Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Ben White (4)

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
TedLasso wrote:Nearly every goal threat from Burnley today was due to White’s poor positioning. Its cool he racked up numbers but you cant make that many mistakes against real attacks. A better side would have bagged 1 or 2.

Burnley hardly had any threat.
It was snuffed out by White , Gabriel and Tomi.
We were defensively superb.

Everyone’s telling you he was shaky, why do you think that is?

Oz you are wasting your breath on a man with an agenda. ;)

Hilarious... from one of the 'all our transfers are shit' mob. :think:
Agenda indeed.

Arteta and the team slapped you down today as they did last week.
I hope they continue to do so.
It's weird but also funny to see how upset some people are at an away win against a team that were apparently going to bully us.

Burnley have 1 point in 5 games. Not sure where you get the they were going to bully us vibe from.

He made it up, literally no one said that one here.

'If we don't play well, we're getting bullied'
Literally when the teams were announced on the match thread.

Dear oh dear. :doh:

Had a look couldn’t see this comment, what I saw is most people expected us to win against this cannon fodder, understandably so, they’re rubbish and didn’t have 160 million to spend.

You don't see anything that that shows you are wrong, which means you don't see much.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=108180&start=30

Just like you didn't see White win most of his headers, cutting out passes and clearing the ball more than any other of our defenders in a great team defensive display.

Ok I see it now, point is most people thought they’d win and why would they against this kind of cannon fodder?

White wasn’t good pal, sorry, pretty much everyone else agrees, but I expect they use their eyes to assess a player, not some random numbers.

Like I said 12th out of 14 players on the BBC ratings for our team.

BBC ratings lol.

If we're going to use ratings

Whoscored 7.6 rating equal with Ramsdale as our second-best player behind Odegaard (oh look, 3 of our new signings :sneaky2: )
Would have been ranked highest but for his defensive error - that is because he did the most defensive work of any of our defenders in a tough away game against a strong aerial attack.

Oh and no apology for your failed and proven false accusation - didn't expect one. You didn't say most people, you said ' literally no one said it'. You were wrong - again.

Oh right you find some random site that half agrees and use that, typical :lol:

People literally watched the game pal, they used their eyes, I know what I trust more, eyes or stats…..hmmmm let’s see.

You really are living in a different reality at times.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Ach wrote:Didn't you say odegaard was shit?

Another 180?

Yeah but my rankings (yeah I’ve never heard of them either don’t worry :lol:) says he’s the best thing since sliced bread so he now thinks so as well.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:34 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
TedLasso wrote:Nearly every goal threat from Burnley today was due to White’s poor positioning. Its cool he racked up numbers but you cant make that many mistakes against real attacks. A better side would have bagged 1 or 2.

Agenda indeed.

It's weird but also funny to see how upset some people are at an away win against a team that were apparently going to bully us.

Burnley have 1 point in 5 games. Not sure where you get the they were going to bully us vibe from.

Had a look couldn’t see this comment, what I saw is most people expected us to win against this cannon fodder, understandably so, they’re rubbish and didn’t have 160 million to spend.

You don't see anything that that shows you are wrong, which means you don't see much.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=108180&start=30

Just like you didn't see White win most of his headers, cutting out passes and clearing the ball more than any other of our defenders in a great team defensive display.

Ok I see it now, point is most people thought they’d win and why would they against this kind of cannon fodder?

White wasn’t good pal, sorry, pretty much everyone else agrees, but I expect they use their eyes to assess a player, not some random numbers.

Like I said 12th out of 14 players on the BBC ratings for our team.

BBC ratings lol.

If we're going to use ratings

Whoscored 7.6 rating equal with Ramsdale as our second-best player behind Odegaard (oh look, 3 of our new signings :sneaky2: )
Would have been ranked highest but for his defensive error - that is because he did the most defensive work of any of our defenders in a tough away game against a strong aerial attack.

Oh and no apology for your failed and proven false accusation - didn't expect one. You didn't say most people, you said ' literally no one said it'. You were wrong - again.

Oh right you find some random site that half agrees and use that, typical :lol:

People literally watched the game pal, they used their eyes, I know what I trust more, eyes or stats…..hmmmm let’s see.

You really are living in a different reality at times.

Actually no, I used the same site that was use last week that was used to say that Ben White was not MOTM by someone else and you lapped it up :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

As for reality , mine is one where we just won our second game on the spin and moved up the league just 4 points off top 4. I am happy happy happy and enjoying the evening. :arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby billie86 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:24 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Agenda indeed.

How did we get on during our last 2 trips to turf moor?
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby billie86 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:29 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Everyone ?
LOL.

No , just some entrenched people who were so OTT before he kicked a ball that they are squirming now and having to lie to themselves to save face.

Two gamess in a row - clean sheet.
Best defensive numbers in our team today.
Won most of his defensive headers against Burnely's aerial attack too.
Top player - worth every penny.
:arsenal3:
Made a passback error, sure, but no harm no foul - that other guy you said was shit - Ramsdale - sorted it.
:lol:

No pal.

We played two relegation who struggle to score, so you get that or are you too entrenched in your stats to realise that?

It’s clear to anyone he wasn’t our best defender today, but by all means keep using your nonsense stats people keep proving show a false picture!

Definitely not worth anywhere near 50 million based on the performances so far, probably worth half that realistically, we overpaid massively. Still at least we have Saliba to look forward to when Arteta gets the boot so not a big issue.

Ramsdale did alright I’ll give you that, he wouldn’t have been my first choice keeper no doubt, but he did ok, hope it continues, much bigger tests ahead however.

Ramsdale 'did alright' lol. He was excellent and like White has embarrassed you over the last 2 games, both clean sheets.

Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, Odegaard, Lokonga, Tavares - all great signings.
6 excellent players for 150m. Top business. Arteta and Edu - top marks.

No pal White was not very good, you’re embarrassing yourself again :lol:

White came 12th in the BBC ratings in our team, you’re right what a great performer! :lol:

Can't have been that bad, kept a clean sheets and I don't really remember Burnley having anything clear cut, the most they could muster was a few headers but even they were half chances at best.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:33 pm

billie86 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Agenda indeed.

How did we get on during our last 2 trips to turf moor?

Who cares, they’re 19th in the league, Everton beat them comfortably.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 pm

billie86 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Everyone ?
LOL.

No , just some entrenched people who were so OTT before he kicked a ball that they are squirming now and having to lie to themselves to save face.

Made a passback error, sure, but no harm no foul - that other guy you said was shit - Ramsdale - sorted it.

No pal.

We played two relegation who struggle to score, so you get that or are you too entrenched in your stats to realise that?

It’s clear to anyone he wasn’t our best defender today, but by all means keep using your nonsense stats people keep proving show a false picture!

Definitely not worth anywhere near 50 million based on the performances so far, probably worth half that realistically, we overpaid massively. Still at least we have Saliba to look forward to when Arteta gets the boot so not a big issue.

Ramsdale did alright I’ll give you that, he wouldn’t have been my first choice keeper no doubt, but he did ok, hope it continues, much bigger tests ahead however.

Ramsdale 'did alright' lol. He was excellent and like White has embarrassed you over the last 2 games, both clean sheets.

White came 12th in the BBC ratings in our team, you’re right what a great performer! :lol:

Can't have been that bad, kept a clean sheets and I don't really remember Burnley having anything clear cut, the most they could muster was a few headers but even they were half chances at best.

They’ve scored 3 goals all season and have 1 point, they’re toothless. He wasn’t great, average at best, not what you expect from a 50 million defender that’s for sure.

We’ve played 2 and beaten 2 teams and they have 1 point between them this season and all we managed is 2 goals, one wasn’t even from open play.

We have t had to do much defending in those games.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:45 pm

billie86 wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Everyone ?
LOL.

No pal.

Yup - Burnley have created clear cut chances against everyone they have faced this year, including Liverpool, but failed to create a single good chance against our defence because White, Gabriel and Tomiyasu dealt with their aerial threat very well. White and Tomiyasu were particularly good in the air today winning nearly all their defensive aerial battles. Gabriel lost most of his but his aggression was such that even when he lost headers he disrupted the forward enough to keep things safe and he was excellent in other areas, being the man on hand most often to clear danger.

It was an excellent defensive display all round.

Unfortunately, there are some fans who simply want to be negative at all costs instead of giving the credit due to the team, manager and individual players.

1-0 away with a solid defence = excellent PL result.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:54 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

If Burnley hardly had any threat neither did we. They had more shots than us, we had the same amount on target (3), neither team had any clear cut chances, according to Sky's statsm
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:59 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

If Burnley hardly had any threat neither did we. They had more shots than us, we had the same amount on target (3), neither team had any clear cut chances, according to Sky's statsm

We had 4 decent chances to Burnley's 0

We also ripped them open several times but just missed the final ball (easy final balls). Just some poor execution at the end, but good build up play.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NovaGB » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:14 am

That pass back was straight from Mustafis playbook.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:42 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Agenda indeed.

We beat the two bottom teams who are relegation certs and you are creaming yourself over those wins lol fook you are a desperate soul, we were lucky in both games. You seem to relish mediocrity and substandard games for some reason, still if it makes you happy but some of us are disgusted with the way things are going and want a real manager, not a cone carrier. ;) White was shall we say less than convincing he is worth the money we spent on him hopefully he will improve.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:54 am

It's still early days, but White has not made a good first impression. Some of the mistakes he's made have been hair-raising. He's reminded me of Mustafi for all the wrong reasons.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:06 am

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Agenda indeed.

We beat the two bottom teams who are relegation certs and you are creaming yourself over those wins lol fook you are a desperate soul, we were lucky in both games. You seem to relish mediocrity and substandard games for some reason, still if it makes you happy but some of us are disgusted with the way things are going and want a real manager, not a cone carrier. ;) White was shall we say less than convincing he is worth the money we spent on him hopefully he will improve.

Pretty much.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:07 am

PairyGrows wrote:It's still early days, but White has not made a good first impression. Some of the mistakes he's made have been hair-raising. He's reminded me of Mustafi for all the wrong reasons.

No he hasn’t, you’ve got to say if you spend 50 million on a CB he really needs to do a lot better, at the moment it’s just not good enough.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk