Supporting Arsenal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Supporting Arsenal

Postby Trina » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:37 am

Not many new topics in here now the season has finished.

So when did you first start supporting Arsenal and who was your favourite player?

I've supported them for 10 years now and my favourite player back then was little Overmars!
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:54 am

Been supporting for about 13yrs now, until then never really followed or liked the beautiful game.

The match that converted me was the cup winners cup final 94 v Zaragoza, when we lost to a fluke goal in the last minute of extra time from the halfway line, by ex *** Nayim.
I was newly wed & only had a portable tv, it was very nearly thrown off the balcony! Suprised myself by my reaction & never looked back since.

Fave players back then were Adams, Wrighty & Dixon.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:06 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Been supporting for about 13yrs now, until then never really followed or liked the beautiful game.

The match that converted me was the cup winners cup final 94 v Zaragoza, when we lost to a fluke goal in the last minute of extra time from the halfway line, by ex *** Nayim.
I was newly wed & only had a portable tv, it was very nearly thrown off the balcony! Suprised myself by my reaction & never looked back since.

Fave players back then were Adams, Wrighty & Dixon.

It's only a fluke if he didn't try to do it, but he did try. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Piston Broke » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:26 pm

been a Gooner for 28/29years now for my sins have seen most of the bad times(rioch :brick: ) as well as all the good times recently :D always loved Adams as a player and a true gooner + wrighty too nowdays my two fav's are Toure & Rapin Robin so same positions different players

:arsenal: :flag: :trophy: :oo3: :005:
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby whee » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Got given my first Arsenal shirt in 1988 when I was 2. So I guess 18 years.

My favourite players currently are Denilson and Rapin Robin (f***ing God).

Arsenal have cost me 2 relationships and a good couple of grand in the last 2 seasons alone.

Love it.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby N5-1BU » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:05 pm

Went to my first Arsenal match aged just 2 and started going regularly when I was 7.

So I'd say 15 years of support.
N5-1BU
Liam Brady

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 pm

5 years i used to f***ing hate football.

then the gooners found me then i now i love them :D
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby left right left » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:45 pm

starting saying that i like arsenal at about 11 because the bird at school i wanted to nail was a gooner, but i have always liked boxing more , but over the last 8 years i have become the gooner of gooners :trophy:

always love paddy!! i remember his first game for arsenal!! i was in ibiza watching it :flag:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CLS » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:24 am

26 years man and boy
started on my first day of big school when i met all my new school mates at bullsmoor who were all asrenal crazy,
was easy to get ticket then so we went quite a lot,no seats then just pure barging everyone around, my first game was againt nottingham forest, i think it was 1-1
favorite players were adams,merson and
ian wright wright wright
now its henry and RVP :flag: :flag:
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rvtheace » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:27 am

It's story time!!! :D

I became a Gooner for absolutely no good reason. The first time I 'liked' Arsenal was when I used to play a stupid game called 'International Soccer', around 13 years ago.

Arsenal were the first team on the list (alphabetically), and the best (I guess since they had just won the League).

Then years later, late 90s or so, even though I was not a football fan, I followed Arsenal in the papers, since I always like a good underdog.

At the turn of the millenium, I started watching a few matches. The first Arsenal goal I saw was Henry's legendary strike against the Mancs! What a way to start, huh?

Then, I became a frequent watcher during the unbeaten season, fond memories of Henry, Pires and Cashley blasting down the left flank, Freddie poaching bucket loads, and Bergkamp's sublime passes.

Next year round, I watched practically every single match, starting with the Community Shield (where we got our first sight of Cesc).

Now, Goonerism is now flowing deep in my veins. :flag:
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:47 am

Rv invents a new word! Goonerism! i love it! :lol: :arsenal:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Windass10 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:39 pm

Supported Arsenal since 1994 12 years plus, fav players back then were Wrigthy and Merson.
Windass10

Postby Gunner71 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:35 pm

All my family are Gooners, so it's in my blood!!!!

Can remember getting full kit for xmas when i was 8 and earliest memory is watching '79 FA cup final on the box. That's 27 years of being a Gooner!!

Favourite players? Tony Adams, David Rocastle, Paul Merson, Ian Wright, TH14, Martin Keown for jumping all over Van Nistleroy at Old Trafford, Kenny Sansom, the list goes on......
Gunner71
Patrick Vieira

Postby whee » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:25 pm

I got Merson on the back of this years home shirt.

Always a hit when I travel, or do home games.

Bloke's a f***ing God.

Today was a good day, renewing the membership. I got this warm feeling of "Yep, everything's alright in the world"
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Arsenal Talk