The Official Knee-Jerk Thread

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

The Official Knee-Jerk Thread

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:37 am

This thread was created for two reasons:

1. To allow everyone to air their post-match grievances and in a fit of anger shout "CLICHY IS SHIT - SELL HIM NOW!" just because he made a mistake, without anyone having to type the usual response of "Now come on, calm down he's been great for the whole season up to now, let's not overreact etc. etc."
The thread title speaks for itself.

2. To allow all the impatient fans who expect all our teenagers to score hatricks on their first ever 9 minute sub appearances to express their disgust when they don't.

Feel free to type things like "BENDTNER IS SHIT!" or "THEO IS SHIT!" and "SELL THESE TWATS IMMEDIATELY" because this thread is your rightful and spiritual home.
:grouphug:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: The Official Knee-Jerk Thread

Postby arseman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:40 am

Let's buy Darren Bent!! :sneaky2:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theodora » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 am

Inchpractice wrote:This thread was created for two reasons:

1. To allow everyone to air their post-match grievances and in a fit of anger shout "CLICHY IS SHIT - SELL HIM NOW!" just because he made a mistake, without anyone having to type the usual response of "Now come on, calm down he's been great for the whole season up to now, let's not overreact etc. etc."

2. To allow all the impatient fans who expect all our teenagers to score hatricks on their first ever 9 minute sub appearances to express their disgust when they don't.

Feel free to type things like "BENDTNER IS SHIT!" or "THEO IS SHIT!" and "SELL THESE TWATS IMMEDIATELY" because this thread is your rightful and spiritual home.

They should all be forced onto the estates of hackney for some community services in primark shirts and get rid of that manager :P Which seems to be the general opinion on 666
theodora
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:04 am

hlebs left sock wrote:

They should all be forced onto the estates of hackney for some community services in primark shirts and get rid of that manager :P Which seems to be the general opinion on 666

Good idea.
Oh yeh and get rid of that Arsene Wenger he's f***ing SHIT!
What's he won us in the last 3 years eh? f**k all!
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:07 am

FOR FUCKS SAKE.

WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH ARSENE? GOD, HE'LL NEVER MAKE US AS GOOD AS LIVERPOOL.

JESUS.

:angry:

Am I doing it right?
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby arseman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:18 am

I think I've mentioned this before but....

WE NEED USMANOV'S CASH!!! :pray:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theodora » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:24 am

Inchpractice wrote:
hlebs left sock wrote:

Good idea.
Oh yeh and get rid of that Arsene Wenger he's f***ing SHIT!
What's he won us in the last 3 years eh? f**k all!

You evidently have not grasped my sense of humour yet? :biggrin:
theodora
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:25 am

thing thats starting too piss me off

ok everybody including me is saying that we need new players, but we arent going to get any untill the transfer window opens, so maybe we should wait until then instead of everyone stating the obvious problem, in every thread on this forum

lets focus on the players we have at the moment, and will have untill the end of the season before we all talk about who we need.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 am

Inchpractice wrote:Feel free to type things like "BENDTNER IS SHIT!" or "THEO IS SHIT!" and "SELL THESE TWATS IMMEDIATELY" because this thread is your rightful and spiritual home.

Come on mate, I hardly think it's fair to pin the knee jerk doom merchant label on those of us who recognise a problem and are not afraid to speak out about it.

It would be knee jerk if it was off the back of one result, but in all honesty, when was the last time you can honestly say you feel we have played well, aside from the Milan game.

It's not knee jerk, it's honest, blunt and necessary!

I agree with you that calling players shit is going too far, but some of us are far from knee jerk :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dialsquare » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 pm

I am just a Jerk. Can I still post on this thread?
dialsquare
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Git » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:12 pm

dialsquare wrote:I am just a Jerk. Can I still post on this thread?

Is said Jerk attached to a knee?
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:07 pm

I'd love to participate but I think we are going to beat Liverpool at Anfield and go through, so unfortunately I can't.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:16 pm

I'll get in on this. Get rid of Eboue, or at least bannish him to the bench, the best part of his night was when he ran off the pitch to be subbed. He gives us nothing on the wing except false hopes.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dialsquare » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Git wrote:

Is said Jerk attached to a knee?

Yes indeed, despite the best efforts of my NHS surgeon.
dialsquare
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Git wrote:FOR FUCKS SAKE.

WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH ARSENE? GOD, HE'LL NEVER MAKE US AS GOOD AS LIVERPOOL.

JESUS.

:angry:

Am I doing it right?

Absolutely spot on mate, and you Arseman.

hlebs left sock wrote:You evidently have not grasped my sense of humour yet? :biggrin:

Yeah I got the joke, I was trying to go along with it...? Oh well.

absolutely_fabregas wrote:thing thats starting too piss me off

ok everybody including me is saying that we need new players, but we arent going to get any untill the transfer window opens, so maybe we should wait until then instead of everyone stating the obvious problem, in every thread on this forum

lets focus on the players we have at the moment, and will have untill the end of the season before we all talk about who we need.

Well said mate. :clap:

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Feel free to type things like "BENDTNER IS SHIT!" or "THEO IS SHIT!" and "SELL THESE TWATS IMMEDIATELY" because this thread is your rightful and spiritual home.

Come on mate, I hardly think it's fair to pin the knee jerk doom merchant label on those of us who recognise a problem and are not afraid to speak out about it.

It would be knee jerk if it was off the back of one result, but in all honesty, when was the last time you can honestly say you feel we have played well, aside from the Milan game?

It's not knee jerk, it's honest, blunt and necessary!

I agree with you that calling players shit is going too far, but some of us are far from knee jerk :sundae:

If you're not a knee-jerk merchant then you need not feel that this thread is aimed at you.
I agree that we haven't played that well lately although we played superbly against Bolton and Liverpool (just made mistakes in the first and were unlucky and innacurate in the second).
However I don't believe that a slight dip in form is a reason to start naming players who you want to get rid of and players who need to be bought immediately.
Eboue was crap against Liverpool but the boss will not sack him tomorrow and if he decides to keep him at the end of the season I will respect his judgement as he knows a lot more about Eboue than I do.
Manure have lost more games than us this season but they didn't lose them all in a row so people don't say things like 'Major crisis at United - players not good enough'.

A bit of perspective is what's needed sometimes. :sundae:

Ha ha ha brilliant. :roflmao:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk