EL QF: Arsenal draw Villarreal in the semi

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: EL QF: Arsenal draw Villarreal in the semi

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Ach wrote:Auba must be the only striker ever to have to score every chance he has.

How dare he not score 70+ a season?

Listen to yourself. This hatred has consumed you. Your beloved martinelli and Eddie have done f all this season to oust an off form Auba. He's still our best striker and only one who looked likely to score last night whilst your butt boys did f all and I'm a martinelli fan but he's done nothing this season.

And then Arteta takes Auba off when we need a goal. Auba showed v Benfica he can get a goal late on.

Who would you rather have to try and score? Auba or 2 ineffectual players?

That's on Arteta

You don't understand football. It's been proven time and again. This is just another case of it

There's that overly emotional response from you again.
70 goals - scoring all chances. No one said that, sport.
What have Martinelli and Nketiah got to do with Auba's horror season? Is that how we judge our 'better than RVP, all time great' :rofll: forward now?
Auba should have been playing back up to Laca, not those two, although Martinelli is clearly better than Auba on the left, the only position Auba can play. Given his form he should have bene relegated to the bench quite early in the season. It was pretty obvious after a few games the contract was a mistake and he'd cost us over a season, not just financially.

He's scored 10 PL goals this year and been sh*t, including missing a sitter last night to send us out. He's basically Patrick Bamford light on 350k a week.

Auba was ineffectual last night..hardly touched the ball and when he did he screwed it up.
He was rightly dragged off for his horrific performance. The mistake was starting him in the first place.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri May 07, 2021 4:32 pm

What have they got to do with it?

Simple really. They should have started if they are better than Auba as you laughably think so. Neither did. Whose fault is that?

Can't be Arteta surely cos it's not the managers fault. Who would you blame?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Ach wrote:What have they got to do with it?

Simple really. They should have started if they are better than Auba as you laughably think so. Neither did. Whose fault is that?

Can't be Arteta surely cos it's not the managers fault. Who would you blame?

No , Laca should have started. He's much better than Auba at CF.
The manager made a mistake starting Auba at CF.
Auba screwed up too because despite being a terrible CF, he got a couple of chances to score over 90 minutes and fluffed it. We're out because of Auba's missed sitter. Pretty sure Laca, or Martinelli/Nketiah for that matter would have buried that header so the choice of striker by Arteta was quite irrelevant at that moment.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri May 07, 2021 4:40 pm

Was Laca fully fit?

Should've started both.

Our season depended on the game.

Strikers miss chances. Your beloved RVP missed an absolute sitter v Milan in the CL few years back. Henry CL final, you weren't a fan then but look it up,

I don't hate either player for it. It happens. I don't blame either for the loss either.

But you think Auba should score every chance. And even when he does score, we hear crap from you. It's boring.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Ach wrote:Was Laca fully fit?

Should've started both.

Our season depended on the game.

Strikers miss chances. Your beloved RVP missed an absolute sitter v Milan in the CL few years back. Henry CL final, you weren't a fan then but look it up,

I don't hate either player for it. It happens. I don't blame either for the loss either.

But you think Auba should score every chance. And even when he does score, we hear crap from you. It's boring.

I wouldn't have minded both starting, but Auba on the left. He is completely ineffectual as a CF.
Laca was fit enough to be on the bench - would have been far better to start him and then take him off when he was out of gas, than wait so long to get a proper CF on.

Like I said, this new 70 goal score every chance silliness from you is just an emotional reaction to your hero having a bad season.
I expect Auba to score more than 10 PL goals and come up with the goods in big games - that is what he is paid 350k a week for.
I do not expect him to be traling Patrick Bamford by 4 goals and Chris Wood by 1 goal with 4 PL games left - not for 350k a week thanks.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri May 07, 2021 4:52 pm

Ah the 350k thing. A contract well deserved for what he did for us. That's been done to death and you have no reply to it. Didn't realise it came out of your own pocket. It Doesn't? Then stfu about it especially as you defended Ozil over it and I'm arguably Ozils biggest fan on here. Couldn't give a monkeys what players are paid.

He's not had the best of seasons but all he's done since he's joined is score goals for us. He was due a loss of form. Hopefully he regains it next season and we go on. If not then so be it. That's football.

You keep digging. I don't know why. It makes the day go by though. Keep it up
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 07, 2021 5:42 pm

ag6789 wrote:First leg: we had major injury problems. 2nd leg: midfielders sank the team. Ode and Partey slowed us down and we hardly got out of slumber.
Felt angry at Unai for destroying our midfield before leaving. Getting rid of Ramsey and Mikhi w/o finding any replacements. Haven't recovered from it yet.
Also, amazed at the rationale( Arteta &Co.) of handing the midfield to two unproven and dubious loanees, Ode and Ceb for majority of the season. What a disaster it has been.

What injury problems ??

Leno
Chambers - Holding - Mari - Xhaka
Partey - Ceballos
Saka - Odegaard - Pepe
Smith Rowe

Subs: Bellerin, Gabriel, Willian, Auba, Soares, Luiz, Nelson, Elneny, Nketiah, Ryan, Martinelli, Okwonkwo.

The only horrible position in the back line was Xhaka, there is no bloody way he should be playing LB and most certainly not against a pacy winger. Soares who is not great could've played there and so could Gabriel. Depending on what yo uare looking for Partey and Ceballos in the centre is fine, if you wanted more defensive stability drop Ceballos for Elneny, but between the 3 of them that is not a midfield that should have a problem with Villareal. Supporting the attack Saka, Odegaard and Pepe is fine. the obvious omission was a bonafide striker, this was a tactical error of the highest proportions, ESR as a false 9 was a pathetic sick joke on the part of Arteta and boy did it back fire. You had Martinelli rearing to go and he is on the bench ???? I would have had more understanding if he started Nketiah, at least he has spent all of his professional football life playing the role as a forward. So we didn't have Tierney and Laca, Auba was not fit to start, we had other options but arteta decides to copy Pep like a fassy.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Ach wrote:Ah the 350k thing. A contract well deserved for what he did for us. That's been done to death and you have no reply to it. Didn't realise it came out of your own pocket. It Doesn't? Then stfu about it especially as you defended Ozil over it and I'm arguably Ozils biggest fan on here. Couldn't give a monkeys what players are paid.

He's not had the best of seasons but all he's done since he's joined is score goals for us. He was due a loss of form. Hopefully he regains it next season and we go on. If not then so be it. That's football.

You keep digging. I don't know why. It makes the day go by though. Keep it up

Mate - that I was correct in evaluating that Auba's contract was not worth it is now well known as being spot on.
It's over fella, you got it wrong.
This season has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that we wasted our money.
Unless you think paying a worse striker than Patrick Bamford and Chris Wood 350k a week is value for money. :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 pm

He was given that for what he did for us and it was well deserved. The fact he hasn't continued on his form this season is purely coincidental. You had no idea he wouldn't. You'd have disliked the guy regardless as you have done throughout his time here and been laughed at for it.

You have your agendas and that's more important to you than the club. So be it.

Then you look at someone like me, a genuine fan. There are players I don't rate at all playing for us and would love it if we got rid. What I'd love more is for them to shut me the f**k up and prove me wrong. For the greater good. Which is of course the club. Can you say the same? Lol

You being proved right based purely on coincidence. Is that what you're going with? Really?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 6:09 pm

Ach wrote:He was given that for what he did for us and it was well deserved. The fact he hasn't continued on his form this season is purely coincidental. You had no idea he wouldn't. You'd have disliked the guy regardless as you have done throughout his time here and been laughed at for it.

You have your agendas and that's more important to you than the club. So be it.

Then you look at someone like me, a genuine fan. There are players I don't rate at all playing for us and would love it if we got rid. What I'd love more is for them to shut me the f**k up and prove me wrong. For the greater good. Which is of course the club. Can you say the same? Lol

You being proved right based purely on coincidence. Is that what you're going with? Really?

:rofll:
Classic projection.

The money he is being paid is for this and the next two seasons.
We could have said goodbye , which is what we should have done.
Now we're saddled paying 350k a week for a poor version of Patrick Bamford.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri May 07, 2021 6:16 pm

Defends Ozil but gets on Auba back

But but I'm the hypocrite.

Like I said I don't give a shit what a player is paid. Giving him the new contract was a no brainer. Best striker in the country at the time. The fact he's not produced his form yet is down to a few things. Himself and a shit manager mostly.

He's also had personal problems and malaria. We've already seen you don't give a shit about players off the pitch with your remarks about David Rocastle and Saliba. You're one of those who cares only what happens on the pitch. And here we are coming back to the not understanding the game. Players are humans. What goes on off the pitch can effect them on it whether a fairweather fan like yourself wants to or not.

Ideally he rests up this summer and comes back to the form we know he is capable of. I want this to happen. Can you say the same? Considering you've blasted him after he's scored 31 and 29 in 2 seasons, I doubt it
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri May 07, 2021 6:20 pm

Ach wrote:Defends Ozil but gets on Auba back

But but I'm the hypocrite.

Like I said I don't give a shit what a player is paid. Giving him the new contract was a no brainer. Best striker in the country at the time. The fact he's not produced his form yet is down to a few things. Himself and a shit manager mostly.

He's also had personal problems and malaria. We've already seen you don't give a shit about players off the pitch with your remarks about David Rocastle and Saliba. You're one of those who cares only what happens on the pitch. And here we are coming back to the not understanding the game. Players are humans. What goes on off the pitch can effect them on it whether a fairweather fan like yourself wants to or not.

Ideally he rests up this summer and comes back to the form we know he is capable of. I want this to happen. Can you say the same? Considering you've blasted him after he's scored 31 and 29 in 2 seasons, I doubt it

Giving him a new contract was a mistake as we now know - because the reality of this season spells it out. It's bitter sweet for me really.
I'd have preferred him to have been worth it. Even said I hoped he scored 30+ goals after he signed.. but it is f***ing hilarious to think about all the flack I took for suggesting the contract was a mistake and seeing those that were so eager to throw mud have it land back on them by the bucket load. :rofll:

Giving Ozil a new contract was also a mistake.. that was never the argument with Ozil.
Ozil was exiled from the team and we were still paying him for nothing, yet he was better at creating than what we had - hence the decision to completely exile him was dumb.
If Arteta banished Auba and were still paying him 350k a week that would be wrong too.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby starmandb » Sat May 08, 2021 6:20 pm

aniym wrote:
Angelito wrote:Please beat ManU in the final, Unai.

He won't, which makes this loss all the more frustrating. Villarreal have a poor squad, it's not enough to beat Utd w/ Pogba, Bruno and Cavani all firing.

Yet that team beats us with ease.

Emery didn't even play any mind games, his tactical setup was so predictable. He even lost 3 starting players across the two legs. Galaxy brain Arteta however decided to trial a brand new formation....in each leg! And the rest is history.

We won at old Trafford against a Man Utd team that featured fernandes pogba and Cavani and drew at the emirates
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sat May 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Nuggets wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Odd to see some 'fans' enjoying Villarreal's win.

Just putting credit where credit is due, the best team and the best manager won simple as that. They were supposed to be a pub team and we couldn't beat them, so the joke is on us, sadly.

Supposed to be a pub team?
That pubber thing is not even funny
It is so lazy
Villarreal are mid table premier league level
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sat May 08, 2021 6:33 pm

Ach wrote:Yes 4 games. Should we finish 9th or 10th?

Maybe even bottom half

Seasons over.

We can still get 7th and get in the European conference trophy
I would like to see us in a final with Roma
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk