Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Benjamin White (4)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:28 am

swipe right wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:Another solid performance. If he keeps it up he may end up being a really good signing which will upset many on here.

50 mil for a maybe? Heavens help us.

It was solid, but not great. He kept giving the ball away when trying to bring it out. For £50m I expect far far better. It was an ok performance, for me.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:30 am

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:Another solid performance. If he keeps it up he may end up being a really good signing which will upset many on here.

50 mil for a maybe? Heavens help us.

It was solid, but not great. He kept giving the ball away when trying to bring it out. For £50m I expect far far better. It was an ok performance, for me.

I don’t want to trigger Jay and Silent Phil, but he lost the ball and it luckily fell to ESR. On another day that’s a counter attack with watford scoring at the other end.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:55 am

^lol
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Time to pull the plug?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Ach wrote:Time to pull the plug?

^troll
yawn.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

^troll

:doh:

This is it?

This is how you react to your boy managing yet another shit show lol

Who needs spuds
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Ach wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

^troll

:doh:

This is it?

This is how you react to your boy managing yet another shit show lol

Who needs spuds

Yes that's it.
That is what you are doing and what you are.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:17 pm

50 mil. Jesus wept.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Was that a good performance, no.

But lets not forget they were up against one of the most potent and hard pressing attacks in football.

Basically Klopp as a manager and the players he moulds are too much us, we shouldn't be getting beat 4-0 but half of those goals were actually Nuno's fault so White wasn't really at "fault" for the goals its just that White and Gabby got overrun due to mistakes being made by our Full backs.

I know what you mean though, sometimes White looks dodgey under pressure, but overall, he's doing ok, he should only improve as he gets more comfortable ......... rather him than Holding or Mari that's for sure.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:54 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Was that a good performance, no.

But lets not forget they were up against one of the most potent and hard pressing attacks in football.

Basically Klopp as a manager and the players he moulds are too much us, we shouldn't be getting beat 4-0 but half of those goals were actually Nuno's fault so White wasn't really at "fault" for the goals its just that White and Gabby got overrun due to mistakes being made by our Full backs.

I know what you mean though, sometimes White looks dodgey under pressure, but overall, he's doing ok, he should only improve as he gets more comfortable ......... rather him than Holding or Mari that's for sure.

Correct, Mate. I think he played better than some other players like Partey, Sambi and ESR.

Most of his below average games for us were when all the team had a bad game. All our players were abysmal against Brentford and were below average against Palace and Brighton.
Plus, it is always hard to do well when the team chose the wrong approach and strategy.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:57 pm

Fran Solo wrote:

Correct, Mate. I think he played better than some other players like Partey, Sambi and ESR.

Most of his below average games for us were when all the team had a bad game. All our players were abysmal against Brentford and were below average against Palace and Brighton.
Plus, it is always hard to do well when the team chose the wrong approach and strategy.

White, smith Rowe and lokanga were good at Brighton
Aubameyang and lacazette were good against Crystal palace
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fran Solo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:

White, smith Rowe and lokanga were good at Brighton
Aubameyang and lacazette were good against Crystal palace

Ok. Maybe, you rate his performance against Brighton. I don't think he played badly either, but a lot of fans said we brought the wrong CB after that game. Lol.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:04 am

Mediocre defender but played some sumptuous forward balls. One in particular that released Martinelli was a worldie. Need to see more of that.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:54 am

swipe right wrote:Mediocre defender but played some sumptuous forward balls. One in particular that released Martinelli was a worldie. Need to see more of that.

Hard to do that often when the whole team were instructed to defend everytime we took the lead.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:49 pm

I think he's really looking good on the whole, he did dive in once at Ronaldo and completely took himself out of the game which I didn't understand at all, but other than that he was pretty solid and has been better in the air lately.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk