to see.
Another Ramsdale.
:arse fan:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:00 pm

The hate toward White is odd.

Agendas and all that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:36 am

Phil71 wrote:The hate toward White is odd.

Agendas and all that.

A lot of fans want a no nonsense tough tackling impenetrable defender. White is not in that category. Arteta wouldn't buy him if he wanted a CB that will play safety first all the time.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Phil71 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:17 pm

Gone from we have no chance of top six to top four is a must.

Gotta laugh.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Phil71 wrote:Gone from we have no chance of top six to top four is a must.

Gotta laugh.

The goalposts will be changing again no doubt.
It will be top 3 soon and if we keep winning, top 2
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Superb again today.
Putting together a great season.
Credit to the young lad coming in under the pressure of the big transfer fee.
He’s become vital for us, defensively and building attacks.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:48 pm

Had a great game again the two cbs are consistent and thats everything you need
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby billie86 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 pm

The fact we have 3rd most clean sheets in the league says all you need to know about how they have been this season, let's also not forget how young our back line has been most of this season, in our first choice back line there is nobody over 24 years of age, that's a really good sign for years to come. You look at Liverpool and both of their
first choice centre backs are 30, over the next few seasons they will have to address that and how do you replace van dijk? Same goes for their attack, mane and Salah both pushing 30, how do you replace those 2 for people who churn out the same numbers? Especially Salah. We are definitely doing the right thing with these young players, if we can stay competitive and get CL football we should be able to keep hold of all of them and we won't have to think about replacing them for a decade, imagine how these guys will be playing together in 3 -4 years.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:25 pm

billie86 wrote:The fact we have 3rd most clean sheets in the league says all you need to know about how they have been this season, let's also not forget how young our back line has been most of this season, in our first choice back line there is nobody over 24 years of age, that's a really good sign for years to come. You look at Liverpool and both of their
first choice centre backs are 30, over the next few seasons they will have to address that and how do you replace van dijk? Same goes for their attack, mane and Salah both pushing 30, how do you replace those 2 for people who churn out the same numbers? Especially Salah. We are definitely doing the right thing with these young players, if we can stay competitive and get CL football we should be able to keep hold of all of them and we won't have to think about replacing them for a decade, imagine how these guys will be playing together in 3 -4 years.

That is the genius of what Edu and Arteta have managed to do. To transform the culture, get results and do it all with the youngest squad in the PL is phenomenal.
Defence was sorted first to build the base, now we’re also one of the best around creatively. Young players all through the team, but the base of Ramsdale, White and Gabriel gives the team such confidence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby thebigbangtheo » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:18 am

billie86 wrote:The fact we have 3rd most clean sheets in the league says all you need to know about how they have been this season, let's also not forget how young our back line has been most of this season, in our first choice back line there is nobody over 24 years of age, that's a really good sign for years to come. You look at Liverpool and both of their

I love the sentiment and passion and I'm certainly not motivated to want to piss on anyone's chips, but across the board of the Premier League since 2012, I'd be intrigued to see how many players have endured to qualify for a testimonial.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Finally back in the England squad
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk