Thomas Partey (5)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Thomas Partey (5)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon May 09, 2022 7:08 pm

Markx wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:My question is why aren’t we selling Xhaka, the guys is rubbish.

Partey at least brings something to the table.

Because Arteta doesn't agree and sees Xhaka as an important member of the squad

But it was also Arteta's decision to pay the release clause and make Partey the top earner on the team (now that PEA is gone).

We'll struggle to sell him because of this, and I wouldn't rule out an expensive contract termination in the future. Partey's entitled to £30m more in wages as it stands.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CaptGooner » Mon May 09, 2022 9:44 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Markx wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:My question is why aren’t we selling Xhaka, the guys is rubbish.

Yes, imagine preferring Xhaka over Partey!

All of our managers have preferred Xhaka and I don’t really understand it. To be fair he’s been decent as of late though.

Really hope we don’t sell Partey. As already mentioned, the only thing against him is his injury record. Could be wrong, but thought I saw somewhere that he was pretty injury free at Athletico.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 09, 2022 10:01 pm

I reckon partey and xhaka might go and we might get a completely revamped midfield. No evidence, just a feeling.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:I reckon partey and xhaka might go and we might get a completely revamped midfield. No evidence, just a feeling.

Partey is worth keeping in rotation as is Xhaka against the right oposition, but neither are the play every game type, Partey due to injury and xhaka due to brain farts
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 09, 2022 10:13 pm

We absolutely had to pay top dollar for Partey, he was easily one of the best CMs in the world at Athletico, the £45m fee was a bargain. He has not lived up to expectations in part due to his fitness and in part due to Arteta being an eejut.

In the right system and we have seen glimpses of it, Partey is a beast. Its Arteta's job to get him to flourish.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon May 09, 2022 10:17 pm

CaptGooner wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Markx wrote:

All of our managers have preferred Xhaka and I don’t really understand it. To be fair he’s been decent as of late though.

Really hope we don’t sell Partey. As already mentioned, the only thing against him is his injury record. Could be wrong, but thought I saw somewhere that he was pretty injury free at Athletico.

Yeah but thats not saying much, all of our managers have been fucktards!!

Wenger, needs no explanation, in the end his name became synonymous with fucktardom. Emery tried to turn Torreira into an attacking midfielder, need I say more. Arteta has had more than just a few fucktard moments, the most memorable being going in to the EL semi final without a recognised striker on the pitch!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby coolaa » Wed May 11, 2022 10:37 am

think Partey is too injury prone. Dun mind selling him if price is right for us and if we can get good two ST/WG like Jesus and Sterling.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby coolaa » Wed May 11, 2022 10:40 am

CaptGooner wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Markx wrote:

Spanish league is for pussy, if messi plays in the English league his legs would have been broken couple times at least like Eduardo.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 11, 2022 12:20 pm

No African sportsmen are pussies, they are strong and tough, are you crazy bro ?! Naturally strong specimens, tough as f**k .... ruling UFC at the moment.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon May 16, 2022 10:36 pm

Reiss wrote:@OliPriceBates: The day Partey got injured at Palace is the day we lost top four. The guy is the only CL level midfielder we have. Lost 5 out of 9 games since his injury. We'd won 6 out of the previous 7 (only loss to Liverpool).

Was a shame.
He was just picking up form too.
We had a bad injury run but we need to make sure we’re deeper in the squad next year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 16, 2022 10:44 pm

Reiss wrote:@OliPriceBates: The day Partey got injured at Palace is the day we lost top four. The guy is the only CL level midfielder we have. Lost 5 out of 9 games since his injury. We'd won 6 out of the previous 7 (only loss to Liverpool).

Finally something we agree on.

Our only genuine WC player ......"if" ..... he were able to stay fit and get into a run of form.

Unfortunately for us he hasn't been able to, hope he mends well over summer.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:25 pm

Not impressed with him much. Doesn't defend great, ordinary at transition, not good at tight spaces, vulnerable to heavy press, not great upfield either, no final balls, poor shooter, on top of that, injury prone and 29. This would be his make or break season. Don't think he'll be with us in two seasons.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:32 pm

Quality player. Keep him fit and pair him with the right player to complement his skills and he’ll soar.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Don't care how good he is, we need a plan for when he inevitably goes down again.

Would just take Bissouma and Aouar for 40-45m and that would give us decent options and decent backups.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:56 pm

When you bring in someone at 27 and for 47mil, you can't expect them to settle down in 2 seasons. They're brought in to make instant impact. He has been so underwhelming in that regard. One of reasons we have been struggling overall. No step up from the midfield.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk