Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Benjamin White (4)

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Salibatelli wrote:He’s 24 he’s not a “young player” that’s not me saying that it’s fact, players in their mid 20s are not “young players”.

I don’t have to agree with what the club do or don’t do, we paid 50 million, he doesn’t look like a 50 million defender, therefore we overpaid, simple really.

What is simple is that he is having a great season and has done you over. You hate it. :lol:

..and yes, 24 yrs old is young in the PL. Well below the average of PL starting 11s.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:08 pm

No one has done me over pal :lol:

No 24 isn’t young, a 24 year old is no longer considered a young player, their in their mid 20s.

Average age means nothing, it doesn’t show that he is a young player, which he isn’t at 24 I’m afraid, sorry.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:09 pm

Salibatelli wrote:No one has done me over pal :lol:

No 24 isn’t young, sorry.

Yeah - Arteta has, Edu has, White has, Ramsdale has, Odegaard has... pretty much everyone has.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:No one has done me over pal :lol:

No 24 isn’t young, sorry.

Yeah - Arteta has, Edu has, White has, Ramsdale has, Odegaard has... pretty much everyone has.

Afraid not, White was too expensive and has been hit and miss, Arteta still has a lot to prove, he seems to be good at doing well when nothing can be won :lol:

Edu is fine and always was with me, he was unproven but has done better signing players.

Ramsdale I have no problem saying has proved me wrong.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:52 pm

Phil71 wrote:I don't see how anyone who continually moans about the club, the manager, the players, the performances, and just about everything else related to Arsenal can call themselves a fan.

A critic maybe, or I can think of several other things- but none of them are fan.

It was blind faith that kept Wenger in the job for so long!!

Ask Jayram when it was he was calling for Wenger to be sacked :rofll:

Point is, if you don't criticise what needs to be criticised you are following with blind faith, nothing wrong with questioning or calling out issues and failures.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:He’s 24 he’s not a “young player” that’s not me saying that it’s fact, players in their mid 20s are not “young players”.

I don’t have to agree with what the club do or don’t do, we paid 50 million, he doesn’t look like a 50 million defender, therefore we overpaid, simple really.

What is simple is that he is having a great season and has done you over. You hate it. :lol:

..and yes, 24 yrs old is young in the PL. Well below the average of PL starting 11s.

Hang on a cotton picking sec!! If 24 is young why do you continually call 30 year olds "old"?!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Hang on a cotton picking sec!! If 24 is young why do you continually call 30 year olds "old"?!!!

Because 30 is well above the starting 11 average whilst 24 is well below the starting 11 average.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I don't see how anyone who continually moans about the club, the manager, the players, the performances, and just about everything else related to Arsenal can call themselves a fan.

A critic maybe, or I can think of several other things- but none of them are fan.

Point is, if you don't criticise what needs to be criticised you are following with blind faith, nothing wrong with questioning or calling out issues and failures.

It was an owner's satisfaction with a continuous top four finish that kept Wenger in his job.

Nothing to do with fans.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:07 am

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

It was an owner's satisfaction with a continuous top four finish that kept Wenger in his job.

Nothing to do with fans.

How naive you are, the toxicity in the stadium had everything to do with it, the marches and protests were the key. Kroenke could not sit by and do nothing in the face of furious fan abuse.

What kept Wenger in the job were the years of apathy from the bast majority of fans.

I suppose you think it wasn't the fans anger and protests that made the clubs that signed up for the Super League reverse their decision?!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Because 30 is well above the starting 11 average whilst 24 is well below the starting 11 average.

Jay that's nonsense and you know it. You dont go from being classed as young in ANY sport to old in 6 years!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:53 pm

50M centre back can’t even defend a basic cross, brighton were laughing all the way to the bank with this transfer fee
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:58 pm

I mentioned in the 1st half he was getting beaten to every header by Davis I think it was.

I found it funny he was in the penalty area trying to play ball at one point :lol:

He’s an Ok defender but he has some glaring weaknesses and 50 million was way too much for him no doubt about it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:55 pm

Needs Gabriel next to him. We're lost without Gabby btw.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:36 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:Needs Gabriel next to him. We're lost without Gabby btw.

I think Tomiyasu might be a bigger miss.
The unit of Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel and Ramsdale work really well together.
They all improve each other.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Gabriel is out most important defender IMO.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk