Of Dien and wenger, some reflections...

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Of Dien and wenger, some reflections...

Postby pirezfan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:47 am

Sigh, I gotta admit I was really naive, I really didn't expect Dien's departure to have grave consequences on the team, I'm sure some of the board members are regretting letting him go, who would have thought our greatest striker and manager would be shaken so much by his departure...in a way, the board has shot itself in the foot....

And if only Wenger brought in a star quality player, rather than relying on his youngsters too much last season, maybe things would have been different, maybe it would have really prevented Titi from leaving...

It breaks my heart for me to hear Henry saying that I'll be a gunner for life, because I know that he is a fiercely loyal person, and we could have kept him with us...if only the board was prudent with their decision with Dien.
once a gooner...ALWAYS A GOONER!!
GO GUNNERS GO!
pirezfan
Patrick Vieira

Postby FloridaGunner87 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:32 am

I get the feeling that Dein will be back with the club if and when the takeover happens. In all fairness to Wenger, the club was leveraged on their brand new stadium, so the big money wasn't there to spend last summer. There are rumors that Wenger has 40 million to spend, so lets hope he does so wisely.

How much can those 2 forwards from Ajax cost?
'I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it' - Nick Hornby
FloridaGunner87
Liam Brady

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:18 am

I Agree FG87, i can see Dein coming back too if Kroneke takes over, Arsenal runs through that mans veins, no-one knows Arsenal like Dein.

The club need to move with the times, initailly i was against any takeover, but if we are going to compete it is absloloutly necesary.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Return to Arsenal Talk