Arsenal look to Brazil for partnership agreement...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Arsenal look to Brazil for partnership agreement...

Postby emmagicaleboue » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:05 pm

- Arsenal are in talks with Brazil's Figueirense about a partnership agreement.

The Gunners had two representatives spend a week with Figueirense last month running their eye over the club's impressive academy facilities and working with coaching staff to identify potential signings.

A Figueirense delegation, which included managing director Rodrigo Prisco Paraiso, has also visited London to discuss a collaboration agreement with Arsenal powerbrokers.

Always a fan of these sorts of arangments, opportunity to shotgun decent young talent! Apparantly we have our eye on 'Pedro' - Brazilian under 17 international. He's had trials and our scout over there seems to think he could cut the mustard in the premiership!

We could do with a bit of flair at the moment as well, our team seems to be lacking players who can actualy beat people with skill, seem to be relying all to much on one touch passing.
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:34 pm

What's the point? Don't UK immigration laws make it virtually impossible to get young talent? We'll need to find back door entries like we're trying with Vela.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Carlos Vela is Mexican. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby emmagicaleboue » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:39 pm

i'm not too sure on all the details...but a lot of it depends on caps for country etc. for example, we managed to get denilson over here before he had a full international cap.
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Carlos Vela is Mexican.

I know. :D but I think the rules are same for most of Latin America. That's why most of the good young players from South America end up getting scouted by continental sides.

emmagicaleboue wrote:i'm not too sure on all the details...but a lot of it depends on caps for country etc. for example, we managed to get denilson over here before he had a full international cap.

Yeah, how did we do that? Maybe U-18 caps count as well. :P

Dodgy rules. :roll:
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 pm

I was thinking the same about the internation caps it must be at any level, but at teh same time dont they have to play somthing like 75% of games to retain the permit.

Its a sketchy area for me & not 100% sure.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fordy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:23 pm

This can only be a good thing if arsenal only get one player every 2 years it is worth it.
Fordy

Return to Arsenal Talk