Arsenal board hands Wenger £30M warchest

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Postby Fordy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:01 pm

At the end of the day if a player wants out you have to sell them
Fordy

Postby CLS » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:18 pm

good points about cole, but i personally think henry was good for our team and a lot of the younger player were learning a lot from him and admired him greatly.
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby emmagicaleboue » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:26 pm

yeah i definetly agree that people like walcott and adebayor could have and probably did learn a lot from henry. he was and still is a class act.

i just think his style as a captain wasn't the best and he often let his frustrations plain to see on the pitch. if you're a young player, say diaby or denilson, and one of the best players in the world is giving you dissapointed looks because your pass to him wasn't up to scratch, it's got to be intimidating. a lot of people would argue...surely henry is more important than the young players though?!...i would disagree and believe wenger is the best man to make these judgments and he obviously holds more value in his collection of super talented youngsters as opposed to one player well on the wrong side of 25.

watch this space, gilberto as captain next year...he'll encourage the youngsters and provide a calming influence allowing them to perform without the constraints of fear and intimidation!
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CLS » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:32 pm

there was a lot of game last season were henry was a sulk and was well below par so let look to the future and chin up and hopefully fingers cross this is the start of a new and exciting era,

young guns :flag: :flag:
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby emmagicaleboue » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:36 pm

that's the spirit!!

it's a new era now. vieira, pires, bergkamp and cole are all long gone and henry was the only one left from that era really. no place for him now!
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk