Fábio Vieira (21)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Official: Fabio Vieira joins on long-term contract

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Roycck wrote:Well if he have twinkle toes like Hleb, I am sure he will be useful in tight situations with a brilliant pass or dribble.
Hleb was awful, my second least favourite Arsenal player ever after Gallas!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:40 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:He's built like a school kid ffs. Might as well stick Patino in there, at least he's bulked up a bit.

better goals+assists/90 than Luis Diaz on the same team last year :dontknow:
Diaz the better goal scorer, Viera the provider

(Diaz played the equivalent of ~ 2 full games more)

Diaz is 24, Fabio is 21

And no, I am not saying he is better or even as good as Diaz. Nope.
Just that he is a contributor towards getting the ball over the goal line.

I think your disguising your attraction to twinks :sneaky2: jk m8
We'll see but I'd put money on him not making it in the PL
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:35 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
Roycck wrote:Well if he have twinkle toes like Hleb, I am sure he will be useful in tight situations with a brilliant pass or dribble.

Hleb wasn't awful, he was decent. Didn't have enough end product but helped us keep possession by hardly ever losing the ball, got loads of free kicks, was brilliant on the counter.

Not even close to being the worst Arsenal player
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:16 pm

My first ever trip to emirates stadium. 0-0 with 'boro. Hleb had an open goal but went for a sideways pass. By the second half every time he got the ball you could hear the crowd sigh cos we just knew he'd go on a decent run but do nothing with it.

Might have just been unlucky that my first trip to the stadium he was so frustrating but he's one of those 'technical' players Wenger liked that would get bullied off the pitch.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:43 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:My first ever trip to emirates stadium. 0-0 with 'boro. Hleb had an open goal but went for a sideways pass. By the second half every time he got the ball you could hear the crowd sigh cos we just knew he'd go on a decent run but do nothing with it.

Might have just been unlucky that my first trip to the stadium he was so frustrating but he's one of those 'technical' players Wenger liked that would get bullied off the pitch.

Remember when Chamakh would do that? Far worse than Hleb because he was supposed to be striker.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:14 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:My first ever trip to emirates stadium. 0-0 with 'boro. Hleb had an open goal but went for a sideways pass. By the second half every time he got the ball you could hear the crowd sigh cos we just knew he'd go on a decent run but do nothing with it.

Remember when Chamakh would do that? Far worse than Hleb because he was supposed to be striker.
Yeah but he ruined my day out, could have had a hat-trick. Also he symbolised the excuses/Arsenal can be kicked off the park mentality back then. Just my personal preference, not saying he was bad, just my second least favourite.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:20 pm

I don't understand why he didn't like shooting, he literally shirked the responsibility to shoot, frustrating as hell !!! That stood out for me as the primary reason he had no end product.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:

I don't understand why he didn't like shooting, he literally shirked the responsibility to shoot, frustrating as hell !!! That stood out for me as the primary reason he had no end product.
He really did take it past the keeper and look for someone to pass to. Was looking for the highlights, think it might have been 1-1 not 0-0. Sept 06.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Hleb was pretty rubbish really. I was baffled by how much love he got from fans at the time
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:10 pm

He was skilful no end product though
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Est83 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Hleb's ball retention was on another planet. His link up play was great. Had the grace of Zizou when running and turning... he was damn gifted.

He was a baller.

But yea, didn't have end product. His role in the build up play was undeniable though. Didn't get the goals, but others wouldn't have got as many goals without him.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby UFGN » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:52 pm

Est83 wrote:Hleb's ball retention was on another planet. His link up play was great. Had the grace of Zizou when running and turning... he was damn gifted.

He was a baller.

But yea, didn't have end product. His role in the build up play was undeniable though. Didn't get the goals, but others wouldn't have got as many goals without him.

A different midfielder with a better scoring record than 7 in 89 (!!!) might have got us more goals and made goals too

I reiterate.....he was pretty fkin dreadful but somehow became a pin up boy for the worship of mediocrity
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:00 pm

Anyone seen Fabio Vieira?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:25 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:

Thought Hleb was absolute class in 2005/2006 season tbf Especially in the Champions League. But was shocking after that season tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:39 pm

UFGN wrote:
Est83 wrote:Hleb's ball retention was on another planet. His link up play was great. Had the grace of Zizou when running and turning... he was damn gifted.

He was a baller.

A different midfielder with a better scoring record than 7 in 89 (!!!) might have got us more goals and made goals too

I reiterate.....he was pretty fkin dreadful but somehow became a pin up boy for the worship of mediocrity

Erm, who you watchin' bro? Dreadful at what? The dude had synergy with the midfield. He fit right into the style at the time, great passer, quick in transition, great movement off the ball, and quite simply one of the best dribblers we've ever had at the club.

We also didn't have a problem scoring back then, and his play was essential to the build up. Even if he didn't get the assist, he always played a pivotal role in the build up.

Mediocre goal/assist stats maybe, that's certainly true, but there's a reason why everyone loved playing with him. And again, one of the best dribblers we've ever had, but with the link-up to boot.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk