Benjamin White (4)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Benjamin White (4)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:30 am

Ach wrote:So you think Ben White is at the level of those 3 or you think they all play in the same position?

Maybe both

After all your football knowledge is hilarious.

But but Arteta bought him so he must be good so says the leader of the Arteta can do no wrong brigade

That you have to change your argument to some mental gymnastics about how its ok for some players to not watch football, but not others just makes this whole attack line even more funny. That you think a players development has anything to do with how much they watch it on TV is even more hilarious.

Like I said.

Ben White 1-0 Ach.
I am very confident he'll be keeping a clean sheet against you if this is all you have. :biggrin:
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:31 am

"I don't think adapting to a big club was a reason for my slow start. It didn't feel like a big club when I came here.

Another quote from Ben White.

Admits himself he's had a slow start

But Mr he's an arteta signing so must be good says he's been brilliant.

180 on White incoming
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:32 am

Ach wrote:
"I don't think adapting to a big club was a reason for my slow start. It didn't feel like a big club when I came here.

Another quote from Ben White.

Admits himself he's had a slow start

But Mr he's an arteta signing so must be good says he's been brilliant.

180 on White incoming

Switching attack lines now, eh?
Benjamin has got you off balance. :biggrin:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:35 am

This is great to watch.

The squirming is hilarious. Your argument been blown out of the water once again

And this time by the guy you love.

I just have to sit here and watch and do nothing whilst you squirm
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:35 am

Ach wrote:This is great to watch.

The squirming is hilarious. Your argument been blown out of the water once again

And this time by the guy you love.

I just have to sit here and watch and do nothing whilst you squirm

:rofll:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:48 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:Doesn't watch or know anything about football apparently! Doesn't even know anything about Vieira.
Not sure I trust a player that doesn't like football

Just seen his interview. It's a bit odd. I don't mind the bit about him not watching as a kid but he still doesn't watch now. That part about switching off after he's played and not really following the sport....what keeps him motivated and wanting to be the best? What will it mean for him to play the NLD? To win the Premier League? Not sure if that sort of detachment is helpful.

2018:
Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted that he does not watch football at home but hopes to win his Ballon d'Or award. The 33-year-old is known to be a workaholic and has an insatiable appetite for success, who is constantly striving to improve. Ronaldo admits he completely switches off once he leaves the football scene while his dedication on the training pitch is total.

:sneaky2:

I daresay many footballers are the same.
Still, I guess the anti-Arteta agenda knows no bounds. :dontknow:

Most players grew up watching the game at least. Ronaldo grew up watching his local team and is a different animal anyway. But once again, you have misunderstood and put up bad examples. Tevez and Bale are two examples of what I'd worry about with Ben White. Mercenary like behaviour and giving up on the game when it gets tough.

After ditching Utd for City, which is bad enough, Tevez went AWOL mid-season. He nearly retired from football after his strop and could have kept playing at a high level in his late 20s early 30s but chose semi retirement by playing in China and Argentina.

Bale was content to play golf instead of fighting for his place or to move away from Real Madrid. I doubt Ben White would follow in the same sort of footsteps but you never know. I think it helps more when players have genuine love for the game to keep them anchored when the going gets tough. It doesn't mean Ben White won't have a successful career but having no interest in football as a kid or now isn't the norm.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:58 am

Ach wrote:So you think Ben White is at the level of those 3 or you think they all play in the same position?

Maybe both

But but Arteta bought him so he must be good so says the leader of the Arteta can do no wrong brigade

I think it's possible for him to turn out to be talented player. For me, I just wonder how he feels about things like the North London Derby, is football just about the money for him, would he pull a Sol Campbell on us....Will he turn out like Bellerin, another player who isn't as focused on football...it just sparks a lot of questions for me.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:21 pm

Power n Glory wrote:

Maybe both

I think it's possible for him to turn out to be talented player. For me, I just wonder how he feels about things like the North London Derby, is football just about the money for him, would he pull a Sol Campbell on us....Will he turn out like Bellerin, another player who isn't as focused on football...it just sparks a lot of questions for me.

We can only judge how he does on the field.
Whether he watches football on TV is entirely irrelevant to whether he gets into a NLD.
He's played one now and he did rather well.
That's what matters.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:Doesn't watch or know anything about football apparently! Doesn't even know anything about Vieira.

Just seen his interview. It's a bit odd. I don't mind the bit about him not watching as a kid but he still doesn't watch now. That part about switching off after he's played and not really following the sport....what keeps him motivated and wanting to be the best? What will it mean for him to play the NLD? To win the Premier League? Not sure if that sort of detachment is helpful.

2018:
Cristiano Ronaldo has insisted that he does not watch football at home but hopes to win his Ballon d'Or award. The 33-year-old is known to be a workaholic and has an insatiable appetite for success, who is constantly striving to improve. Ronaldo admits he completely switches off once he leaves the football scene while his dedication on the training pitch is total.

Most players grew up watching the game at least. Ronaldo grew up watching his local team and is a different animal anyway. But once again, you have misunderstood and put up bad examples. Tevez and Bale are two examples of what I'd worry about with Ben White. Mercenary like behaviour and giving up on the game when it gets tough.

After ditching Utd for City, which is bad enough, Tevez went AWOL mid-season. He nearly retired from football after his strop and could have kept playing at a high level in his late 20s early 30s but chose semi retirement by playing in China and Argentina.

Bale was content to play golf instead of fighting for his place or to move away from Real Madrid. I doubt Ben White would follow in the same sort of footsteps but you never know. I think it helps more when players have genuine love for the game to keep them anchored when the going gets tough. It doesn't mean Ben White won't have a successful career but having no interest in football as a kid or now isn't the norm.

I'd rather someone was more interested in playing than watching - as BW said.
We are also not talking about 'watching the game'. he said he didn't watch it on TV.
Who knows how many local games he played in or watched as a kid.
He seems like someone who was dedicated to participation not being a spectator.

If you are trying to suggest that players like Bale and Tevez eventually went 'bad' because they didn't watch football on TV, you are reaching badly.

Seriously the physco analysis is fascinating and all, but you don't have the first clue about being or becoming a professional level footballer.

BW has reached an incredibly high level of the game and if he did that by dedicating his time to playing as opposed to watching - then great.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

2018:

We are also not talking about 'watching the game'. he said he didn't watch it on TV.

If you are trying to suggest that players like Bale and Tevez eventually went 'bad' because they didn't watch football on TV, you are reaching badly.

Seriously the physco analysis is fascinating and all, but you don't have the first clue about being or becoming a professional level footballer.

BW has reached an incredibly high level of the game and if he did that by dedicating his time to playing as opposed to watching - then great.

Nobody here does. But when has that stopped an opinion?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

2018:

Nobody here does. But when has that stopped an opinion?

Opinion is one thing - even if it is uninformed nonsense.
Football week in week out on TV is actually fairly recent in football in this country
I wonder how all those Arsenal lads of yesteryear ever got to care about a NLD - unless MOTD and The Big Match were the motivating factors to care about the NLD as a player? :rolleyes:

But when claims are made that our player only cares about money and that we should drop and sell him all because he doesn't watch games on TV it goes beyond opinion and into complete farce that deserves to be called out as such.

3 clean sheets in 5 and 3 goals conceded in 5.
I'll take that, thanks.
Keep doing what you are doing Benjamin and ignore the Arteta haters that have it in for you because he signed you, and will use just about anything to attack you with - that would be my message to him. I hope that is how he feels and understands this crap is flung from just a small minority of fans.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Santi wrote:Haven't seen the interview but how can you be a top level footballer and not be that interested in the sport?

Weird af.

Yup, definitely weird. The only player similar I remember was David Batty who said he didn't even like football ....
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:04 pm

You would have to find the part where I have claimed any of that on Ben White. I've said I hope he doesn't follow down the path of the two of the players you mentioned who have made those sort of decisions. I just find it odd and it sparks questions for me.

Come on, Jay. You can do better than that!
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:17 pm

It is definitely weird. As kids you fantasise about playing for your favourite team, without that fantasy which pushes desire to play and become good how do you get into football in the first place. In fact, lets widen it to all sports in general. Kids play sports to emulate their heroes or because they are pushed by their parents. To this day I have NEVER seen an interview with a young sports person who didn't have an idol.

Assuming you are not forced to play a sport, why would you play a sport if you didn't have an interest in it ? If you have an interest in it, how did you get that interest ? You turn 16 and have that youthful excitement, going to a pro club with your teammates, eager to try new tricks, the hunger, desire and excitement are still there. You sign pro forms and can't wait for the day that you get to play for the first team. Up until this point I cannot imagine that a player doesn't watch football away from the football pitch. Now consider how young Ben White is, I find it incredible, unbelievable even, that BW has no interest in football outside of football .... at his age.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Power n Glory wrote:You would have to find the part where I have claimed any of that on Ben White. I've said I hope he doesn't follow down the path of the two of the players you mentioned who have made those sort of decisions. I just find it odd and it sparks questions for me.

Come on, Jay. You can do better than that!

If White becomes as good as Bale or Tevez in his respective position, I'll be happy. That would be great.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk