Transfers

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Transfers

Postby Fordy » Mon May 28, 2007 9:26 am

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ool+liking

If liverpool start buying players like this and chelsea try and sign david villa

Where does this leave arsenal? I think it is going to be hard for arsenal to catch up if they don't start buying better quality players.

One of the main questions needs to be have arsenal got the cash to spend on players like this or is it just Wenger that does not want these players.

I know they have just built a new stadium but it was said that it would not affect the budget for new players.
Last edited by Fordy on Mon May 28, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon May 28, 2007 10:10 am

TBH im a bit fed up of hearing the have Arsenal got money question. no offence.

It's been made crystal clear that our transfer kitty & the stadium debt are kept totally separate, this was outlined in the plans before the 1st brick of our new stadium was even laid.

We all know Arsene is a bit of a miser, which in some respects is a good thing, on a business level, Wenger refuses to buy for the sake of it, he has a magic knack of turning your average player into a world class player, & i have faith in him.

We need more experienced players, if we can get a 'star signing' all well & good, but if we dont sign a big name in the summer, i wont be too worried, im sure Arsene knows who he wants, & who to target in the transfer window.
1stly id be more concerned about securing the contracts of our players who's deals are coming to an end, as we have been seen to be doing so recently.

What we do have at Arsenal is a young growing team, that will, (i hope) aspire to great things.
Arsene is building for the future, we may have signed alot of teeenage prodigies in recent years, but im damn sure id rather us get them than they go to another club once they make the grade, we have the likes of Theo Walcott, the young Dennislon who's already making his mark, Carlos Vela, Fran Merida, all who are tipped to be the next big thing.
Let alone the regular young players who are already stamping their authority in our 1st team with Cesc, Clichy, Diaby, Eboue & even Djourou.

Patience is the key... let Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea go out & snap up all the stars who are big names today, tomorrow in terms of football they could be retiring.

Football careers are not as prolonged as normal jobs, and if success for us takes that little longer to achieve, while we groom our young squad, i am more than happy to wait, we went years being an average-ish team before Le Boss arrived, he transformed us into the team we are today.
And when you look at the injuries we have suffered this season & to still finish 4th to get to CL qualifiers for next term is quite an achievement, as well as reaching the carling cup final only to lose to an offside goal.
I know many will say its only the Carling Cup, but we have reached 2 finals in 2 seasons, one obviously being more prestigious, The Champions League.

Oh & just to add isnt that the same Eto'o who was so desperate to play alongside Henry?! ;)

We will be starting the next campaign hopefully with no injuries & lets hope that we will not be has hard done by in those respects for the 07/08 campaign as we have been for the one that has just finished.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon May 28, 2007 10:55 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Oh & just to add isnt that the same Eto'o who was so desperate to play alongside Henry?! ;)

Yeah, but in Spain. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby rvtheace » Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 am

Eto'o would be the next Shevchenko is he joins Liverpool. These players thrived on the creative play and high-quality football of their teams to make them famous.

They will not be as prolific under the workman-like styles of Chelsea and Liverpool. A player the likes of Drogba is better suited to these teams.

And anyways, as far as strikers go, even the richest team rarely have more than two top strikers. Any more, and there would be major discontent over starting positions.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Tue May 29, 2007 2:00 pm

we need some big name players NOW!!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 29, 2007 4:03 pm

left right left wrote:we need some big name players NOW!!!

We do not need big name players, what we need is players who will fit into our style of play, the last thing we want or need is a star player to come here & flop, cos the prem is too physical, look at some of chelsea & utd signinggs over the years, then there was reyes & baptista who were both big names abroad then look what happened......says it all really. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Fordy » Tue May 29, 2007 4:05 pm

i see your point but there is a lot of big players who have come here and been stars
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 29, 2007 4:12 pm

And there are your average p[layers who have come to Arsenal & been made stars. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby left right left » Tue May 29, 2007 8:04 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
left right left wrote:we need some big name players NOW!!!

We do not need big name players, what we need is players who will fit into our style of play, the last thing we want or need is a star player to come here & flop, cos the prem is too physical, look at some of chelsea & utd signinggs over the years, then there was reyes & baptista who were both big names abroad then look what happened......says it all really. ;)

and look what them 2 teams have won over the last 4 years!!!! :roll:

we cant keep saying how good our kidds r :roll:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 29, 2007 10:34 pm

Yeah i know what your saying Kev, but what im trying to put across is that we dont neccasarily need a big name signing. Im NOT saying lets go out & sign the next wonder kid...we already got enough!

The kids got to gain experience somewhere along the road to success, & not just the run of the Carling Cup. We may not have got any silverware this season, but our problem this season has mainly been in lack of forwards,(one position kids didnt cover!) & midfeilders who can score, we were spoilt with Pires & Freddie of days gone past! Hleb & Rosicky should be hitting the back of the net more! ;) credit where its due, the young guns that have been given/forced into the 1st team have done really well, and yes i know the squad is a bit thread-bare on more experienced players and yes we do need more experience but not necesarily the likes of Eto'o or Ronaldhino...get my drift? ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 29, 2007 10:37 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Oh & just to add isnt that the same Eto'o who was so desperate to play alongside Henry?! ;)

Yeah, but in Spain. ;)

That as well, but he was also quoted as saying if he were to come to the prem he would like to partner Henry. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Return to Arsenal Talk