Tribute ~ Fave Thierry Goals

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Tribute ~ Fave Thierry Goals

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:51 pm

This is more of a tribute thread, so NO BITCHING!
If you aint got nothing good to say dont say it in here there other threads to air your angers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive no hard feelings towards Thierry, he has given us 8 glorious years & many a memory to smile about, there are soooo many, infact probably too many to list my personal favourites are:

The Final salute at Highbury, when he kissed the Highbury turf
THAT night in the San Siro he made Zanetti look like an amatuer!
The backheel flick against Charlton
Stunning Volley against Utd
That run against Sp**s
Breaking Wrighty's Record in Prague, although i recall him saying he would have rather done it in front of he Highbury crowd!
And last but not least the "T" celebration for his newly born daughter Tea.

Thierry was once quoted as saying "I want people to remember my name"
That is something that he has most definatley achieved.
Thierry will always be a legend in my eyes, I wish him all the best for the future in both his professional & personal life.
Hope to see him at the Emirates some time soon cheering us on.

I strongly believe he should be given a testimonial of some kind, after all he IS one of the greatest players to have worn our shirt (as well as DB10!) & he as well as the supporters should have the opportunity to say Goodbye properly.

Au revior Thierry & Merci.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby gunnermikey » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:59 pm

thanx for eight years or glory for arsenal and frustration for spurs, manks, chelski etcetra
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Thank you Thierry for all!!!!

Postby Berlingunner » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Thierry Henry is for me the greatest off all time at Arsenal. He is the best goalscorer! He score so many unbelievable and magnificent goals in his career as a Gunner. The performance that Thierry did in the games was marvelous.

I say to Thierry thank you for eight glory years!!!

Thierry is for every time in my Gunner heart!!!

Adieu Thierry

:flag:

We love you Arsenal, we do
Oh Arsenal we love you!!!
Berlingunner
Michael Thomas

Postby Piston Broke » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:50 am

not forgetting his hatrick against the car thieves :mrgreen:

CYA TH14 you will be missed :cry:
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:31 pm

Don't forget how he raped Real! Le God!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunflash » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:40 pm

The flick-up and volley over Barthez was extraordinary. It was pure genius and pure instinct. My personal favourite was his second goal against Liverpool in 2004 when we were wobbling a bit but came through 4-2. The way Henry swerved through and Hamman and Carragher crashed into each other was priceless. I also liked his goal against Chelsea in the FA Cup when he went through, pirouetted and left Cudicini facing the wrong way and clutching air. And who can ever forget the backheel against Charlton? Did he ever score a scrappy goal? The only one I can remember was against Fulham during the last Double season. Lauren headed it against the bar and the ball came back and hit Henry on the knee as he was sliding in. He gave this really funny and apologetic shrug.
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CLS » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:52 pm

the goal againt bartez is my fav along with the spur one from inside our own half.
but i will also missed his cheeky freekicks when he take them when there not ready ,chelsea etc
pure pure genius 8) 8) 8)
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal_4_Life » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:13 pm

his goal against real madrid is probably my favourite, and in the end it put us thru to the next round and also made us the first english team to ever beat real madrid on there own back yard.
Arsenal_4_Life
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Return to Arsenal Talk