Short but not so sweet!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Short but not so sweet!

Postby Fee » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Club statement - Transfer of Thierry Henry
Arsenal Football Club can confirm that it has reached an agreement with Barcelona for the transfer of Thierry Henry. The deal is subject to a medical and the completion of formalities.

Further information will be available on Arsenal.com in due course.

[ Saturday, June 23, 2007]

:( :( :(
Fee
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rvtheace » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:13 pm

Hopefully, when we get 'more news' it will transpire that we will be receiving above 20 million. Also, I hope we hear Arsene coming out to talk about buying a new striker.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Just read the final interview on Arsenal.com tears in my eyes, lump in my throat.
I believe he does love the club but we cant match his ambitions, Barca admittedly is one of the best sides in the world, tempatation is too much to resist.
After reading that as well as other reports, im more worried about Wenger now, its hard to swallow, think partly the reason for us letting Titi go is so that we dont lose both our star player & manager in the same season, soften the blow a bit, im now convinced Wenger will not sign a new deal, next season will be difficult....but on the other hand our squad could step up to the mark & give Arsene a damn fine reason to stay!

Arsenal Forever :flag:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:07 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Just read the final interview on Arsenal.com tears in my eyes, lump in my throat.
I believe he does love the club but we cant match his ambitions, Barca admittedly is one of the best sides in the world, tempatation is too much to resist.
After reading that as well as other reports, im more worried about Wenger now, its hard to swallow, think partly the reason for us letting Titi go is so that we dont lose both our star player & manager in the same season, soften the blow a bit, im now convinced Wenger will not sign a new deal, next season will be difficult....but on the other hand our squad could step up to the mark & give Arsene a damn fine reason to stay!

Arsenal Forever :flag:

Just read the interview. *sniff* :(
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:20 pm

bollocks to him!!!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby whee » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Right, my thoughts on the matter.

Henry - Arsenal legend, owes us nothing, great service, thanks for the memories.

HOWEVER, blamed his departure on other things, which shouldn't matter to him, tagged us all along, and did f**k all in his final year taking home 5 million.

Cheers then.

Wenger - Legend, always been honest, not tagging us along, but conducting himself with dignity.

2 very contrasting examples of how to depart somewhere.

I'm pretty much certain Wengs will leave at the end of next season.

Who knows, maybe a change will do us good? Instill a bit more passion, grit, and the necessary determination to win a championship?

Or maybe we'l finish below Spurs..... Ergh.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Or maybe we'l finish below Spurs..... Ergh.

Something like that could well be on the cards if Wenger leaves. Achieving success on a budget has been his forte, and there are few around who could do the same.

I think it all hinges on next season. Absolutely crucial for Arsenal Football Club.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Arsenal Talk