Rúnarsson terminates contract by mutual consent

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 am

Looks like a nimble goalkeeper with excellent reflexes, who excels at saving lower-placed shots.

Having said that, there aren't many goalkeepers who remain this far of his line when facing potentially incoming shots. At 6'1'', Rúnarsson isn't the tallest, meaning he doesn't have the widest reach, so he probably does this in order to reduce the size of the attacker's shooting angles. An important caveat that comes with this type of positioning is that he can leave himself stranded, which makes him vulnerable to chip shots. A familiar face who also does this is Jordan Pickford, albeit not to the same extreme extent.

Also just by looking at some of his highlight reels, you tell he's a bit cocky, particularly when being closed down by a defender. Confidence can be a good thing, but there's an instance where he gets carried away and tries to outmanoeuvre a second pressing player—and screws up.

Furthermore, it's a pity none of the reels out there highlight how he performs during corners and other set pieces. I've seen it being mentioned that this is a weakness of his, which could be a partial explanation. However there's a trend among editors to predominantly focus on dramatic saves as that's what most of the audience wants to see.

Another important aspect that editors have failed to highlight is his distribution, which further adds to the rather unknown quantity that he currently is.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby gooney » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:28 am

I wonder if he is related to those 2 chicks that was banged by the English players. Apparently everyone in Iceland is related
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:31 am

When I was there I got in a taxi where the driver was Gylfi Sigurdsson’s cousin
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Jedi » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 am

Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 am

Lol. Apparently they were from he was 14

We were probably all thinking the same around that time tbh
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 am

Zenith wrote:

Looks like a nimble goalkeeper with excellent reflexes, who excels at saving lower-placed shots.

Having said that, there aren't many goalkeepers who remain this far of his line when facing potentially incoming shots. At 6'1'', Rúnarsson isn't the tallest, meaning he doesn't have the widest reach, so he probably does this in order to reduce the size of the attacker's shooting angles. An important caveat that comes with this type of positioning is that he can leave himself stranded, which makes him vulnerable to chip shots. A familiar face who also does this is Jordan Pickford, albeit not to the same extreme extent.

Also just by looking at some of his highlight reels, you tell he's a bit cocky, particularly when being closed down by a defender. Confidence can be a good thing, but there's an instance where he gets carried away and tries to outmanoeuvre a second pressing player—and screws up.

Furthermore, it's a pity none of the reels out there highlight how he performs during corners and other set pieces. I've seen it being mentioned that this is a weakness of his, which could be a partial explanation. However there's a trend among editors to predominantly focus on dramatic saves as that's what most of the audience wants to see.

Another important aspect that editors have failed to highlight is his distribution, which further adds to the rather unknown quantity that he currently is.

Just in addition to the conclusion in the final paragraph, Iñaki Caña, Arsenal's current GK coach, has previously worked with RAR at Nordsjælland and—reportedly—it's his recommendation that instigated Arsenal's interest.

Make of that what you will. :Peace:

The pessimists: CRONYISM!
The optimists: REASSURING!
The realists: DUNNO!
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ESR10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:41 pm

If he is a gooner, it's normal to not feel positive about Wenger and his last 10 years at Arsenal. It's a positive sign for me that he has a connection to the club.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Sims wrote:When I was there I got in a taxi where the driver was Gylfi Sigurdsson’s cousin

Thats not impressive

We're talking about a country where the actor who plays Sporticus became national gymnastics champion for a dare over a few beers
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Sims » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:21 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:When I was there I got in a taxi where the driver was Gylfi Sigurdsson’s cousin

Thats not impressive

We're talking about a country where the actor who plays Sporticus became national gymnastics champion for a dare over a few beers

I did see that mountain bloke from game of thrones

Needless to say he was f***ing massive
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:19 pm

:rofll:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Jedi wrote:

loool

P A S H U N

Arsenal legend already.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Sims » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:52 am

Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Massa » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 am

WHAT A SIGNING
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby themessiah » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:31 pm

Does not matter. My understanding is Arteta will play Leno in the cup games as well, Runarsson would literally be a emergency keeper. Should seal Maceys exit.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to World Football