WALCOTT

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

WALCOTT

Postby left right left » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:11 pm

we all seem to forget about him!

can anyone see him getting a starting line up this season? can he or T/R play on the left??

i,m not sure he will play apart this season, only in the carling cup
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fordy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:13 pm

I think there was too much hype about him too early now people expect too much. He will be a grate player but needs time but saying that i can see him playing a good few games this season.
Fordy

Postby emmagicaleboue » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:57 pm

i think he will definetly play a big part this season. people gave him a fair bit of stick last season but i thought he did incredibly well and got a few assists to his name not to mention that awesome goal in the carling cup final.

if you watch the games he played last season as well, you'll notice that every time he got the ball, the opposition close him down with at least 2 players as everyone knows you can't afford to let him stretch his legs. his awareness wasn't great last season and so he often got closed down effectively. however, i think with a bit of work, he will learn how to gain himself that extra yard needed (how ronaldo or thierry or even lennon does) and once he's away, there's obviously no catching him.

i'm expecting big things from him this season provided he can get his control and awareness up to premiership standards.

give him the number 14 shirt!!!
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:45 am

I think his problem is that despite his pace, he has not mastered the art of accelerating away from defenders at the right time.

Still, like eboue pointed out, he got a good few assists to his name, and was effective at times. He will definitely play a part this season.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CLS » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:34 am

im thinking he will get a few starts this season,and if he plays well who knows
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 am

Don't forget he was playing whilst injured last season.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:03 pm

I think we'll see more of him next season too, wouldnt be suprised if he plays as a winger.

Havent heard nothing about any setbacks from his shoulder op, so assume everything is hunky dory!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Arsenal_4_Life » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:08 pm

i think well definately see more of him, he showed promise last year with that great goal against chelsea and a few assists in the league, and i think he can only get better.
Arsenal_4_Life
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gunnermikey » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:22 pm

judging by how dull hleb has been im surprised walcott's not in the first team already over hleb.
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Hleb may be 'dull' to alot but he has an excellent work rate...give him time.
Most players take a season or two before they settle properly.

Look at Henry when he 1st joined us. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby gunnermikey » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:39 pm

hleb aint exactly young he's 26, he's had all the time he's gonna get. i've always got the impression that the rest of the team is too fast for him, and while we have more skilled players such as theo we should at least not give hleb as much first team football as he's been getting. he does have his good moments so maybe we shouldn't sell him straight away, maybe give him a little more time, but for now, keep him back, give theo some more action, there's no doubt he deserves it
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby ScottishLass » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:14 pm

gunnermikey wrote:hleb aint exactly young he's 26, he's had all the time he's gonna get. i've always got the impression that the rest of the team is too fast for him, and while we have more skilled players such as theo we should at least not give hleb as much first team football as he's been getting. he does have his good moments so maybe we shouldn't sell him straight away, maybe give him a little more time, but for now, keep him back, give theo some more action, there's no doubt he deserves it

Hleb's 26 meaning he has another 2 years before he hits his prime.. he has showed what he is capable of when he plays well.. now its just to get him consistant. Much more useful than Walcott at the moment in my opinion. What exactly has walcott done to warrant a place over a very hard working player? To be honest I feel its still far too early for Walcott.. i'd loan him out for 2 seasons then get him back in and give him his shot.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:14 pm

gunnermikey wrote:hleb aint exactly young he's 26, he's had all the time he's gonna get. i've always got the impression that the rest of the team is too fast for him, and while we have more skilled players such as theo we should at least not give hleb as much first team football as he's been getting.

Hleb was our best player before Christmas.

All he needs to add to his game is consistancy.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby emmagicaleboue » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 pm

To be fair, Hleb was looking very decent before xmas. I would certainly agree that he needs consistency though!! More importantly, I'd rather see him develop some end product!!
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Libertine » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:13 am

emmagicaleboue wrote:To be fair, Hleb was looking very decent before xmas. I would certainly agree that he needs consistency though!! More importantly, I'd rather see him develop some end product!!

I'm with you, i'd love to see him get a few more goals.

Although, he's not the only one in the midfield we could say that about.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk