EL QF: Arsenal draw Villarreal in the semi

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: EL QF: Arsenal draw Villarreal in the semi

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 27, 2021 9:10 am

Man U were shite yesterday, tells you all you need to know about that.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Thu May 27, 2021 10:08 am

theHotHead wrote:Man U were shite yesterday, tells you all you need to know about that.

They were shit because The Don sent out a HIGHLY motivated team with clear instructions and they mostly snuffed out Manures best efforts. They scored a good goal too.....that free kick was right on the money!

Their penalties were awesome!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm

ag6789 wrote:We bow to the Don Unai for destroying our midfield, get us a heavy hiding from rivals Chelski and then almost relegating us and finally taking his great Villareal to the 7th in the Great La Liga. Please take your Sancho Panchos from this site to your astounding realm in Espana. Hail to thee.

He was sacked with us in 8th place with 25 matches to go. 58 matches later, here we still are.

I suppose you could say Arteta 'kept us in the PL' ( i.e. managed to not get relegated) while relegating us out of Europe after a 25 year stay.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 27, 2021 5:29 pm

Well done To Emery, treated badly at Arsenal in the end, it was time for him to go but he never got full support. It’s good to see he’s back to winning ways.

Far superior to the man who replaced him and outperformed him but despite this lost his job when the other guy has had full support and hasn’t.

It’s a disgrace to be honest.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 27, 2021 5:31 pm

ag6789 wrote:We bow to the Don Unai for destroying our midfield, get us a heavy hiding from rivals Chelski and then almost relegating us and finally taking his great Villareal to the 7th in the Great La Liga. Please take your Sancho Panchos from this site to your astounding realm in Espana. Hail to thee.

He barely got any money to spend and was treated poorly by the club, the guy that has replaced him has done worse, cemented out place in midtable in the last two seasons but still has his job.

Amazes me how one gets treated a certain way and other gets a free pass, it’s double standards.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 pm

I'm still trying to work out what a Sancho Pancho is
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:41 pm

Associate of Don Quixote. Read some literature.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Rockape wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Man U were shite yesterday, tells you all you need to know about that.

They were shit because The Don sent out a HIGHLY motivated team with clear instructions and they mostly snuffed out Manures best efforts. They scored a good goal too.....that free kick was right on the money!

Every penalty bar De Gea's was decent. I thought half the players that went up would fluff them but they didn't. Hoped no black player missed (cos I knew they would get racial abuse online), De Gea missed but Rashford is the one getting all the abuse :dontknow:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 27, 2021 7:42 pm

Rockape wrote:

Yep.

Have to say from seeing Villarreal against us and Utd, especially after JayRam saying they're worse than Fulham and a pub team, actually, didn't he compare them to Scunthorpe??

Anyway, I saw a composed, organised, motivated team who go about their work in a mature and assured fashion, even under pressure.

Yes they park the bus at times (well a lot of the time), that's because they know their limitations and there's nothing wrong with that, why try to out play the likes of City or PSG if they have better attacking players?

Emery has done a really good job with Villarreal and maybe the non language barrier has helped, I've noticed as well he's tactically changed to a 4-4-2 defend / counter.

........... basically, he may of not been the answer for us but he's better than Arteta.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Thu May 27, 2021 10:43 pm

Ach wrote:I'm still trying to work out what a Sancho Pancho is

Sancho Panza
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Thu May 27, 2021 10:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Yep.

Have to say from seeing Villarreal against us and Utd, especially after JayRam saying they're worse than Fulham and a pub team, actually, didn't he compare them to Scunthorpe??

Anyway, I saw a composed, organised, motivated team who go about their work in a mature and assured fashion, even under pressure.

Yes they park the bus at times (well a lot of the time), that's because they know their limitations and there's nothing wrong with that, why try to out play the likes of City or PSG if they have better attacking players?

Emery has done a really good job with Villarreal and maybe the non language barrier has helped, I've noticed as well he's tactically changed to a 4-4-2 defend / counter.

........... basically, he may of not been the answer for us but he's better than Arteta.

He has a history of doing well with mid table Spanish teams. Sort of like Roy Hodgson does with English teams. Where Emery has struggled is moving up to the top teams in the bracket where the pressure from fans, players and others within the clubs management system is great. There are many people who do great at smaller objectives but fumble when the moment to step up arrives.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu May 27, 2021 10:54 pm

He was PSGs best ever manager win percentage wise.

Got them Neymar as well.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 27, 2021 10:57 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Yep.

Crap team won a crap tournament.
I saw Wigan win the FA Cup once and Greece win the Euro's.
The EL is gold to crap teams to grab a bit of the limelight, like Sevilla and now Villareal.
Super. No way Villareal survive relegation if they played in the PL.
I heard they take good pens, though - much needed for small teams playing the bigger clubs.
Emery found his level, though, so good for him. He can be happy there.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Thu May 27, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Thu May 27, 2021 11:00 pm

:rofll:

Got to love jay. He has no qualms in showing his lack of education about football and you have to respect it whilst laughing.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 27, 2021 11:43 pm

Ach wrote::rofll:

Got to love jay. He has no qualms in showing his lack of education about football and you have to respect it whilst laughing.

He's just talking now, no logic, just spouting.

I suppose that's what happens when someone was so cocksure they got backed into a corner and then "Good ebening" happened and made him like a complete tool.

Instead of just saying "I got it wrong" he just keeps on digging, problem is he's dug himself into concrete.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk