Fábio Vieira (21)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Fabio Vieira

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:07 pm

Jedi wrote:Yeah this isn't an Odegaard replacement, this is someone who will often play alongside him.

All of these players we're signing can play multiple positions and that's exactly what we need so they can switch around and fill holes when injuries or fatigue happen. No need for subpar bench warmers.

I can get on board with this approach. I am worried about Saka's fitness, especially in the runup to the WC. He hasn't had a break since before the Euros. We need a quality rotation option in his role. I hope he isn't too lightweight for the PL though.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Tubbs » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:30 pm

Good signing needs to put a bit of weight on as he will get hammered in the prem
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:39 pm

Tubbs wrote:Good signing needs to put a bit of weight on as he will get hammered in the prem

Ironic coming from a guy called 'Tubbs'
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:28 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Are we paying £34m for a Saka backup?

His agent is Jorge Mendes, who also helped negotiate the Pepe deal (Pepe has a different agent). Edu about to be taken for a ride again.

No we ain’t
Arsenal might be
A very rich club
Been a fan a long time and it’s still not my dads shop so I remain a fan not a junior accountant

20 years of CL money and a mostly positive net spend made that possible.

We need 4th place or better. That's as simple as the math has to be.

I realize £34m isn't going to get us Alexis Sanchez as it isn't 2014. But is it the best use of the money when we need 2 goalscorers?

Arsenal are worth 2.8 billion pounds
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:55 am

Just replace Senegal with Portugal and we already have the perfect chant for him! ;)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:23 pm

starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:

His agent is Jorge Mendes, who also helped negotiate the Pepe deal (Pepe has a different agent). Edu about to be taken for a ride again.

No we ain’t
Arsenal might be
A very rich club
Been a fan a long time and it’s still not my dads shop so I remain a fan not a junior accountant

I realize £34m isn't going to get us Alexis Sanchez as it isn't 2014. But is it the best use of the money when we need 2 goalscorers?

Which is why Arteta gets to spend £300m to compete in Europa, which better managers have done for a lot less.

AFC financials are open for all to see. Ask yourself if this spending is commensurate with what we are achieving on the field.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:23 pm

Wasn’t that impressed with that reel of highlights of him earlier in this thread, you tube clips usually make players look like world beaters.

Will have to see what he offers but once again I think he’s one for the future rather than a ready made first teamer.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby starmandb » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 pm

starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No we ain’t
Arsenal might be
A very rich club

Which is why Arteta gets to spend £300m to compete in Europa, which better managers have done for a lot less.

AFC financials are open for all to see. Ask yourself if this spending is commensurate with what we are achieving on the field.

I don’t want to
I don’t care about the finances of a very rich club
If it works keep going with the manager if it don’t get rid and go again
Couldn’t give a f**k if we spend Tuppence happny or more than exists in the known universe
My job is to support
I love my job
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Wasn’t that impressed with that reel of highlights of him earlier in this thread, you tube clips usually make players look like world beaters.

Will have to see what he offers but once again I think he’s one for the future rather than a ready made first teamer.

There’s a shock
starmandb

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:07 am

Salibatelli wrote:Wasn’t that impressed with that reel of highlights of him earlier in this thread, you tube clips usually make players look like world beaters.

He is Porto's ESR. Young player that starts some games, come from the bench in some other games, and have real ability to score or make good assists. This is a good signing. For comparison, I'll be angry if we sell ESR for £35 millions.
Off course this should not be our last signing this window.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Reiss » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:37 pm

Really excited to have him in the squad.

His highlight reels look excellent. A quality precision passer with a deadly eye.

We lacked creativity last season so it looks like we're bringing in Jesus and putting creative players behind him.

Looks like we have a stellar plan.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Reiss » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:40 pm

starmandb wrote:
starmandb wrote:

No we ain’t
Arsenal might be
A very rich club

After years of underinvestment in the Wenger years we are doing what we need to do to catch up.

Our squad was wayyy behind so it's good that the board are backing the manager. For example, the summer where we signed no outfield players was ridiculous and it set us back big time.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Reiss wrote:After years of underinvestment in the Wenger years we are doing what we need to do to catch up.

Our squad was wayyy behind so it's good that the board are backing the manager. For example, the summer where we signed no outfield players was ridiculous and it set us back big time.

Wenger not signing a Giroud upgrade cost us the title in 2015/16, as you have said.

Edteta not signing an Aubameyang replacement cost us a CL place this year. We overspent on defensive buys that ended up conceding more goals and losing more games than last year.

I'm feeling positive about Vieira because we do need more creativity. But we need a goalscorer first and foremost. £34m on him and now £30m on that LCB is making me think we're repeating last season's mistakes.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:36 pm

Reiss wrote:After years of underinvestment in the Wenger years we are doing what we need to do to catch up.

Wenger not signing a Giroud upgrade cost us the title in 2015/16, as you have said.

Edteta not signing an Aubameyang replacement cost us a CL place this year. We overspent on defensive buys that ended up conceding more goals and losing more games than last year.

I'm feeling positive about Vieira because we do need more creativity. But we need a goalscorer first and foremost. £34m on him and now £30m on that LCB is making me think we're repeating last season's mistakes.

We're on the verge of signing Jesus. Exciting times ahead.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:47 pm

8 goals in 28 league games excites no one
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk