The way to take out our woes...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

The way to take out our woes...

Postby rvtheace » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Even at the end of last season, though most Gooners would have felt disappointment, I don't think anyone would have expected to experience this crushing uncertainty over the very foundations of this great club.

Some people like having a scapegoat to focus their frustrations on. If you are such a person, I think we can trace back all the current problems to the takeover bid by Kroenke. That led to the rift in the board, which led to Dein's departure, which has led to Arsene refusing to commit, and ultimately Henry leaving to Barca. What this might bring next is also worrying...

So say it with me chaps: "It's all Kroenke's fault!"
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gunnermikey » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:26 pm

i dont blame kroenke at all. i blame hillwood. dein wanted kroenke in, he wanted to bring arsenal into the future. financially we may struggle to keep up with manks, scousers and chelski without a billionaire of our own.
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby rvtheace » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:42 pm

gunnermikey wrote:i dont blame kroenke at all. i blame hillwood. dein wanted kroenke in, he wanted to bring arsenal into the future. financially we may struggle to keep up with manks, scousers and chelski without a billionaire of our own.

That's one way of looking at it I suppose. But honestly, what good is a billionaire when you could easily buy duds like Shevchenko? MU succeeded because of a kid they bought many seasons ago. Chelsea did better than us because Drogba had an incredible season. What if he had been injured? We lost BOTH our top two attacking players for most of the season. I don't think any team could have dealt with that!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:53 pm

A billionaire take-over would help clear the stadium debts which in turn would give us more money to spend in the transfer market.

No matter what club you are, no matter which big star you sign, there will always be an element of risk, with that player not adapting so that really applies to ALL clubs not just Arsenal. ;)

Chelsea struggled when they lost Terry & Cech so that proves your point there, but we do need to strengthen, no-one could forsee the injuries that we suffered last season.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Arsenal_4_Life » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:44 pm

if a millionaire came in, wenger would stay because of better funds, and he would have the money to buy big names and more unknown talents would be pretty perfect really.
Arsenal_4_Life
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Re: The way to take out our woes...

Postby Libertine » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:11 pm

rvtheace wrote:So say it with me chaps: "It's all Kroenke's fault!"

What the f**k has Kroenke done wrong?
He bought the Sky shares that have been on sale for the last 2 years, ample time for our current board to have bought them.
Don't forget we approached Kroenke, not vice versa.
We bought into his club back in February, so why the fuss when he buys into ours?

Of all the people involved in Deingate, Kroenke is the only one who is completely blameless!
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby emmagicaleboue » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 pm

I really can't believe this thread has been started! This has all been discussed so many times in various other threads!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

At the end of the day Kroenke wants to provide us with capital and the sad fact is, considering the current premiership situation...we could certainly use it.
R.v.P for golden boot 07/08
emmagicaleboue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:50 am

emmagicaleboue wrote:I really can't believe this thread has been started! This has all been discussed so many times in various other threads!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Er, this thread was started before you joined the forum?

At the end of the day Kroenke wants to provide us with capital and the sad fact is, considering the current premiership situation...we could certainly use it.

I was being TONGUE IN CHEEK. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Kroenke at all, but the steps he took towards a takeover were the beginning of our troubles. Not that I care any more, we're making the right moves towards bolstering our strike force, we're off loading players who don't want to play for us, and without too many injuries we'll have a good crack at the title next season. Just one or two injuries to key players of the Mancs and Chelski will make things a lot easier.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Lanchester » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:22 am

If Kroenke would have taken over a year ago, Dein would be here, Henry would be here, Wenger's position would be secure, more funds available, etc. Maybe we did a stadium move too soon, but I hardly blame that from the lack of funds. Hill-Wood has started destroying the club. IMO, the sooner the take over, the better.
Lanchester
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Return to Arsenal Talk