Adebayor signs long term deal

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Adebayor signs long term deal

Postby Trina » Wed May 23, 2007 8:57 am

Skysports

Emmanuel Adebayor has been rewarded for a series of promising displays with a new 'long-term' deal at Arsenal.

The Togo international has quickly adapted to the physical demands of the Premiership and in making 44 appearances in the season just passed, has established himself as a regular in Arsene Wenger's first team.

Adebayor arrived in North London in the 2006 January transfer window and in total has made 57 appearances, scoring 16 goals.

Wenger has been quick to tie down several of his promising youngsters to long-term deals, with Adebayor's contract having come quick on the heels of Emmanuel Eboue inking a similar commitment.

Arsenal have decided against disclosing the length of Adebayor's new contract.
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 23, 2007 10:05 am

I saw something about this last week and was shocked to see his wage was 'doubled'. He's now on 14k a year. So that means he was only on 7k a week? 14k is still low. Okay it's a shit load of money but just seems a low amount for a good player, especialy strikers.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed May 23, 2007 10:11 am

Id imagine 'Long Term' would suggest a 5yr deal.

Still good news.....if only he could improve his finishing, may sound a little unfair but i think he has really missed playing alongside Henry this season, those pair were getting a really good understanding of eachother on the pitch.

I know Nicklas Bendtner is one of the younger players that has just signed a new 5yrs deal.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 23, 2007 10:13 am

I thought contract lengths had to be shown?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby left right left » Tue May 29, 2007 2:06 pm

i dont think he,s good enoth!!!!
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Arsenal Talk