EL QF: Arsenal draw Villarreal in the semi

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: EL QF: Arsenal draw Villarreal in the semi

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 06, 2021 6:26 am

The sad thing is, yes we are expected to win (fingers crossed) but with this clown of a manager and a team that lacks motivation we don't know what team will turn up and we don't know what team he will pick. I don't think we should underestimate this team, some people think it will be a walkover I don't Emery is not stupid he will defend what he has. It will be an interesting waiting game that's for sure, there sure will be one major meltdown if we lose you can bank on that lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Paddy » Thu May 06, 2021 6:32 am

if we sacked arteta and got in tuchel we would have def got CL through the europa

now we're fighting for our lives to make CL

kroenke's with another costly mistake
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerred » Thu May 06, 2021 7:59 am

Nuggets wrote:The sad thing is, yes we are expected to win (fingers crossed) but with this clown of a manager and a team that lacks motivation we don't know what team will turn up and we don't know what team he will pick. I don't think we should underestimate this team, some people think it will be a walkover I don't Emery is not stupid he will defend what he has. It will be an interesting waiting game that's for sure, there sure will be one major meltdown if we lose you can bank on that lol

Meltdown in what way?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Thu May 06, 2021 9:08 am

Paddy wrote:if we sacked arteta and got in tuchel we would have def got CL through the europa

As if Tuchel would pick Arsenal over Chelsea
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Ach » Thu May 06, 2021 9:22 am

Jedi wrote:
Paddy wrote:if we sacked arteta and got in tuchel we would have def got CL through the europa

Should've sacked Arteta and got Tuchel long before Chelsea became an option
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 06, 2021 9:23 am

Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:The sad thing is, yes we are expected to win (fingers crossed) but with this clown of a manager and a team that lacks motivation we don't know what team will turn up and we don't know what team he will pick. I don't think we should underestimate this team, some people think it will be a walkover I don't Emery is not stupid he will defend what he has. It will be an interesting waiting game that's for sure, there sure will be one major meltdown if we lose you can bank on that lol

Meltdown in what way?

:rofll: just wait and see if we lose lol
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 06, 2021 9:26 am

Nuggets wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Meltdown in what way?

I would expect there to be a wave of 'Arteta out' for sure and the usual spitting of the dummy out at people who expect us to win easily.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Paddy » Thu May 06, 2021 10:42 am

watching chelsea's success year after year, winning trophy after trophy, its frustrating.

we were supposed to be that club when we moved to the emirates. sold a dream but turned into a shower of shite.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerred » Thu May 06, 2021 11:41 am

Nuggets wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Meltdown in what way?

'Arteta out' will ring out, but that will only be louder than it is now, it's simmering in the background anyway. Does anyone really 100% think we will win this? If we win, great, if we lose, meh.
Goonerred

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 06, 2021 11:47 am

Ach wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Should've sacked Arteta and got Tuchel long before Chelsea became an option

Arteta should've been sacked at Christmas ! If they didn't sack him then you wonder what it would take for them to sack him !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 06, 2021 11:49 am

Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Meltdown in what way?

'Arteta out' will ring out, but that will only be louder than it is now, it's simmering in the background anyway. Does anyone really 100% think we will win this? If we win, great, if we lose, meh.

To be honest I fancy our chances of winning this as much as Man U's chances - if we get through tonight, Arteta has actually proven that he can find a way to beat the big clubs, so don't sleep on him in that respect. So if we get to the final, I will expect to win it.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Paddy » Thu May 06, 2021 11:52 am

since winning the europa league against us chelsea have now pushed on and gotten themselves to a CL final

we on the other hand have drifted into mediocrity

a badly run club vs good run club.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Goonerred » Thu May 06, 2021 11:53 am

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerred wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Meltdown in what way?

To be honest I fancy our chances of winning this as much as Man U's chances - if we get through tonight, Arteta has actually proven that he can find a way to beat the big clubs, so don't sleep on him in that respect. So if we get to the final, We could win, but I won't be surprised if we don't win tonight. As for the final, it's a one off game, anything can happen. United are in good form at the moment though.
Goonerred

Postby Rockape » Thu May 06, 2021 11:55 am

So if we get to the final, I will expect to win it.

How can you possibly 'expect' to beat Manure in the Final? They have better players than us and have performed much better as a team this season than we have. The fact that we have beaten them once, should give us confidence, but not expectation!

Anyway.....we have the little matter of getting to the final first!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Thu May 06, 2021 11:58 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Goonerred wrote:

Meltdown in what way?

I would expect there to be a wave of 'Arteta out' for sure and the usual spitting of the dummy out at people who expect us to win easily.

Like you then Jay?

I'm not sure about a meltdown....sure we'll be angry and disappointed with another failure, but this slow slide into mediocrity, with no sign of change, is just depressing. There is no quick fix from here.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk