sky sports say its done

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Postby rvtheace » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:11 pm

:arsenal: Cheers, Titi... thanks for giving us your best years.

If you thought that 16 million is a price tag that is near-impossible to believe, check this out:

Barcelona's vice-president Ferran Soriano, who brokered the deal, admitted recent big-money moves across Europe had dictated that Barca would have pay £16million for Henry.

"There is a certain inflation in the transfer fees with respect to last year," Soriano told Catalan radio station RAC1.

"We can check it [the Henry deal] with the signing of Ribery for Bayern (£17million) and those of Nani and Anderson, who are 18, for Manchester United (£34million).

"There are players who last year cost €10million (£6.7million) and now they cost €15million (£10.1million)."

What the heck is he suggesting, that Henry would have cost 11 million last year? :lol: 16 million is an INFLATED price it seems. haha!

BTW, now we absolutely MUST sign a top quality striker. There has recently been talk on Benni McCarthy being targeted by Chelsea, he might be an option we should look at.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:26 pm

rvtheace wrote::arsenal: Cheers, Titi... thanks for giving us your best years.

If you thought that 16 million is a price tag that is near-impossible to believe, check this out:

Barcelona's vice-president Ferran Soriano, who brokered the deal, admitted recent big-money moves across Europe had dictated that Barca would have pay £16million for Henry.

"There is a certain inflation in the transfer fees with respect to last year," Soriano told Catalan radio station RAC1.

"We can check it [the Henry deal] with the signing of Ribery for Bayern (£17million) and those of Nani and Anderson, who are 18, for Manchester United (£34million).

"There are players who last year cost €10million (£6.7million) and now they cost €15million (£10.1million)."

What the heck is he suggesting, that Henry would have cost 11 million last year? :lol: 16 million is an INFLATED price it seems. haha!

BTW, now we absolutely MUST sign a top quality striker. There has recently been talk on Benni McCarthy being targeted by Chelsea, he might be an option we should look at.

I'd snap my hands off if we can get Benni Mccarthy for 2m honestly he got 18 goals last year aswell wud be a good choice.
Windass10

Postby Eltzadizzle » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Benni McCarthy or David Trezeguet... read up on how he's been slating the club!
Eltzadizzle
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:55 pm

Eltzadizzle wrote:

Benni McCarthy or David Trezeguet... read up on how he's been slating the club!

We need 2 strikers I would say myself really.
Windass10

Postby gunnermikey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:57 pm

i wouldn't mind leroy lita, he was pretty good in the under 21s, and wenger likes em young so he'd probably look at him. fernando torres would be fantastic. every time i see him play he plays fantastic, and he's not gonna win much with athletico.
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby Fordy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:13 pm

torres as liverpool written all over it but it think arsenal will sign someone good they know the fans will expect it
Fordy

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Arsene Wenger will attempt to recruit Carlos Tevez from West Ham or bring back Nicolas Anelka in the wake of striker Thierry Henry's expected departure from the Emirates Stadium to Barcelona
latest rumour from bbc.
I want Nicolas Anelka back please Arsene get him he is the man.
Windass10

Postby gunnermikey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:23 pm

with allardyce gone anelka would probably accept if we asked him to. i reckon bolton will be in the relegation fight next season. anelka won't like that. but i'm not sure if he'd be worth. how old is he?
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby Amoo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:24 pm

gunnermikey wrote:with allardyce gone anelka would probably accept if we asked him to. i reckon bolton will be in the relegation fight next season. anelka won't like that. but i'm not sure if he'd be worth. how old is he?

Past his best thats how old. Lets get someone with a bit of a future another Henry.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gunnermikey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:29 pm

could wenger stretch to robinho maybe? and whatever happened to that really super talented french kid we tried to sign, sunu or sommin like that?
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:31 pm

gunnermikey wrote:with allardyce gone anelka would probably accept if we asked him to. i reckon bolton will be in the relegation fight next season. anelka won't like that. but i'm not sure if he'd be worth. how old is he?

Mikey turned 28 in March he is younger then Henry too, I think he is gunna be the man for us and will comeback.
Windass10

Postby Amoo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:32 pm

I am well with you with Lita! Although he ain't a 90 minute player!! Class player though.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Windass10 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:39 pm

Amoo wrote:I am well with you with Lita! Although he ain't a 90 minute player!! Class player though.

Lita reminds me of Andy Cole decentish player, Nic for me would be fine and another strikers but we need 2 players uptop.
Windass10

Postby gunnermikey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:40 pm

Windass10 wrote:

Mikey turned 28 in March he is younger then Henry too, I think he is gunna be the man for us and will comeback.

"mikey turned 28" sorry when did i turn 28? lol

yeah i'd like lita. i heard wenger was looking at owen and martins. somebody please tell me thats not true
gunnermikey
Michael Thomas

Postby Amoo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:41 pm

I would take either, Owen is a class player still and Martins is class but he needs a manager to give him a kick up the arse because he is lazy.
Last edited by Amoo on Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk