Arsenal To Be Without Gilberto

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Arsenal To Be Without Gilberto

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:49 pm

For the first few games of the season he has been named captain of Brazil

Gilberto will miss the start of next season after being selected to captain Brazil at the Copa America this month in Venezuela.

The Arsenal midfielder, who is playing for his country in a friendly against Turkey in Dortmund tonight, will today be named in the 22-man Brazil squad for the tournament, which runs from 26 June to 15 July.

Gilberto will take a holiday after the competition and will not return to pre-season training until August, which will rule him out of Arsenal's first-leg Champions League qualifier in early August and their opening Premiership fixture on 11 August.

The Brazilian said: "I have spoken to Arsène [Wenger] and he is aware of the situation. I will have a rest after the Copa America and will miss the first few games of the campaign because I'll be doing my own pre-season."

Gilberto's position in the Arsenal side for the early season fixtures could be taken by fellow Brazilian Denilson, who has not been selected for the Copa America.
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby left right left » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:48 pm

no probs!!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:30 am

Ah crap, he's an important player for us. Diaby and Denilson are capable replacements though.

Anyways... best of luck to him!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:44 am

Not good news, but im sure Diaby will step up to the mark.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby left right left » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:12 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Not good news, but im sure Diaby will step up to the mark.

he is the one who could make things happen for arsenal this season!! if he plays in the middle and gets a good run of games :trophy:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Amoo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:53 pm

I am glad! I don't rate Gilberto one bit maybe Paddy can start playing again :)
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:55 pm

Why dont you rate him, he is one of our best players, strong, a great leader.

You probally dont like him because he doesnt score loads of goals, does stepovers and fancy tricks.
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Amoo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:58 pm

He scored quite a lot of goals last season though from the Penalty Spot. I just dont think he's as good as Paddy or Cesc and I feel there's a few better central midfielders out there hat we could have too.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:00 pm

Paddy was finished mate, his knees were gone, and he was getting a little bit big for his boots.

Wenger packed him off to Juventus and we havnt looked back, i dont miss him Diaby is every he was and more.

:arsenal:
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Amoo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:02 pm

I would rather have Baptista in centre with Cesc and get another striker in altohugh we do have RVP and Henry to come back next season if Henry doesnt leave.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Baptista is gone mate, we arnt taking up the option to buy him so thas not an option.

And as for buying a new striker, we have Bendtner coming back , ive watched him lots he is amazing pace power energy movement and a very good finisher.

As well as Vela on loan, the last thing we need is another forward a winger is all we need
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Amoo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Bendtner wasn't THAT prolific is Championship and thats a mile away from Premiership he has a good future fair enough same with Carlos but we still need a proven striker espeically if Henry goes!!

Eto'o would kill in The Prem and if Liverpool sign him I would fancy them and would definately lump on with a E/w Bet for them to win league next season. I like Rosicky too I think he will play an important role next season.

I don't think we have team to play with wingers and we need to go with playing through the middle. Thats my opinion of course but imagine playing 3 up front like Henry, Adebayor and RVP and have midfielders like Rosicky, Cesc and Gilberto (although rather somneone else) following through then you have future class such as Denilson, Walcott and Diaby on the bench the futures bright for us.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:15 pm

Amoo wrote:Bendtner wasn't THAT prolific is Championship and thats a mile away from Premiership he has a good future fair enough same with Carlos but we still need a proven striker espeically if Henry goes!!

Eto'o would kill in The Prem and if Liverpool sign him I would fancy them and would definately lump on with a E/w Bet for them to win league next season. I like Rosicky too I think he will play an important role next season.

I don't think we have team to play with wingers and we need to go with playing through the middle. Thats my opinion of course but imagine playing 3 up front like Henry, Adebayor and RVP and have midfielders like Rosicky, Cesc and Gilberto (although rather somneone else) following through then you have future class such as Denilson, Walcott and Diaby on the bench the futures bright for us.

Watch Bendtner more mate, you will see he is a great striker , he is like 18 nearly 19, already scored in massive games for his country , 4-3-3 will never happen under wenger which is a shame, Rosicky is a greta player, and i grant him this term to settle in to the premeiship but im expecting 10 goals at least from him next season we need goals from midfield.

But back to Gilberto he is a better captain than Thierry by a country Mile.
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Amoo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:17 pm

Henry ain't a captain though, we need someone to lead from back and I think Senderos could be that man! As I live in Birmingham went to watch them quite a lot last season when we were away or playing Sunday and Bendtner does look a bright player from what I saw but I don't think he appeared prolific but I do suppose we have been spoilt with our strikers in the past although I stand by the fact he is not ready.
Amoo
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby (-•Sanderson•-) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:21 pm

hahaha :lol:

Senderos as captain you want our worst player to be the captain :lol:

he isnt even a regular starter
(-•Sanderson•-)
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk