Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Benjamin White (4)

Postby Reiss » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:18 am

White at RB when Tomi is injured could be good. He has the build up play and now that we have Saliba we won't miss him in the middle.

Prefer him at RB to Cedric anyway.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby #ST » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am

UFGN wrote:
Losmeister wrote:"also of the opinion that White could do a similar job as to what Elneny has done in the absence of Partey and anchor the base of the midfield."

this is my thought since last year

But he's one of our principal centre backs. We need him to play at centre back

Granted he is quite offensively minded for a CB but we need him at CB. Especially if Gabriel goes

Yeah IF Gabriel goes, you are right. But if he doesnt, and I hope he doesnt, then it should be Gabriel - Saliba with White covering for both of 'm while also covering for Tomi ( which would mean he'd be playing most of the time anyway, since our Japanese superstar has proved to be quite unlucky/frail)

Since Zinchenko will be cover for our OTHER frail guy this would limit Cedric to subs/cups which is PERFECT. Nuno I dont want to see anywhere NEAR any meaningful match.

So yeah, I dont DISLIKE White perse, I just see potential in Saliba and rather ride the Saliba wave and see where that takes us. White will have plenty of gametime anyway and if Tomi is fit and Tierney isnt, Id rather have White over Xhaka to be fair.

Basically I want White covering, I dont mind him in the shirt at all. Xhaka to be limitted to subs/cups is my dream and Nuno gone. Cedric is average as Hell but he can be cover of the cover that I dont mind.

:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: Read all of that Edu? Lets get to work.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:43 am

Play a back three or Gabriel, Saliba and White and send the wing backs forward to attack.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby #ST » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:47 am

swipe right wrote:Play a back three or Gabriel, Saliba and White and send the wing backs forward to attack.

Doesnt sound bad at all and we can definitely use that in 1 or 2 big matches where we need some extra defense ( Liverpool/City away ) but for every game that would mean we'd have NO meaninful cover at all.

Tomiyasu RWB - White - Gabriel - Saliba - Tierney LWB

Its an amazing back 5 but we shouldnt put all our cards on the field for EVERY game. We are way too unlucky with injuries to be doing that.
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @09-03-'24 = 2 - 1 Brentford
Next game @03-04-'24 = VS Luton [ Block 121 - Seat 847 ]
#ST

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:33 am

#ST wrote:
swipe right wrote:Play a back three or Gabriel, Saliba and White and send the wing backs forward to attack.

Doesnt sound bad at all and we can definitely use that in 1 or 2 big matches where we need some extra defense ( Liverpool/City away ) but for every game that would mean we'd have NO meaninful cover at all.

Its an amazing back 5 but we shouldnt put all our cards on the field for EVERY game. We are way too unlucky with injuries to be doing that.

True but if can't find buyers for some of our fringe players, we'll have enough cover.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:50 pm

#ST wrote:

I'd prefer that but ............

All indicators are that clearly Arteta is going to be using the same 4-2-3-1 as last year.

Remember we've invested in Odegaard and Vieira so that no10 spot is going nowhere, you can still play it in a 3-4-1-2 but Arteta has been using 4-2-3-1 in every game during pre-season so no signs of a change there.

We actually don't have the CB's numbers wise to play 5 atb for all comps anyway, not when we're looking to get rid of Mari.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:41 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
#ST wrote:

I'd prefer that but ............

All indicators are that clearly Arteta is going to be using the same 4-2-3-1 as last year.

Remember we've invested in Odegaard and Vieira so that no10 spot is going nowhere, you can still play it in a 3-4-1-2 but Arteta has been using 4-2-3-1 in every game during pre-season so no signs of a change there.

We actually don't have the CB's numbers wise to play 5 atb for all comps anyway, not when we're looking to get rid of Mari.

Technically we do not including Mari

Tomiyasu, Niles, Cedric, Bellerin RB/RWB

Tierney, Zinchenco, Tavares LB/LWB

Gabriel, Saliba, White, Holding, Walters, Tierney, Tomiyasu

As much as we want to get rid of half of those players it’s easier said than done most of them will still be here. If we have to deploy a 3 at the back without KT/Tomiyasu, players like Tavares, Bellerin and Cedric aren’t liabilities in that system.

Arteta is set on 4-3-3, but as for big games we certainly have the squad to use it every now and again
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reiss » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:55 am

Chelsea about to sign Cucurella from Brighton for 50m. Wonder if there'll be the same outrage?
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby 22-0 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:06 am

Why would i care about what chelsea does?
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:53 am

22-0 wrote:Why would i care about what chelsea does?

Lol exactly
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:21 am

Ach wrote:
22-0 wrote:Why would i care about what chelsea does?

Lol exactly

Baffling ....... he just gets weirder and weirder.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Rastayouth » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:12 am

Had a few misplaced passes but did very well to contain Zaha while playing in a new position. Happy with the Tomi/White pairing, both possessing the versatility to invert or play in a back 3.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:25 am

Rastayouth wrote:Had a few misplaced passes but did very well to contain Zaha while playing in a new position. Happy with the Tomi/White pairing, both possessing the versatility to invert or play in a back 3.

Yeah, he did well and worked hard to contain Zaha. Players around him also did a good job supporting him. A real physical test for him. Lots of chasing and thought he'd soon get caught out. You could see how Zinchenko started to struggle on the opposite side and needed subbing off.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:00 pm

Can he play DM in an emergency?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:03 pm

He's also likely to be out on Sunday.