Fábio Vieira (21)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Fabio Vieira

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:05 pm

Massa wrote:[Starmandb]Squad is God[/starmandb]

Signing this guy and Tielemans and suddenly we are creating alot more goals and we have options to rotate/cover for injuries.

I am just happy we are bringing in quality players to raise the squad level.

I dunno. Hopefully, because our forward line is often isolated and disjointed. What I loved about ESR as the 10 is that he'd find the half spaces that would link the play between himself, Saka and Lacazette on the edge of the box. He's also a goal threat. He had a real positive effect on the set up when he stepped in to play as the 10. I don't see that enough from Odegaard and hasn't had the sort of impact on the team. If Vieira can fill that void, then great.

But we'll make life a lot easier for ourselves if we tie up this Jesus deal next. I'm a bit underwhelmed by these sort of 10s..Ozil and Odegaard bought that same hope when we signed them but neither really had a massive impact on our goals. Same problems up front were still there after they signed. I can see a potential repeat of the 'we need more runners/movement ahead of them' argument cropping up.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:25 pm

Ach wrote:Underwhelming but let's see what he can do

Another sideways pass master isn't needed

I don’t know what to make of this one, seems creative but on the other hand he hasn’t played for Portugal and we signed Tavares from there and he was unknown.

Anyway strange one, wouldn’t have been a priority, hopefully we’ll get some others.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:29 pm

He looks more lightweight than Patino.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Ach wrote:Underwhelming but let's see what he can do

Another sideways pass master isn't needed

I don’t know what to make of this one, seems creative but on the other hand he hasn’t played for Portugal and we signed Tavares from there and he was unknown.

Anyway strange one, wouldn’t have been a priority, hopefully we’ll get some others.

Yeah the not playing for Portugal is a weird one.

At 22 you'd expect some caps.

If he helps creativity and boy does it need help then great.

Striker needed now
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:43 pm

footywithuti wrote:Hi everyone, hope all of you are doing well. As someone who watches a lot of the Portuguese league, I wanted to provide some insight into new signing Fabio Vieira. Alongside his team mates Otavio and Vitinha, he’s an incredible talent and someone Liverpool’s highly successful scouting network have been following closely for the last 12 months. I’d love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have in mind. Very exciting move which all Arsenal supporters should be excited above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK4m0BQgJU&t=29s

What's his main position and the formation he's used to? Had a quick a quick scan and looks like he either players as the 10 at the tip of a 4-4-2 diamond or as the second striker up front.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:43 pm

New Bernardo ?
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:50 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:55 pm

Massa wrote:[Starmandb]Squad is God[/starmandb]

Signing this guy and Tielemans and suddenly we are creating alot more goals and we have options to rotate/cover for injuries.

I am just happy we are bringing in quality players to raise the squad level.

We created more goals in a Xhaka-Torreira-Ramsey midfield than we ever have in the Arteta era. Ozil's decline didn't even register if you look at goals scored.

Add up all the missed chances from Auba+Laca last season and we still wouldnt have passed our 2018/19 goal total. The issue isn't the players. And even then, a 22yo brand new to the PL isn't going to move the needle.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:53 pm

Nice to see a creative player joining. We need many more. But doesn’t he play in the same position as Odegard? Wonder where he fits into our starting eleven or if he’s more of a backup to Odegard?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:20 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:What position will he play? Seems like a typical Wenger style 'not really a winger, not really a CM, not really a CF, likes to play in the hole' type.

Classique!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:24 am

UFGN wrote:If he can cover more than one forward position, and do it well, then he's not a bad signing

I do wonder where this leaves ESR though

This is also my concern, insane to think that he was our top scorer (even from coming off the bench more often than not) before he started to lose game time.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:36 am

One of my best mates is a Porto fan, and a very cynical one at that. He's been raving about Vieira and Vitinha for a while now.

Personally very happy that we're adding some much needed creativity, even if I can't quite figure out where it fits in (Martinelli up front maybe?).

The key issue for me this season has been our transition and effectively a lack creativity amongst the CMs. This signing doesn't solve that, so more is needed. Happy with this to start though.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:15 am

Power n Glory wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Massa wrote:VIEIRA WOOAAAH
HE COMES FROM PORTUGAL

HE PLAYS FOR ARSENAL.

The only logic i can see behind this move is if Odegaard stops being a pussyhole and develops into the CM we need next to Partey or we do a 433 with both just ahead of Partey.

He isnt necessarily what we need but hes talented so the potential is there.

Or just drop Odegaard all together if he can't cut it as a CM and this kid turns out to be the more effective 10.

Hopefully he adapts. If we see Xhaka still a key player next year we will just fall short again.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby swipe right » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:04 am

Don’t City play two attacking mids with a holding midfielder? I suppose Arteta wants to replicate that.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:41 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:One more brick in the "young team" wall of excuses.

We need 2 quality forwards not another CM nobody's heard of.

Put in the cross for Porto goal against Liverpool
I watch football being a football fan and that
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk