Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
19
66%
Ancelotti
10
34%
 
Total votes : 29

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby elkanofan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:28 am

Ancelotti for me has been the most impressive.

He was the best choice for me. Come in. Steadied the ship without even changing much and has given new fresh life to a team which was heavily underachieving.

Jose is getting results for now but is causing issues with his usual lack of any style, defensive, counter attack only football and short term plans neglecting some big long term issues. Spurs fans aren't happy with him overall. Spurs, sad to say it are still better than us, have a better squad and more than enough to get top 4 in this truly poverty league. Jose don't worry me at all though. He won't last long down the lane.

Arteta is a rookie with a monumental task and he's done ok, with his failings down to expected inexperience with an unbalanced average squad. He should be looked at much more when given a full pre season. I just hope he doesn't screw up before we even get to pre season.
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14107
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 am

Angelito wrote:We seem to have forgotten that Spurs were UCL Finalists and have consistently finished in the top-4 under Poch?

And, Ancelotti has failed in his last two jobs.

Next please.


We haven't forgotten, the point was to show the impact of the new manager on the team, Mourinhos' impact has been significant, as has Ancelottis, Artetas' not so much.

As for Ancelotti failing in his last two jobs, his time at Bayern wasn't a massive success but he won the title, so he continued to win stuff just like he has throughout his career, at Napoli the owner got a bit too much involved so he had no choice but to leave. Arteta has never won a thing, worse still he's never managed before, to give him the job was madness to be honest.
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 am

Santi wrote:Spurs squad > Arsenal squad
What about who the respective teams played against?
What about the confidence and performance of each team before the new manager took over?

Painted a nice little picture that you wanted to paint there though, well done.

Exactly ........
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9531
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 am

Özim wrote:
Angelito wrote:We seem to have forgotten that Spurs were UCL Finalists and have consistently finished in the top-4 under Poch?

And, Ancelotti has failed in his last two jobs.

Next please.


We haven't forgotten, the point was to show the impact of the new manager on the team, Mourinhos' impact has been significant, as has Ancelottis, Artetas' not so much.

As for Ancelotti failing in his last two jobs, his time at Bayern wasn't a massive success but he won the title, so he continued to win stuff just like he has throughout his career, at Napoli the owner got a bit too much involved so he had no choice but to leave. Arteta has never won a thing, worse still he's never managed before, to give him the job was madness to be honest.


I've never understood that argument about him failing with Bayern or Napoli. Especially coming from Angelito who is in favour of Conte because wouldn't that mean he failed with Chelsea if judging by the same standard? I just wouldn't make that argument for either of them.

Also, it's not as if anyone here is expecting Arteta to win the league. Heck, the expectation for Top 4 or even a Europa League win has gone out the window. Really low expectations have been placed on our current manager but Ancelotti is somehow a failure for not winning the CL with Bayern or failing to win the league with Napoli? I really don't get it. It's not as if there is an expectation for us to win the league over the next few years anyway so it's a bit of a silly argument. I'd still expect an experienced manager like Ancelotti to get us back into the Top 4 either this season or next. Under Arteta I feel as though we may need a more time than that and I'm not expecting a title challenge any time soon either. Expectations have slowly been ebbed away and it buys some of the donkeys running this club more time they don't deserve.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4420
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Nuggets » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:07 pm

Özim wrote:
Angelito wrote:We seem to have forgotten that Spurs were UCL Finalists and have consistently finished in the top-4 under Poch?

And, Ancelotti has failed in his last two jobs.

Next please.


We haven't forgotten, the point was to show the impact of the new manager on the team, Mourinhos' impact has been significant, as has Ancelottis, Artetas' not so much.

As for Ancelotti failing in his last two jobs, his time at Bayern wasn't a massive success but he won the title, so he continued to win stuff just like he has throughout his career, at Napoli the owner got a bit too much involved so he had no choice but to leave. Arteta has never won a thing, worse still he's never managed before, to give him the job was madness to be honest.


Gorra good point. :clap:
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2016-17 Winner
 
Posts: 18527
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby theHotHead » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Özim wrote:
Angelito wrote:We seem to have forgotten that Spurs were UCL Finalists and have consistently finished in the top-4 under Poch?

And, Ancelotti has failed in his last two jobs.

Next please.


We haven't forgotten, the point was to show the impact of the new manager on the team, Mourinhos' impact has been significant, as has Ancelottis, Artetas' not so much.

As for Ancelotti failing in his last two jobs, his time at Bayern wasn't a massive success but he won the title, so he continued to win stuff just like he has throughout his career, at Napoli the owner got a bit too much involved so he had no choice but to leave. Arteta has never won a thing, worse still he's never managed before, to give him the job was madness to be honest.

Mate, YOU could win the Bundesliga with Bayern ! Whoop-de-fucking-do !
User avatar
theHotHead
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9531
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 pm

theHotHead wrote:Mate, YOU could win the Bundesliga with Bayern ! Whoop-de-fucking-do !


He still had to win it and he did. More to the point though, he has experience, has won stuff consistently including all the biggest prizes, he was the ideal candidate given our situation.

Based on what hes doing so far with an inferior squad he clearly would have been a great choice, he's outperforming Arteta with a worse group of players, but he is proven and has done it whereas Arteta is the opposite, we have no evidence he is capable of doing a good job, just hearsay.
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Ach » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:56 pm

I don't think Arteta would win the title with Bayern.
Ach
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18865
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Arteta for me was in many ways the worst choice we could have made, I wanted someone elite and proven, like Simeone, Ancelotti even Allegri, that would have been my choice, if we were going to go for a guy with less experience then I would rather it had been someone like Nagelsman or Vieira (at least he was a great player that I loved), I would have never wanted us to employ someone with no experience, even less so a guy who played for an captained us in a time associated with failure.

Never rated him as a player for us and thought he was an average captain (when he played and wasn't injured) for us, was quite happy when he left, now he's back managing us, with no credentials, so far delivering abject results and average football and backing players I think should be out of the club, he had to convince me he was the right guy, he's literally done the opposite so far.
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Özim wrote:Arteta for me was in many ways the worst choice we could have made, I wanted someone elite and proven, like Simeone, Ancelotti even Allegri, that would have been my choice, if we were going to go for a guy with less experience then I would rather it had been someone like Nagelsman or Vieira (at least he was a great player that I loved), I would have never wanted us to employ someone with no experience, even less so a guy who played for an captained us in a time associated with failure.

Never rated him as a player for us and thought he was an average captain (when he played and wasn't injured) for us, was quite happy when he left, now he's back managing us, with no credentials, so far delivering abject results and average football and backing players I think should be out of the club, he had to convince me he was the right guy, he's literally done the opposite so far.



Yes we know, you say the same f***ing thing every time. f**k me, change the record dude!!! :sleepy2:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:40 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Özim wrote:Arteta for me was in many ways the worst choice we could have made, I wanted someone elite and proven, like Simeone, Ancelotti even Allegri, that would have been my choice, if we were going to go for a guy with less experience then I would rather it had been someone like Nagelsman or Vieira (at least he was a great player that I loved), I would have never wanted us to employ someone with no experience, even less so a guy who played for an captained us in a time associated with failure.

Never rated him as a player for us and thought he was an average captain (when he played and wasn't injured) for us, was quite happy when he left, now he's back managing us, with no credentials, so far delivering abject results and average football and backing players I think should be out of the club, he had to convince me he was the right guy, he's literally done the opposite so far.



Yes we know, you say the same f***ing thing every time. f**k me, change the record dude!!! :sleepy2:


Actually I've never said that. :rofll:
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:45 pm

You've said the same thing about Arteta almost every time you talk about him. 144 post in the Arteta thread alone, all the same shit. We get it, you don't like him and think he was the worst decision we could make. I'm sure you'll say it again too.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:06 pm

StLGooner wrote:You've said the same thing about Arteta almost every time you talk about him. 144 post in the Arteta thread alone, all the same shit. We get it, you don't like him and think he was the worst decision we could make. I'm sure you'll say it again too.


If you dont like it, then ignore it, noone is making you join in.

You come out with the same nonsense too, maybe I should call you on it, luckily for you there are more important things in my life.
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby StLGooner » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Özim wrote:
StLGooner wrote:You've said the same thing about Arteta almost every time you talk about him. 144 post in the Arteta thread alone, all the same shit. We get it, you don't like him and think he was the worst decision we could make. I'm sure you'll say it again too.


If you dont like it, then ignore it, noone is making you join in.

You come out with the same nonsense too, maybe I should call you on it, luckily for you there are more important things in my life.



Please feel free.

Unfortunately since I'm a mod I have to read your boring, illogical post. That and the folks in the Ozil thread that same the same thing immediately after every game.

I'm just trying to give you advice so maybe you can extend your knowledge to another subject on the forum. I think we know your stance on Arteta now.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Özim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:31 pm

StLGooner wrote:Please feel free.

Unfortunately since I'm a mod I have to read your boring, illogical post. That and the folks in the Ozil thread that same the same thing immediately after every game.

I'm just trying to give you advice so maybe you can extend your knowledge to another subject on the forum. I think we know your stance on Arteta now.


Thank you.

I've posted on plenty of other things, it just happens to be that the manager is the main focus at the moment as the transfer window is shut and results are poor, it's not my fault he's been unconvincing.
Özim
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], swipe right and 4 guests