Wenger on shortlist to Real Madrid

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Wenger on shortlist to Real Madrid

Postby Trina » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:32 pm

Wenger is on the shortlist for Real Madrid according to skysports.

Dein has gone, now Henry, will Wenger? :?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby rvtheace » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:36 pm

Wenger will stay with us at least for the next season... I'm sure of that.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:52 pm

I dont think he wil go and they shud keep capiello after the season he had for them.
Windass10

Postby rvtheace » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Even if this happens, it won't be for the following season. And if the board behave with sense, and Arsenal achieve success, I seriously doubt Arsene will go anywhere.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:28 pm

rvtheace wrote:Even if this happens, it won't be for the following season. And if the board behave with sense, and Arsenal achieve success, I seriously doubt Arsene will go anywhere.

I think Arsene will remain this year and then take it from there.
Windass10

Postby whee » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:38 pm

Wenger's been on every top European club's shortlist for the last 6 or 7 years, this is no big deal.

Personally, I think he's leaving at the end of next season.

But just thin kabout the confidence boost it would give the youngsters if he was to turn around and sign a 5 year deal next week.

I would jerk off so hard there would be bloodshed.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:40 pm

I dont think Wenger will go this season, he swore he'd see out his contract & i fully expect him to do just that.

I have a feeling he will go at the end of next season as well, the board are muppets, letting Dein walk out is ruining our club, even though Arsene will choose the next director of football for us, the club ran through Deins veins, NO-ONE knows Arsenal like Dein or Arsene himself.

I cant even think of who would be an adequate replacement should Arsene leave next May.

We need a boost right now something to lift our spirits after Thierry's departure.....Arsene signing a new deal would be just perfect. At least we can rest assured that our club will have some form of stability.
I really cant see us signing anyone big while this cloud is hanging over us.
We have lost the pulling power of Henry and any prospective players will look to club stability, no player in his right mind would sign a deal to become uncertain of his future should a new manager come in & want to rebuild the squad to his own specifications with his own ideas.

I believe in the players we have on our books, we need them to give Arsene a good reason to stay!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Windass10 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:18 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I dont think Wenger will go this season, he swore he'd see out his contract & i fully expect him to do just that.

I have a feeling he will go at the end of next season as well, the board are muppets, letting Dein walk out is ruining our club, even though Arsene will choose the next director of football for us, the club ran through Deins veins, NO-ONE knows Arsenal like Dein or Arsene himself.

I cant even think of who would be an adequate replacement should Arsene leave next May.

We need a boost right now something to lift our spirits after Thierry's departure.....Arsene signing a new deal would be just perfect. At least we can rest assured that our club will have some form of stability.
I really cant see us signing anyone big while this cloud is hanging over us.
We have lost the pulling power of Henry and any prospective players will look to club stability, no player in his right mind would sign a deal to become uncertain of his future should a new manager come in & want to rebuild the squad to his own specifications with his own ideas.

I believe in the players we have on our books, we need them to give Arsene a good reason to stay!

I agree with you, This is our current crop to show Arsene we mean business and he should stay.
Windass10

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:04 am

Hmm been thinking, and can anyone seriously see Wenger going to Madrid???

Think about it, at Arsenal, he has a say in all aspects regarding the club, he tells them who he wants, he sent scouts to watch certain players, hell he even goes to watch teams for possible transfer targets himself, you seriously think he'd get to be as involved at Madrid?
Dont think so, the board rule everything at Real, their managers have NO say in who the club brings in.... Dont think that would suit Arsene much..do you? ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:13 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Hmm been thinking, and can anyone seriously see Wenger going to Madrid???

Think about it, at Arsenal, he has a say in all aspects regarding the club, he tells them who he wants, he sent scouts to watch certain players, hell he even goes to watch teams for possible transfer targets himself, you seriously think he'd get to be as involved at Madrid?
Dont think so, the board rule everything at Real, their managers have NO say in who the club brings in.... Dont think that would suit Arsene much..do you? ;)

It's a lose-lose situation worrying about Spain. If Barca beat Real, than Real will sack their man and go for Wenger, if Real beat Barca, Barca will go for Wenger.

So the only thing we can do is hope that we somehow win the League back home! :trophy:
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 pm

Either way RV, in Spain its the board & presidents who control whats goes on with their teams not the manager.....im looking for positves here! ;)

Wengers a man management type of guy he likes to be involved & have a say in what goes on with regards to players & potential players. Cant see him getting that at either club (barca/madrid) the onnly way he would go there is if it was written in his contract that he had the say-so over all things regarding the team.
Cattch my drift? ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Windass10 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Real Madrid wont need Wenger trust me its safe.
Windass10

Postby Amoo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:33 pm

Thats it then we have no worrys Mr Windass tells us so :D
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Return to Arsenal Talk