Official Arsenal Women FC Discussion Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Official Arsenal Women FC Discussion Thread

Postby yadunoe » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:06 am

The fact is the best women's team we have ever had would lose 20-0 to the shittiest men's team we ever had and that's why I don't watch women's football lool
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:52 pm

yadunoe wrote:The fact is the best women's team we have ever had would lose 20-0 to the shittiest men's team we ever had and that's why I don't watch women's football lool

I very much doubt that when I think of the likes of Andre Santos, Squilachi, Bellerin, Sonogo, Traore, Gus Ceasar etc, but I'll put that down to ignorance more than misogyny, given your mitigation of not watching women's football thus basing your assessment on zero data. A bit like a marine biology impact statement from a nomadic tribesman that has never left the Kalahari desert.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:16 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:
yadunoe wrote:The fact is the best women's team we have ever had would lose 20-0 to the shittiest men's team we ever had and that's why I don't watch women's football lool

I very much doubt that when I think of the likes of Andre Santos, Squilachi, Bellerin, Sonogo, Traore, Gus Ceasar etc, but I'll put that down to ignorance more than misogyny, given your mitigation of not watching women's football thus basing your assessment on zero data. A bit like a marine biology impact statement from a nomadic tribesman that has never left the Kalahari desert.

:rofll:

This guy really needs to win potm sometime
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Arsenal 3-0 Birmingham

Foord, Roord, Little (pen). Little missed a pen in the first half as well.

Hopefully the first of 2 Arsenal wins today.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Making up for yesterday, beating Everton 4-0 atm.

And van de donkey just came on :cloud9:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:15 pm

Beating Man Utd 2-0 despite Beth Mead red card, important in the race for Europe. Puts us above them if we win our GIH !
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Just saw it on Instagram :(

Delete the thread
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:17 pm

noooooooooooo
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:55 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:

I have watched women's football, it is mostly dreadful, my comment has nothing to do with misogyny either, thats just a cheap lame comment people trot out to assume some higher morale ground and virtue signal ! Just like every negative comment toward black people is not racism.

I watch women in MMA, boxing, tennis, snowboarding and golf with as much excitement and anticipation as I do watching men play and from that list the only one that disappoints me is tennis to a degree because there are no female tennis players that play with any guile.

The best women's football team would get absolutely battered by a decent semi-pro youth football team. There are plenty of results out there that confirms this already. It has nothing to do with misogyny
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:20 pm

Nikita Parris signs for Arsenal. A good player,can't wait to see how she gets on.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -from-lyon
Last edited by Goonerred on Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:

I have watched women's football, it is mostly dreadful, my comment has nothing to do with misogyny either, thats just a cheap lame comment people trot out to assume some higher morale ground and virtue signal ! Just like every negative comment toward black people is not racism.

I watch women in MMA, boxing, tennis, snowboarding and golf with as much excitement and anticipation as I do watching men play and from that list the only one that disappoints me is tennis to a degree because there are no female tennis players that play with any guile.

The best women's football team would get absolutely battered by a decent semi-pro youth football team. There are plenty of results out there that confirms this already. It has nothing to do with misogyny

The first comment probably is true but they're not playing against men. The competition is fair and has definitely got better over the last few years. It will never have the draw mens football has though. Just like mens volleyball will never have the draw, womens volleyball does.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:56 pm

Miedema 1-0

Mead 2-1

Mead 3-1
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:31 pm

Was a good game and a huge tart for the new manager, bit of belief back in the team.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerred » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:36 pm

A great win today.
Goonerred

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk