Pires : Henry Leaving Arsenal ?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Pires : Henry Leaving Arsenal ?

Postby Trina » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:50 pm

skysports

Robert Pires has urged Thierry Henry to move to Spain, while claiming Cesc Fabregas would not be out of place at Barcelona.

Barca are ready to pounce for Henry if he decides to quit Arsenal, and Pires thinks a move to the Camp Nou would be perfect for the French striker.

Henry's future continues to be speculated upon and European champions Milan are known admirers of the Arsenal captain as well.

Pires believes the time is right for Henry to depart Emirates Stadium and wants him to head for Spain, where Pires currently plies his trade for Villarreal.

The winger is also full of admiration for Arsenal midfielder Fabregas who has also been linked with a return to his homeland.

"I think Thierry Henry would be very happy at Barca," Pires said in the Daily Star. "I should not be saying this as Arsenal, their manager and their fans are all very good.

"But it would be best for him to make a change. Arsenal are at the end of a cycle. They have signed some good new players but they are still very young.

"Cesc Fabregas is young but he already knows how to play. He is going to be an absolute star.

"The quality of his passing is right out of the Barca school of doing things."

You know, I know every year there is speculation about Henry leaving. But i've never heard as many players say it about him. [/quote]
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Windass10 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:48 am

Pires is speaking the way he sees it.
Windass10

Postby Piston Broke » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:01 am

Henry throws new worry to gooners :(

Henry casts fresh doubt on future
Thierry Henry
Henry had close linked to departed vice-chairman David Dein
Thierry Henry has cast fresh doubt on his Arsenal future after admitting he was "devastated" by vice-chairman David Dein's departure.

The 29-year-old France star also admits he is flattered by reports interest from Champions League winners AC Milan.

He said: "I was devastated when Mr Dein left the club. I don't know what happened and I don't want to know."

And on possible moves from Milan, Henry added: "That is great to hear. How can it be anything else?"

Henry added: "As I have said many times, at the moment I am an Arsenal player. But everyone knows that a lot of stuff has happened at the club recently that wasn't supposed to happen.

"So the only thing I can tell you is right now I am an Arsenal player but I cannot deny it's nice to hear about Milan."

Henry, whose personal advisor is Dein's son Darren, came out in strong support for the former vice-chairman, who left after "irreconcilable differences" with the Arsenal board.

Dein was also manager Arsene Wenger's closest confidante, and Henry said: "The bosses have been unsettled and a lot of players at the club have been unsettled.

"Although no one is bigger than the club, Arsene Wenger and Mr Dein are really close to being Arsenal.

"So if you ask me if there was one person on the board I would not like to see leaving, I would have said Mr Dein.

"Unfortunately it is out of my hands. I don't agree with what has happened but sometimes that's the way things are. We just have to move on
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rvtheace » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:56 am

Arsenal are at the end of a cycle. They have signed some good new players but they are still very young.

Wouldn't that mean that they are at the beggining of a new cycle? :roll:
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CLS » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:12 am

Piston Broke wrote:Henry throws new worry to gooners :(

Henry casts fresh doubt on future
Thierry Henry
Henry had close linked to departed vice-chairman David Dein
Thierry Henry has cast fresh doubt on his Arsenal future after admitting he was "devastated" by vice-chairman David Dein's departure.

The 29-year-old France star also admits he is flattered by reports interest from Champions League winners AC Milan.

He said: "I was devastated when Mr Dein left the club. I don't know what happened and I don't want to know."

And on possible moves from Milan, Henry added: "That is great to hear. How can it be anything else?"

Henry added: "As I have said many times, at the moment I am an Arsenal player. But everyone knows that a lot of stuff has happened at the club recently that wasn't supposed to happen.

"So the only thing I can tell you is right now I am an Arsenal player but I cannot deny it's nice to hear about Milan."

Henry, whose personal advisor is Dein's son Darren, came out in strong support for the former vice-chairman, who left after "irreconcilable differences" with the Arsenal board.

Dein was also manager Arsene Wenger's closest confidante, and Henry said: "The bosses have been unsettled and a lot of players at the club have been unsettled.

"Although no one is bigger than the club, Arsene Wenger and Mr Dein are really close to being Arsenal.

"So if you ask me if there was one person on the board I would not like to see leaving, I would have said Mr Dein.

"Unfortunately it is out of my hands. I don't agree with what has happened but sometimes that's the way things are. We just have to move on

after hearing it on the radio this morning,for the first time i am starting to believe there could be some truth in all these henry talks,he is so upset about dien leaving and it has upset the dimention off the club so anything is possible :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:58 pm

he,s gone baby!!!! :cry:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:25 am

I dont believe he is going anywhere yet... and strongly believe he will be with us for the next campaign, judging on how well we do next term will decide his future i think.

What alot of people are forgetting is that one of the main factors that helped his decision to stay with us, was his wife not wanting to move abroad.

One of the other rumours thats doing the rounds is that Thierry will be joining Liverpool!! :shock: :lol: AS IF!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:23 am

:lol: haha, Robert is still feeling treated harshly because we wouldnt offer him the 2 year deal he wanted, so he is trying to influence our main players.

Thierry isnt leaving Arsenal we all know that :P
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby left right left » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:18 pm

hope your right bud :shock:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Arsenal Talk